CP 201_: a thread for college program hopefuls who have to wait a few years.

You know, I'm not really sure yet. I think it would be AWESOME to work for Disney permanently, but since I'm going to major in education (or at least that's the plan...) I'll probably end up back in Texas, teaching. Which is fine, because I love working with kids.

Same here. I'm an elementary Education major, so I'll end up back here after the program to teach.

But my plan right now is to go seasonal :) and just work each and every summer :)

Same here. I'm an elementary Education major, so I'll end up back here after the program to teach.

But my plan right now is to go seasonal :) and just work each and every summer :)

Seasonal sounds like a good idea. I hadn't really considered that, but it could be the perfect solution to staying with Disney, even when I have a "real" job.

I think I'm going to get a degree in high school education. I'll have that if Disney doesn't work out.

I'm going to have a degree in Acting.... sooo if Disney doesn't work out I guess I'll go to NYC or LA... or maybe back to Pittsburgh.. i don't really know what I'd do if WDW didn't work- I'm destined to have an unsure future lol

What degree are you trying to get that you would need grad school for?

Journalism. It's not something that I have to go to grad school for, but it's important to me and my parents. I'm also thinking about double majoring/minoring in pr. I still haven't really figured out how I'll be able to utilize my would-be degree with disney though... I was thinking maybe if I went more the pr route, there might be something. But considering how I want to work in entertainment and eventually casting... I have no idea what I want to do. :confused3

Journalism. It's not something that I have to go to grad school for, but it's important to me and my parents. I'm also thinking about double majoring/minoring in pr. I still haven't really figured out how I'll be able to utilize my would-be degree with disney though... I was thinking maybe if I went more the pr route, there might be something. But considering how I want to work in entertainment and eventually casting... I have no idea what I want to do. :confused3

Do you want to work in entertainment and casting at WDW? I have met people on here who have worked their way up in entertainment even though their college degree has nothing to do with it. As long as you can get in entertainment on a CP, then they give you different networking oppurtunites which helps you a lot with getting jobs at WDW after college. If you want to work at WDW, I would definitely say do the CP sometime during college, even if its the semester after you graduate.

Do you want to work in entertainment and casting at WDW? I have met people on here who have worked their way up in entertainment even though their college degree has nothing to do with it. As long as you can get in entertainment on a CP, then they give you different networking oppurtunites which helps you a lot with getting jobs at WDW after college. If you want to work at WDW, I would definitely say do the CP sometime during college, even if its the semester after you graduate.

Yup, although if I got a degree in pr I'd like to see what kind of career I could make out of that at Disney, but I'd have to say I'm more intrested in entertainment/casting. That's my plan :)

So, I know we're all pretty much set on doing entertainment, and hopefully we'll all get it, but what are your backup roles if it doesn't work out?

I haven't really thought about it too much, but I think I'd like to do merchandise, or maybe attractions. Of course, I think I'd find a way to enjoy ANY job Disney gave me, but I'd certainly be happier with some roles over others (Housekeeping, for example, is one that I'm not sure I'd be great at :)).

I'm graduating in 2012 and am definitely looking forward to the CP Program! :D I'm A LOT younger than the students in my grade, though; so I have to wait longer than most people. (I believe the age requirement is 18, no?)

Anyways, it's good to know that I'm not the only over-excited one!

So, I know we're all pretty much set on doing entertainment, and hopefully we'll all get it, but what are your backup roles if it doesn't work out?

I would love to do Attractions or Photopass. I would love to be trained in a spieling attraction (Jungle Cruise/GMR) since that is my area of expertise :goodvibes
I don't have a lot of experience with photography, but I've always been interested in it. And I heard once that they want people for photopass that they can train more than an already experienced photographer. The person who told me said that sometimes they get experienced photographers who want to do "their" style of photography and that doesn't always gel well with what WDW wants. (Just what I heard- not necessarily true. But it was from a CM) So those are my 2 backups.

I'm graduating in 2012 and am definitely looking forward to the CP Program! :D I'm A LOT younger than the students in my grade, though; so I have to wait longer than most people. (I believe the age requirement is 18, no?)

:welcome:

I haven't really thought about it too much, but I think I'd like to do merchandise, or maybe attractions. Of course, I think I'd find a way to enjoy ANY job Disney gave me, but I'd certainly be happier with some roles over others (Housekeeping, for example, is one that I'm not sure I'd be great at :)).

If I didn't get entartainment my other choices are Character attendant, merchandise, attractions,full service food & beverage, and probably something I'm forgetting. Haha:) Those aren't in any specific order as I can't figure out what is my 1st, 2nd, etc. choices. I'd hate Housekeeping too. I hate cleaning my own house.

Welcome! You're only a grade ahead of me. I'm graduating in 2013. :)

I would love to do entertainment and casting too. Maybe we'll be coworkers one day. Haha :)

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we all ended up working at the mouse at the same time. :goodvibes

My backup are costuming and character attendant and maybe merch? As you can tell I'm a little entertainment obssessed :)

If I didn't get entartainment my other choices are Character attendant, merchandise, attractions,full service food & beverage, and probably something I'm forgetting. Haha:) Those aren't in any specific order as I can't figure out what is my 1st, 2nd, etc. choices. I'd hate Housekeeping too. I hate cleaning my own house.

I forgot about Character Attendant! I think that sounds like a fun role too, and would probably be one of my backups. But yeah, I have no idea what order I'd put them in either. I'm glad I've got at least a year or two before anything becomes final. I'm pretty indecisive. :confused3

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we all ended up working at the mouse at the same time. :goodvibes

My backup are costuming and character attendant and maybe merch? As you can tell I'm a little entertainment obssessed :)

Haha :) I know the feeling. Entertainment is my dream. :) I've always loved the characters. I remember my first trip when I was 5. I loved meeting Ariel back then, as she is my favorite princess :)

I forgot about Character Attendant! I think that sounds like a fun role too, and would probably be one of my backups. But yeah, I have no idea what order I'd put them in either. I'm glad I've got at least a year or two before anything becomes final. I'm pretty indecisive. :confused3

Its so hard to put them in order cuz they all sound exciting :)

Its so hard to put them in order cuz they all sound exciting :)

I know! I think my favorite 3 roles are Merchandise, Costuming (the shows/parade) and Character Attendant.

But Entertainment would be my first choice of course :)

WELCOME! :goodvibes

I love how much this thread has grown since i started it back in october!
keep the posts coming! :thumbsup2 I'd really love to keep this thread going until our CP's are finally here!

If entertainment doesn't work i'd love: (in no particular order)
  • attractions
  • full service food
  • bibbidi bobbidi boutique hostess
  • photopass photographer
  • merchandise

that list will definitely change from now to 2013 though, haha. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts