Covid testing sites near or in Disney

I am really hoping we get some/any clarification on Monday about the details for type of test, etc. We're still trying to figure out if we can spend Thanksgiving in Disney.

IF you are able to quarantine and had planned to follow those rules before the testing announcement, you can still do that. It was mentioned yesterday that anyone who refuses a test will just have to do the 14 day quarantine like usual. Obviously the testing is the easier option to go back and live your life but know that the old way is still an option.

Wouldn't this mean we need to test upon return to NY and not before leaving Fl?

For travelers who were in another state for more than 24 hours:
  • Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure from that state.
  • The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
  • On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.

• On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.

Both. You need to test within 3 days of departing the state you are visiting from, and then quarantine for 3 days after arriving back in NY, and then on the 4th day back, test again. If both tests are negative, you can go about your life.

IF you are able to quarantine and had planned to follow those rules before the testing announcement, you can still do that. It was mentioned yesterday that anyone who refuses a test will just have to do the 14 day quarantine like usual. Obviously the testing is the easier option to go back and live your life but know that the old way is still an option.

Unfortunately, we can't do the 14-day quarantine. We were hoping, since FL had dropped below 5% on the Johns Hopkins data, it was going to be removed from the list. Otherwise, we are going to have to cancel. I'm more than willing to get tested where ever and whenever, but I can't take time off after a school break. So if it's a 3-day quarantine, then test, then wait for test results, I'd have to fly home the day after I arrive.

Waiting to see if CT follows NY. We would get tested at Disney 3 dats before we leave and then at the airport in CT upon return since they have one there. We are planning on getting tested at the airport no matter what just so we know we are OK.

Waiting on NJ to respond. Hoping we follow suit and then can finally plan a trip to see my dad in FL and get back to WDW. Just cannot do that yet and quarantine and miss work and school.

I'm hoping WDW adds a test site on property. Doing so would entice some people to visit the park.
There is a testing site at the Disney Maingate Complex in Kissimmee (wherever that is) but I wonder if it is available only to FL residents. The website is worded as follows:
"Testing is free and available for all residents ages 2 and up."

Waiting to see if CT follows NY. We would get tested at Disney 3 dats before we leave and then at the airport in CT upon return since they have one there. We are planning on getting tested at the airport no matter what just so we know we are OK.

CT already allows a negative test in place of quarantine.

Can travelers be tested for COVID-19 instead of self-quarantine? Yes, an Affected Traveler is exempt from the self-quarantine requirement if the Affected Traveler (1) has had a test for COVID-19 in the seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival in Connecticut or at any time following arrival in Connecticut, (2) the result of such COVID-19 test is negative, and (3) he or she has provided written proof of such negative test result to the Commissioner of Public Health via email to: DPH.COVID-Travel@ct.gov or via facsimile to: (860) 326-0529. Nucleic acid tests such as reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) tests are the only acceptable testing option. If a test was obtained in the seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival in Connecticut, or following arrival in Connecticut, and such Affected Traveler has not yet received his or her test results, such traveler shall remain in self-quarantine in Connecticut until a negative test result is submitted to the Commissioner. If the test result is positive and the traveler is asymptomatic, he or she shall self-isolate for ten (10) days from the date of the test; if symptomatic, he or she should seek medical assistance. Travelers who test positive for COVID-19 prior to traveling to Connecticut should delay such travel and consult with a medical professional. All Affected Travelers are required to complete the Travel Health Form.

I'm hoping WDW adds a test site on property. Doing so would entice some people to visit the park.
There is a testing site at the Disney Maingate Complex in Kissimmee (wherever that is) but I wonder if it is available only to FL residents. The website is worded as follows:
"Testing is free and available for all residents ages 2 and up."

The Maingate location is open and free for anyone. We got tested there before driving back to MA.

Waiting on NJ to respond. Hoping we follow suit and then can finally plan a trip to see my dad in FL and get back to WDW. Just cannot do that yet and quarantine and miss work and school.

Isn't NJ just voluntary anyway? We flew back into EWR and didn't have to fill anything out or whatever.

Just so you know, it is probably not free to you. Most covid tests are free if you are symptomatic or have a doctor's referral, but not free for asymptomatic testing (especially if you are not a resident of the state where you are tested).
this is not correct. All PCR tests are free and paid by your insurance/State(if you don’t have insurance). This was part of the CARES Act. You might have to pay for Rapid Tests.
Its my understanding that state-run testing sites are free to all as part of the CARES Act. If its a non-state run site (i.e. Walgreens, urgent care, etc), then many insurance companies will only cover the cost if you are symptomatic and/or referred by your doctor.

I looked into this because we are not symptomatic and were hoping to do the test to end our quarantine early, but there were no state run testing sites near us so we would have had to pay upwards of $300 for it. But, it doesn't matter because its effective beginning Wednesday so we are not eligible.

As PP said, its both. You have to obtain a test within 3 days of leaving FL. Then quarantine in NY for 3 days when you get home. Then go get another test in NY on day 4. If both the test from FL and the test in NY are negative, you are done with quarantine.

Unfortunately, we can't do the 14-day quarantine. We were hoping, since FL had dropped below 5% on the Johns Hopkins data, it was going to be removed from the list. Otherwise, we are going to have to cancel. I'm more than willing to get tested where ever and whenever, but I can't take time off after a school break. So if it's a 3-day quarantine, then test, then wait for test results, I'd have to fly home the day after I arrive.
I'm waiting to see more details from NY, but in MA, the paperwork says the test has to be taken within 3 days of leaving the state you're in (FL, for example) but you're not required to have the results in hand when you board the plane. The paperwork you are required to fill out upon returning home has you check a box that you completed the test, but do not have the results. The health department then follows up with you to obtain the results. Presumably, NY will have a similar approach and will just need you to produce two negative test results (one from FL and one from NY) to support the end of your quarantine. With testing sites taking 3-5 days to provide results, they couldn't require you to take a test within 3 days of leaving and then expect you to change travel arrangements if you don't have the results yet. It would make this change impractical for people and would be difficult for people to do.

Its my understanding that state-run testing sites are free to all as part of the CARES Act. If its a non-state run site (i.e. Walgreens, urgent care, etc), then many insurance companies will only cover the cost if you are symptomatic and/or referred by your doctor.

I looked into this because we are not symptomatic and were hoping to do the test to end our quarantine early, but there were no state run testing sites near us so we would have had to pay upwards of $300 for it. But, it doesn't matter because its effective beginning Wednesday so we are not eligible.

As PP said, its both. You have to obtain a test within 3 days of leaving FL. Then quarantine in NY for 3 days when you get home. Then go get another test in NY on day 4. If both the test from FL and the test in NY are negative, you are done with quarantine.

I'm waiting to see more details from NY, but in MA, the paperwork says the test has to be taken within 3 days of leaving the state you're in (FL, for example) but you're not required to have the results in hand when you board the plane. The paperwork you are required to fill out upon returning home has you check a box that you completed the test, but do not have the results. The health department then follows up with you to obtain the results. Presumably, NY will have a similar approach and will just need you to produce two negative test results (one from FL and one from NY) to support the end of your quarantine. With testing sites taking 3-5 days to provide results, they couldn't require you to take a test within 3 days of leaving and then expect you to change travel arrangements if you don't have the results yet. It would make this change impractical for people and would be difficult for people to do.

They don't really. They tell you to keep a copy of the negative test on you at all times and they send an auto text every day for 14 days. That's it. There's no way to submit your results after you complete the form.

So there seems to be some gray area on this. I would contact your insurance to see if they cover tests no matter what. The idea of the CARES act was to pay for all tests no matter what.

Well - PA now requires a test within 72 hours of returning to the state - which is fine BUT I have questions....

If you need a PCR test for travel be sure to let them know when you check-in, they do a rapid test by default. A family in front of me ended up having to do it twice because they didn't realize they were given a rapid test first.

Is this still the case or are they doing ONLY rapid tests now? I would want to get the PCR version.

But it's free here.

Is it still free? I think yes - just want to confirm from anyone who has been recently

Thanks!

Well - PA now requires a test within 72 hours of returning to the state - which is fine BUT I have questions....

Is this still the case or are they doing ONLY rapid tests now? I would want to get the PCR version.

Is it still free? I think yes - just want to confirm from anyone who has been recently

Thanks!
They mainly do rapid tests, but they did ask me (last Wednesday) whether I needed a specific type of test for my travel purposes. Someone a few in front of me was given both a rapid test and a PCR.
Yes, it is still free.

Our school here is making everyone stay home and do remote school the two weeks following Christmas vacation. We have been going to school since it opened it September but teachers were worried about people going away for the holidays. Parents are upset. Thus far there has only been 1 case in the school.

I understand the wanting to have someone tested before entering the state but it is widely stated that the test is only good for the here in the now, meaning current time. So if you go within 72 hrs it doesn't mean that you wouldn't have covid when you arrive at your destination. I would think it would be more beneficial to be tested within 24 hours of arriving in the state you are going to.

Wonder how we can find out if there is a specific type of test required. PA is the same as NY so I don't want to get the wrong test

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter