Could the reopening be pushed back?

It remains to be seen how strictly Disney will enforce the mandatory mask policy
If it was me, I would prefer that anyone who violates the policy is asked to leave for the day, with no possibility of returning
Yes, it is harsh, but it is the only way to force compliance
Disney springs has been open for a while. I figure that gives a good idea of how to handle the policy and how often they need to kick people out.

A CM at Disney Springs was spit on by a guest and now they will be wearing face shields.
Hopefully that guest got arrested for assault. Dinsey cast membera dont need people acting in this manner toward them.

I am not usually a proponent of life time bans, but an action like that would deserve one as well.

I am one who resisted the masks. I do still think they are useless. But, we will comply to go have a good vacation. I would hope anyone going right now is doing so with the idea in mind there just is no getting around it. We'll be in full compliance with the rules while we are there.
Thank you for this. Whether or not anyone agrees with the underlying reason is immaterial to complying with a private business' restrictions. Its amazing how many people don't understand that, private property and businesses are allowed to create whatever rules regarding coverings they want, they must bear the cost of anyone who doesn't want to comply not patronizing them.

A lot of businesses around here signs say "No Shirt/No Shoes/No Mask/No Service".

But that's the problem. A large segment of the country sees the mask as a political statement and aren't wearing one. Even with what's going on in Florida right now, I'd probably still feel safe in a park if there was 100% compliance on CDC recommendations.

Not talking about suggestions or recommendations. Talking about business and government rules/requirements. Require the mask.

I just dont think delaying does anything unless you shut it down for the next 6-12 months.

It remains to be seen how strictly Disney will enforce the mandatory mask policy
If it was me, I would prefer that anyone who violates the policy is asked to leave for the day, with no possibility of returning
Yes, it is harsh, but it is the only way to force compliance

100% agree with this. If it’s the policy and you don’t want to wear it, don’t go.

I visited another establishment this past weekend where masks/temperature checks were required. Sanitized rides on a schedule, social distancing markings in lines. On paper it looked good.

Once in, about 30% of people no longer had their masks on. They were hanging around the neck, held in hand. Mixed with the lack of respect of social distancing, it starts getting annoying.

I had to ask several times for space when another family was on top of ours in front of staff. Felt like a jerk, and got some eye rolls.

The whole time I couldn’t help but think, I’m not sure I want to do this at Disney. Hoping to see some trip reports that says it’s being enforced.

Can’t wait for all the “cool” Karen from DisneyWorld videos to come out on July 11th...It’s been “fun” watching Karen from Trader Joe’s and the bagel shop 😡

I visited another establishment this past weekend where masks/temperature checks were required. Sanitized rides on a schedule, social distancing markings in lines. On paper it looked good.

Once in, about 30% of people no longer had their masks on. They were hanging around the neck, held in hand. Mixed with the lack of respect of social distancing, it starts getting annoying.

This is my single point of frustration with all of this and THE reason the U.S. is still struggling so much with the virus when other countries all have the same curve of a peak and then a constant and steady decline. It's really a sad state of our country when one can determine what side of the political fence someone is on by how they adhere to CDC recommendations.

It's not that complicated. Mask on. Stay distanced.

Anyway... I don't put much faith in the temp checks as people are reportedly popping Tylenol if they have a temperature anyway. Nor do I think the constant sanitizing of everything is doing much as it's now revealed that the virus isn't very transmissible off of surfaces. Good to do, I suppose, but the mask and distancing are really the only effective measures.

So please, everyone... PLEASE... just listen to doctors and scientists, not politicians. Let's get back to arguing whether or not a mickey pretzel is better than a churro.

Mickey pretzel. Any day of the week.

:)

also waiting to see what trip reports say. If 95%+ mask compliance/enforcement, we'll maybe keep Aug. trip. If they're taking them off, then that's a no go.

The number of times I've stayed up past 12 a.m. and gotten up at 5/6 a.m. to make reservations... (including today)
I really hope the dates don't get pushed back anymore. I think Disney will do a great job setting rules & regulations to prevent issues but I hope the visitors follow them as well. I stopped watching news long time back. I maintain social distance, wear my mask and enjoy WFH.
Also, Churro with Chocolate dip 😉

This is my single point of frustration with all of this and THE reason the U.S. is still struggling so much with the virus when other countries all have the same curve of a peak and then a constant and steady decline. It's really a sad state of our country when one can determine what side of the political fence someone is on by how they adhere to CDC recommendations.

It's not that complicated. Mask on. Stay distanced.

Anyway... I don't put much faith in the temp checks as people are reportedly popping Tylenol if they have a temperature anyway. Nor do I think the constant sanitizing of everything is doing much as it's now revealed that the virus isn't very transmissible off of surfaces. Good to do, I suppose, but the mask and distancing are really the only effective measures.

So please, everyone... PLEASE... just listen to doctors and scientists, not politicians. Let's get back to arguing whether or not a mickey pretzel is better than a churro.

Mickey pretzel. Any day of the week.

:)

We also got a taste of how effective the temp checks might [not] be. Walking from parking deck to where my kids were checked, my kid read high. We were allowed to wait a minute and retake but it was surprisingly easy to hit 99. The staff did see her jumping up and down in excitement so allowed us to wait a minute and retake but surprising still.

This was a 85 degree, high humidity day. The distance we walked was less than that of where a bus would drop off at MGK.

As for the pretzel or churro. If I pick mini donuts as my snack does that make me an independent?

If Florida and NY do not end their quarantine restrictions, that ends our planned August trip
This would be our third cancelled trip since the pandemic began

Really craving a dole whip now ....

If Florida and NY do not end their quarantine restrictions, that ends our planned August trip
This would be our third cancelled trip since the pandemic began

Really craving a dole whip now ....
Us too. I'm not so worried about FL's restriction on NY travelers, but NY's restriction is tied to FL's numbers improving. We have about 4 weeks to see if numbers start trending in the right direction. And even though we *could* get a Covid test within 72 hours of returning, to get around the quarantine, DH just got an email from work basically "strongly discouraging" (emphasis in original) any travel to those locations, notwithstanding ... If canceled, this would also be our 3rd.

Also: with you on the Dole Whip. My kids would pick the refillable popcorn buckets.

.It’s been “fun” watching Karen from Trader Joe’s and the bagel shop 😡

DS lives near that bagel shop-that coughing Karen works in healthcare. To me, it kinda makes what she did worse.

Sorry to be OT.

As for the pretzel or churro. If I pick mini donuts as my snack does that make me an independent?

I was going pretzel/churro as it's the debate we have when leaving Splash Mountain, which is usually our last ride of the night. We'd debate between the two carts you pass on your left through Frontierland. One has the churros, the other has the pretzels.

Of course, by the time we reach the gate whatever we chose was gone and we'd often grab a bucket of popcorn for the late night hotel room snack.

But yes, mini donuts would leave you in the independent (wasted vote) category :)

facebook twitter