Could disney ever connect all parks to skyliner? at what cost

mackmack

Predicted WDW AP's would be gone
Is it possible? I wonder how prohibitive cost wise that would be? Skyliner seems like a pretty efficient investment in regards to materials and labor vs something like a monorail.

Is it possible? I wonder how prohibitive cost wise that would be? Skyliner seems like a pretty efficient investment in regards to materials and labor vs something like a monorail.
No, there would be too many transfers and intermediate stops involved. Guests would not be happy.

Then there's the issue of weather. It's one thing to maintain backup transportation between 4 resorts and 2 parks. Maintaining capacity for the entire property via an alternate mode of transit would be impractical.

Getting to AK would be near impossible and very expensive. Better if they ran a monorail there or better yet a steam locomotive.

Sure they could. Would they? Probably not. Its easy to flex loads with a bus system. Not so easy with a fixed capacity skyliner-type system.

Every resort to every park? Not going to happen.

I can see Disney building a few extra skyliner lines. Go back to Skyliner threads. Many ideas were discussed.

Getting to AK would be near impossible and very expensive. Better if they ran a monorail there or better yet a steam locomotive.

Now how cool would it be to have a locomotive take you from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Animal Kingdom. I bet bookings would go through the roof!

I don't need all parks connected, but I do wish they could find a way to give each resort a connection (besides bus) to at least one park/DS. I feel like Port Orleans/Riverside already have that with the boat to Disney Springs.
So that leaves CSR as the only moderate completely dependent on buses to get anywhere. Then All-Stars.

I guess CSR's best option would be DHS - maybe skyliner one day? I've already decided AKL will get a train. :D

I would love to see Disney develop a system of light rail that connects all parks and resorts. This is different than the monorail but can move more people than the bus system if it's done right. I don't see the skyliner as a practical solution for transporting guests this way.

Is that due to the land that the system would have to be built on or something?

From just looking at a map, it seems like the next logical expansion (assuming there ever is one) would be to AK from HS, maybe by way of either Coronado Springs or Blizzard Beach?

I think they could easily expand through BB on to AK in one direction and TL and DS in the other. Why not? IT's only money.

I do not think that the existing Skyliner lines can carry the volume of people to extend the line from Hollywood Studios to AK. Just the guests in the resorts currently servied would find wait times between Caribbean Beach and DHS to become intolerable.

Disney needs to get serious about the transportation issues in Florida. The Skyliner and the monorail are a joke. They need to invest in a real rail system to transport guests between the parks/hotels. You would think they would oursource the transportation system to a company that could run the system at a profit.

i would expect AK to be the next to be added to the Skyway.
Add a link from the IG to AK.
Yes it will take forever to get to AK for PoP ,but people will do it.

I don't know if there is such a thing as a passenger transportation center that can be ruin at a profit while collecting fares of less than ten dollars per person.

Disney needs to get serious about the transportation issues in Florida. The Skyliner and the monorail are a joke. They need to invest in a real rail system to transport guests between the parks/hotels. You would think they would oursource the transportation system to a company that could run the system at a profit.
How is an outside company going to run a system with no income at a profit? The Skyliner and Monorail are phenomenal systems for what they are, or were in the case of the monorail. A secondary transportation system. How many billions would it cost to have a "real" rail system installed throughout WDW property? And what is the backup for the inevitable downtime?

I love the skyliner, but expanding the system would have to be done very carefully. We can see the limitations of the hub at CBR, and have there been any capacity issues with Riviera? That wasn't open when I was there and on the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter