Costco lifetime return policy

It's really not a big deal *sheesh*. She bought the pans and she gave one away before she knew about Costco's return policy. A lot of people learn new things on the DIS and I know that *I* didn't know about Costco's great return policy. I'm sure she would have held onto it if she had known that she could make the return so much later and that she needed all the pieces.
While CostCo's policy could make it easier for a customer to return an item... had the OP returned the defective pieces (and only the defective pieces) directly to the manufacturer providing the lifetime warranty, aka the entity responsible for the guarantee, there would have been no need for this thread, or opinions on the procedure.

Some people don't know you are not supposed to use nonstick spray (like Pam) in a non-stick pan.
Respectfully, that warning is readily available in conjunction with any new nonstick purchase - either stuck to the individually-purchased pot/pan, or in/on the box of a set.

so the moral of the story is...

If you don't have everything in your set.. take it from someone else's, claim it as your own and get a new set. (don't bother justifying you are giving it back yada yada)...

Some people will find fault about anything :rolleyes:
She bought the original pan in the set. She bought the pan she is going to replace it with for return purposes. No big deal here.

She bought the original pan in the set. She bought the pan she is going to replace it with for return purposes. No big deal here.

Totally agree 100%

And let's not forget that the OP isn't the one who made or sold a defective set of cookware. She paid for a product that did not perform as advertised so she returned it - there's nothing wrong with what she did.

To the OP - glad to hear it worked out for you. Good luck with the next set :)

It's really not a big deal *sheesh*. She bought the pans and she gave one away before she knew about Costco's return policy. A lot of people learn new things on the DIS and I know that *I* didn't know about Costco's great return policy. I'm sure she would have held onto it if she had known that she could make the return so much later and that she needed all the pieces. She also bought her mom a set of pans from COSTCO and the SAME pan was damaged. Who cares if she gets her mom's bad pan replaced at the same time as her pans that are damaged?

Some people don't know you are not supposed to use nonstick spray (like Pam) in a non-stick pan. You could have taken the opportunity to educate DISers ... why be snarky about it?
I'm sorry.. any member of Costco knows their refund policies. That is a selling point as others have pointed on purchasing at Costco.

They have it listed in giant signs as you walk out and behind the customer service counter. I also believe it on the receipts (or they were).

As for being snarky, folks should spend a few moments reading the booklets and warning for any product. I asked a question, if she would have responded yes, i'd have given the correct answer as to why she shouldn't.

While CostCo's policy could make it easier for a customer to return an item... had the OP returned the defective pieces (and only the defective pieces) directly to the manufacturer providing the lifetime warranty, aka the entity responsible for the guarantee, there would have been no need for this thread, or opinions on the procedure.

Respectfully, that warning is readily available in conjunction with any new nonstick purchase - either stuck to the individually-purchased pot/pan, or in/on the box of a set.

Exactly... Costco offers the refund if you have the same items you purchased. not one less, not one more. The same thing you bought, if you return the same thing, you get refunded. Short of having the same thing, you go to the company that offers the lifetime guarantee... i've got things from Costco that are years old, mainly my Aerobed. If I never keep a receipt in my life, I will always keep a Costco receipt (even though they can find my basic purchase records). I need to return that Aerobed, but the only ones they have now, are no where as nice as what i've got now.

some people will justify anything as acceptable. ;)

Darn, I just threw something away I needed.. how can I get that item back so I can return it. Who cares if its not right, I want my money back!

Totally agree 100%

And let's not forget that the OP isn't the one who made or sold a defective set of cookware. She paid for a product that did not perform as advertised so she returned it - there's nothing wrong with what she did.

To the OP - glad to hear it worked out for you. Good luck with the next set :)

she took a pan from someone else from a different set (13pc vs 11pc).
many times when the sets are different (same company) the sizes are off slightly.

No one is saying the OP made or sold a set of cookware. Circulon did, and Circulon bears the warranty brunt. Costco will gladly refund the purchase if you give them the SAME thing as you BOUGHT from them.

she's not is she? It may be "easier" to do it her way, but not right.

some people will justify anything as acceptable. ;)

Darn, I just threw something away I needed.. how can I get that item back so I can return it. Who cares if its not right, I want my money back!

Anything? Please :rotfl:
It is hardly like she assembled a set from curbside finds to return.

There are plenty of actual issues that I can come up with if you want to be morally outraged today, just let me know, I am a giver like that.

Because of this thread, in a roundabout sort of way, I called Costco today about an elliptical trainer we bought a little over a year ago and they said they would take it back and give us 100% of our money back!! And I was upfront about the fact that nothing is wrong with it, we just don't like it and never use it!!! :cool1:

That's nearly 800$ in cash and the Costco admin I spoke to didn't bat an eye. I was like... but I don't have the receipt, or the box... :rotfl: and she still said they'd take it back.

So YAY for more money for Disney trips! :goodvibes

I'm so glad someone posted about this policy! We have an exercise contraption that my husband had to have that's been sitting in the basement because it won't work! Stopped working about a year after we got it, had the tech out to fix it, worked for a day or two & stopped again. Just wasn't worth the hassle. I can't wait to see if I get any money back!!!

Anything? Please :rotfl:
It is hardly like she assembled a set from curbside finds to return.

There are plenty of actual issues that I can come up with if you want to be morally outraged today, just let me know, I am a giver like that.

so could I.... but this post is about her...

but hey.. justify it how you want.. she hobbled it from 2 sets...

Personally, as a Costco member, I would rather the OP "borrow" her mother's flaking pan and return it with her 13 piece set. In the long run, it will cost Costco more (and ultimately the members) if both the 13 piece set and 11 piece set are returned. Logically, it SAVES Costco money. And regardless if the OP returns to the Costco or the manufacturer, that is her choice. One of the perks of Costco membership is their return policy and Costco has made the business decision that they have a lifetime return policy. So, she is totally within her right to return the pan set.

I understand the flip side of the argument, but in this case, not only does it seem to be "victimless", but I'd take it further and say that it saves Costco money.

Good luck,
Jennifer

but this is a nice reminder for people like me who were gifted a used non stick pan and had NO clue about this. Does this apply to non stick cookie sheets too?

a little off topic-I bought a ww scale at costco in march and it no longer reads right, even after i have changed batteries etc....do i have to have the box? (i don't) or the reciept? do they have reciept look up there? thanks.

Personally, as a Costco member, I would rather the OP "borrow" her mother's flaking pan and return it with her 13 piece set. In the long run, it will cost Costco more (and ultimately the members) if both the 13 piece set and 11 piece set are returned. Logically, it SAVES Costco money. And regardless if the OP returns to the Costco or the manufacturer, that is her choice. One of the perks of Costco membership is their return policy and Costco has made the business decision that they have a lifetime return policy. So, she is totally within her right to return the pan set.

I understand the flip side of the argument, but in this case, not only does it seem to be "victimless", but I'd take it further and say that it saves Costco money.

Good luck,
Jennifer
she would never be able to return both sets, so your argument is flawed. They get the credit back from the manufacturer. She will still be one item short, so there is no savings there.

She has the right to return "her" pan set. Have we forgotten that "her" pan set will never be complete and that she had to borrow "someone else's" pan to complete "her" pan set.

but hey.. whatever gets her to sleep. Please don't show your kids what you did. we don't need more folks thinking this behavior is fine.

but hey.. whatever gets her to sleep. Please don't show your kids what you did. we don't need more folks thinking this behavior is fine.

OMG :rotfl2:
WON'T ANYONE THINK OF THE INNOCENT CHILDREN?????!!!!!! BROUGHT UP IN THIS CESSPOOL OF DEBAUCHERY????? CALL CPS!!!!

So I bought a set of Circulon cookware (13 pc) a couple of years ago. The teflon is starting to wear off on my most frequently used pans, so I was online at Costco looking to see what they have currently to replace them. I noticed when I was reading the description that these pans are guaranteed for life not to lose their non-stick surface to chipping, peeling, flaking etc, or they'll replace it. I was planning to BUY a set but if they're warrantied for life, I thought I'd check it out!

Intrigued, I called my Costco and explained the above to the manager. I told him I bought these pans over 2 years ago and had no receipt, but he told me they had records - just bring the set in and they'd take care of it.

As it turns out, I had gotten disgusted with a pan a few months ago and donated it to Goodwill ( I thought it was an open stock piece, but it turned out to be part of this set). When I went to return my 12 pieces, the computer showed it was a 13 pc set and they refused to do anything in terms of returns, exchanges, or even a partial refund of 12/13 of the price.

Is there anything else I can do? Is this Costco policy that you MUST have every single part of a set, even if it's defective? On a side note, I also bought an 11 pc set at the same time for my mom. I could easily hold back the smallest skillet out of my 12 pieces and walk in with 11 pieces claiming it's the 11 pc set (the pc doesn't tell what sizes were in the set, they told me this). But I'm not going to because that would be lying, and I shouldn't have to lie to get the defective pieces replaced.

Anyone have experience in this area, either as a Costco customer or employee? Thanks!
I know this solution is several years late, but I had the same problem with my Kirkland Signature Cookware - it is no longer non stick. I contacted my local warehouse to ask about the warranty. I was told that the warranty is only for a couple of years, which wouldn't help me because my set is about 10 years old. I then went on the Costco site and found they offer Chat. I was told by the Costco Rep the warranty is lifetime. The rep not only replaced the 2 skillets I needed, but included a 3rd skillet because the sizes have changed over the years. If you still have your cookware you may want to try calling their 800# or try the chat. Thanks.

I returned an attic fan after 3 years. I never even opened the box. It just sat for 3 years, lol. They looked at me funny but got a full refund. I felt sort of BAD, so I asked for it in a store credit, not that I had to. Used it up that same day.

I love Costco but when I see someone returning dead plants ... I just SMH really dead plants? I can understand pots, pans or even cameras but plants?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter