• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Costco lifetime return policy

Quick funny story about returning something at Costco. My daughter received (from us) one of those giant teddy bears for Christmas. After a couple years, the bear lost its form and sagged. Not through overuse or misuse. It just sorta became saggy and limp, collapsing on its own weight making it useless as a decoration. In the car and back to costco it went.

I was extremely embarrassed to return it but figured I had a legitimate reason for doing so. I deliberately returned it when the store wasn't busy. Of course, the return line was long nonetheless, and I was red faced with embarrassment the entire time.

I know this is a zombie thread... but I was at Costco not long ago returning a shirt (wrong size, tags still on), but the woman in front of me was returning a huge box of lettuce and tomatoes that were nearly liquified. They were way beyond maybe a bad bunch or something that had gone bad the next day. She got her money back and went on her merry way. Not quite sure how someone is able to do that..

I had a Cuisinart Kcup coffee maker for several years. I'm pretty good keeping receipts. I couldn't find it. I needed it to send it in for repair. I had heard that Costco kept purchase transaction. I called explaining I needed a receipt to send it in for repair. He said don't bother sending in just bring it in. I did and got a refund. That floored me. I didn't expect that.

I spend a ton of money at Costco because of their great return policy. I try not to abuse it but know it is there should I need it. We go so much we have a favorite cashiers and will wait in their line even when there are empty lines.

I know this is a tangent but I ditched nonstick cookware years ago and haven't looked back.

My go to is a well-seasoned cast iron pan, which, when cared for properly, develops a pretty great non-stick surface. For other needs, I just use stainless steel. Sure, it's a bit harder to clean, but I just got tired of the limited versatility of non-stick (low temps, fragile and toxic coatings, etc.)

Is this lifetime return policy still pretty universal for most of you, excepting large electronics of course? A couple of years ago there was someone in front of me trying to return something unused from about three years ago. He was denied and pretty upset about it. So I asked when the return policy had changed once it was my turn. They said about two years ago. I intermittently ask when I am returning stuff and I always get the 2 year line (well, one time someone replied a "reasonable amount of time") at my local store. Ive chatted on Costco.com and asked at other stores and am told there is no time limit. Just curious if others are seeing this 2 year limitation at their stores.

I wonder if Sam's Club has a similar policy. I have a Wolfgang Puck set that I purchased several years ago and the non stick is starting to wear off on my frying pans also. If I remember correctly, they had a lifetime warranty also. Just never really thought about them really being able to be replaced and figured I'd have to buy new frying pans. The rest of the pans are in perfect shape and I love them.
Yes, they do. I've returned a dyson vac that was purchased in Nov 2017, no problem a complete refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter