Costco Cash Card replaced with Costco Shop Card.

My check comes in March. I think it’s based on when you first created your Costco membership. My Costco has never allowed cashing of either the checks, or the cash cards

Interesting. I thought everyone got their 2% check in January as it was proceeds from what you spent that calendar year. This is for the Executive Membership, right?

Yeah, it's the Executive Membership. It's based on your membership renewal date. Everyone gets their rebate at their anniversary.

Yeah, it's the Executive Membership. It's based on your membership renewal date. Everyone gets their rebate at their anniversary.
If I get a store voucher instead of a check for my 2% exec membership cash back, I'm going to give Costco customer service a very hard time if they won't cash it out. When I paid for the upgrade to executive membership, I was told this would be a cash back award, and the first one I received was. They should either be clear about a policy change before taking renewal money, or honor the original agreement.

I thought those 'cheques' were only usable at the store. I've always just applied mine to my bill, but never tried to deposit it to the bank. Interesting.

I actually never knew that you could cash out the Costco cash card. I always assumed that it was a gift card.

I thought those 'cheques' were only usable at the store. I've always just applied mine to my bill, but never tried to deposit it to the bank. Interesting.
I deposited mine right into my bank, yes. It was a check. The phrasing they used for the executive 2% was always "cash back", so that means cash for you to spend wherever you wish, not just at Costco.

I'm not sure of the timing. I had a regular membership that renews each November. In April I upgraded to Executive membership when I purchased a bigger ticket item. In September I received an 'Executive Member Reward Coupon.'

Has anyone gone back from an Executive Membership to a regular membership? I want to do this when my membership comes due next month and made it very clear when I signed up for Executive Membership that it was only for the duration of this year.

How do I ensure they only renew me for a regular membership? I tried looking online but couldn't find out the exact information I was looking for. Think I'll stop off at Customer Service next time I'm in.

On a side note, do any Canadians know how the credit linked to our MC works? I have a message showing I've earned $x.xx amount of money. Will this be sent to me via some sort of voucher?

How much does Costco give back on cruises? Is it a percentage or set number?

The amount back was 8% not counting fees and taxes, if I remember right. If you are an Executive Member, you got an additional 2% back when your membership renews.

Psy

I'm not sure of the timing. I had a regular membership that renews each November. In April I upgraded to Executive membership when I purchased a bigger ticket item. In September I received an 'Executive Member Reward Coupon.'

Has anyone gone back from an Executive Membership to a regular membership? I want to do this when my membership comes due next month and made it very clear when I signed up for Executive Membership that it was only for the duration of this year.

How do I ensure they only renew me for a regular membership? I tried looking online but couldn't find out the exact information I was looking for. Think I'll stop off at Customer Service next time I'm in.

On a side note, do any Canadians know how the credit linked to our MC works? I have a message showing I've earned $x.xx amount of money. Will this be sent to me via some sort of voucher?

The cash back for the credit card comes as a statement credit once a year. That is why I didn't sign up for the Costco credit card. It was in the fine print.

I would just make sure your auto renew is turned off (either online or stoping at Customer Service when you are there). Then you can just renew it manually, making sure you are charged correctly. If for some reason you are charged for the wrong membership they will issue a refund.

True, but you can use ANY Mastercard in Canada at Costco. So if you have, for example, a West Jet Mastercard, you can use that. You don't have to use only the Capital One card.

Yes that's true! And I do use my Westjet MC - although I'm considering giving that up too because I have literally NEVER found a Westjet fare where I need to go that is cheaper than Air Canada, maybe due to being in Vancouver..... even with the $99 companion voucher :( My Visa still gives the best rewards.

The cash back for the credit card comes as a statement credit once a year. That is why I didn't sign up for the Costco credit card. It was in the fine print.

I don't think that is accurate for Canada, DLgal. ScrappinginOntario, I believe that the reward coupon from the Costco Mastercard (through Capital One) comes in the physical form of a cashback coupon which can be spent at Costco. See here for FAQs. By the way just in case this applies to you, I think you have to be an Executive Member at the time you take the cruise in order to get that extra 2% back.... It doesn't accrue until after the travel is completed.

This is just a guess for me, because we shop so much at Costco that it makes no difference, we just spend the gift cards there anyway, but I'm wondering if this is merely a name change and not so much a practical change ... if the law in your state is that it must be exchanged for cash then I think Costco would still have to cash it out for you.

Wait what states require business to cash out gift cards? Thinking if I travel there I might just start buying a ton of discount gift cards online and cashing them out for full value.

Wait what states require business to cash out gift cards? Thinking if I travel there I might just start buying a ton of discount gift cards online and cashing them out for full value.

California but only if its $10 or less. I don't think any state requires businesses to cash out full value on gift cards, not even if you purchased it from them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter