Coronavirus discounts on the horizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as an aside...Southwest has hiked up their prices since Monday approximately $20 per seat. I am trying to figure out if I should buy now or wait. :fish:

I just finally booked my return flight for April yesterday morning, when it finally dropped below $300 (INSANE prices for a non Spring break week this year for April, Aack!) to $254 for MCO to BDL, but then this morning it dropped to $89. I was very unhappy until I learned I had 24 hours within booking a flight to cancel it and get a full refund. I did so with 29 minutes to spare, and rebooked at $89, woo hoo!

I was hoping that airfare would go down but it has gone up $10 a day since Tuesday...I was shocked when I went to book tickets today that it was $200 one way.
Weird, out tickets for our May trip dropped $85 overnight.

I'm seeing ads for Walt Disney World everywhere. 25% off select rooms this spring and summer. The ad is following me non-stop across every site.
That's because I've been on the Disney forums. :)

As an additional note, I called WDW about making a change to a reservation this week. At the end of the call, the CM encouraged me to keep my eyes out for more discounts between now and my trip. That's always good advice, and he didn't offer specifics (and I wouldn't expect him to know), but apparently they've seen a sharp uptick in cancellations and rescheduling. All speculation, but checking for more discounts is always good advice, especially now.

I'm really hoping that room rates go down for the last week of April. I'm still seeing lots of availability, and it looks like more people are freaking out and canceling trips. We got an okay AP discount for POFQ, but I'd love to switch over to a deluxe if I can find a decent rate.

I've been trying to get POP for weeks for my trip in May and it just opened up. Curious to see if that keeps happening.

I have been watching rooms like a hawk- we are booked first week in June at the Poly but I am on the watch for a club level room at a good rate or a 2 BR on the monorail. :) I am seeing more things open up for sure- when I booked i was one of the last ones to get the discount rate but now they are popping up again.

It will be interesting to see what the resorts do going forward. The cruise line just discounted almost every cruise between now and the end of June, I assume because of so many cancellations.

I just got an email to upgrade my resort for my trip at the end of April. It has a code but doesn't say what the deal is. I guess I have to call to find out.

I’m going March 21st, I keep crossing my fingers for an upgrade offer. I wouldn’t mind paying a bit more to upgrade if I got a good deal due to cancellations

Does Disney price match themselves? As in if you booked a room and see the price has dropped, will they match it considering room only can cancel like 5 days before arrival.

Does Disney price match themselves? As in if you booked a room and see the price has dropped, will they match it considering room only can cancel like 5 days before arrival.
I’ve called them up and they changed my price. I think you can also change it online too. I changed my reservation to free dining online earlier this year.

I’m booked for July and we don’t plan to cancel

Keep in mind you won’t be able to go to the Stormalong Bay pool if you are not staying at the BC. They check Magic bands.

Ah, did not know that. So people staying there can't have a day guest in the pool area? But Yacht and Beach Club both share it?

Ah, did not know that. So people staying there can't have a day guest in the pool area? But Yacht and Beach Club both share it?

Yes, the two resorts to share Stormalong Bay and no people staying at the resort are not permitted day guests.

We check in on 4/20 for 7 nights (at HR before that)
Not one single additional stay has opened up for those dates
Same as it’s been since I booked
So folks going that week aren’t canceling

Actually, they have, those are my dates as well, that's how I ended up at POFQ instead of AoA, I switched when a room suddenly opened up with an AP discount two weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter