Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! We are thinking about staying at CSR next October... We have only stayed at POP, we want something different. Anyway, we have 3 kids who will be 7,3,15 months. I really love the feel of the resort, but will the kids? Just trying too figure out which moderate to stay at with the kids! Thanks!

We stayed at CSR last year for an anniversary trip, adults-only. We're going back to CSR this year with our three year-old son for his first trip. I think he's going to absolutely love the playground and kiddie water area at the Dig Site. I actually think CSR has one of the coolest playgrounds I've ever seen.

We just returned from Coronado today, we were there from last Thursday, the 7th until this morning. I LOVED the resort, I haven't stayed in a moderate in probably 15 years. Thought it was beautiful, the beds were HEAVENLY, beautiful decor, etc. HOWEVER, I hated our room location. We were in Casitas 4, in room 4451 I believe (fourth floor). There is alot of renovations going on, looked like lots of painting, they have cranes right outside the rooms, LOUD. They started around 8 in the mornings, and it was incredibly loud, not to mention the people outside painting, also very loud, laughing, etc. They would block the walkways and elevators, just not welcoming at all.

I did request the Cabanas section, first floor after reading about it on here, and did online check in, but when we arrived we were given Casitas 4 and as we were in a hurry to go have fun, I didnt bother asking to be moved. Having been our first time there, I decided to just go with the flow and figured it would be fine. We realized the next morning what a pain it was. I realize I could have asked to be moved, but we only had 2 more nights and it was more trouble than it was worth. Had we been staying our typical week or more I definitely would have asked. My parents were also with us, camping at Fort Wilderness so we spent alot of time there anyway.

I must say that the Dig Site pool area is beautiful, we spent a few wonderful hours there Friday morning, though it was a looong walk from our room. We walked through the Cabanas area and we would most definitely try alot harder to get room there should we ever stay there again.

I just wanted to post our review for anyone who might be going in the next week or so who might want to make sure they request an area other than this. We commented that families who take breaks for naps in the middle of the day with children would NOT be happy with all that noise, because it really is LOUD and annoying, all day long. Other than that, I loved Coronado and its on our list to hopefully return one day!

My family spent 3 magical nights at Coronado Springs (Sept 30 - Oct 3) and we can't wait to go back again. We stayed in the Ranchos section, building 7B. The landscape throughout the resort is absolutely beautiful. The staff was very friendly and cheerful, the best we've seen so far. We truly felt at home here.

I miss it so much. :sad1:

I'll be following this thread very closely for now on. Coronado Springs has become paradise for my family, and just reading about it puts a little magic in my day.

Cheers! :thumbsup2

My family spent 3 magical nights at Coronado Springs (Sept 30 - Oct 3) and we can't wait to go back again. We stayed in the Ranchos section, building 7B. The landscape throughout the resort is absolutely beautiful. The staff was very friendly and cheerful, the best we've seen so far. We truly felt at home here.

I'll be following this thread very closely for now on. Coronado Springs has become paradise for my family, and just reading about it puts a little magic in my day.

:yay: Single digit dance here for me!!! :yay:

9 days!!!!

We just returned from Coronado today, we were there from last Thursday, the 7th until this morning. I LOVED the resort, I haven't stayed in a moderate in probably 15 years. Thought it was beautiful, the beds were HEAVENLY, beautiful decor, etc. HOWEVER, I hated our room location. We were in Casitas 4, in room 4451 I believe (fourth floor). There is alot of renovations going on, looked like lots of painting, they have cranes right outside the rooms, LOUD. They started around 8 in the mornings, and it was incredibly loud, not to mention the people outside painting, also very loud, laughing, etc. They would block the walkways and elevators, just not welcoming at all.

I did request the Cabanas section, first floor after reading about it on here, and did online check in, but when we arrived we were given Casitas 4 and as we were in a hurry to go have fun, I didnt bother asking to be moved. Having been our first time there, I decided to just go with the flow and figured it would be fine. We realized the next morning what a pain it was. I realize I could have asked to be moved, but we only had 2 more nights and it was more trouble than it was worth. Had we been staying our typical week or more I definitely would have asked. My parents were also with us, camping at Fort Wilderness so we spent alot of time there anyway.

I must say that the Dig Site pool area is beautiful, we spent a few wonderful hours there Friday morning, though it was a looong walk from our room. We walked through the Cabanas area and we would most definitely try alot harder to get room there should we ever stay there again.

I just wanted to post our review for anyone who might be going in the next week or so who might want to make sure they request an area other than this. We commented that families who take breaks for naps in the middle of the day with children would NOT be happy with all that noise, because it really is LOUD and annoying, all day long. Other than that, I loved Coronado and its on our list to hopefully return one day!

I am sorry to hear about the noise! We are leaving this Sunday and I would love Cabanas but am requesting Casitas 4 or 5 to be near the 1st bus stop in order to make it easier for my Dad and his ECV. Any idea how long the painting/construction was going to be going on?

DH is going to be one of those business people on conference at CSR shortly. (Don't flame me....I'm just the average tourist on this trip :rotfl2:).... He's requested a room with a KingBed.

I was wondering. Is there a section where all conference accommodation is allocated to; or do conference people get allocated rooms all over the resort?

Wow, we just returned today from CS and were in Casitas 5 for three nights and did not hear a peep of construction noise. My husband and I even kept commenting about how quiet the resort was, especially compared to our last trip, when we stayed at the Contemporary. As far as construction goes, we noticed the cranes (which definitely took away from the Disney feel), but luckily we only saw them as we drove by. To anyone reading, my suggestion is request Casitas Building 5...LOVED IT~~!:lovestruc

Great thread!!!!!!!!!! We are staying here in December for the first time - trying out a new hotel & table services for this trip. My question is when I booked our package for myself and DD 22 all I could get is a king-size bed - my question is do you think I will be able to get two doubles when we check in? I have my travel agent checking as well.

PS - I plan on borrowing your hammock if that is okay???:cloud9:

I am sorry to hear about the noise! We are leaving this Sunday and I would love Cabanas but am requesting Casitas 4 or 5 to be near the 1st bus stop in order to make it easier for my Dad and his ECV. Any idea how long the painting/construction was going to be going on?

Wow, we just returned today from CS and were in Casitas 5 for three nights and did not hear a peep of construction noise. My husband and I even kept commenting about how quiet the resort was, especially compared to our last trip, when we stayed at the Contemporary. As far as construction goes, we noticed the cranes (which definitely took away from the Disney feel), but luckily we only saw them as we drove by. To anyone reading, my suggestion is request Casitas Building 5...LOVED IT~~!:lovestruc

I am not sure how long it will last, but it looked like they still had quite a bit of painting left to do. Hopefully it will be over before you get there!

It did seem to just be in the courtyard area right in front of building 4, we walked around quite a bit on Friday and didn't see it much anywhere else. We joked that we have that kind of luck, that we got the one building with all the noise!

Despite the noise and aggravation I am totally missing Disney and Coronado today!

I'm so sorry that you got stuck in the builidng undergoing the painting, noise, etc. But it's good to know that you enjoyed your stay enough to want to go back again some day.

Thank you so much for reporting back. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the CSR. It's funny...we asked for the Ranchos but heard they were painting there and asked that we be put somewhere else. I wish now we had stayed in the Ranchos.

:yay: Single digit dance here for me!!! :yay:

9 days!!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for single digits.

DH is going to be one of those business people on conference at CSR shortly. (Don't flame me....I'm just the average tourist on this trip :rotfl2:).... He's requested a room with a KingBed.

I was wondering. Is there a section where all conference accommodation is allocated to; or do conference people get allocated rooms all over the resort?

It really depends on how big the conference is, whether or not they paid for "club service", etc. Every time we have stayed (9 times now), there has always been a convention and they have been in all parts of the resort.

Ahhhhh....you got our FAVORITE building. I'm so glad that you and your DH enjoyed the resort.

Great thread!!!!!!!!!! We are staying here in December for the first time - trying out a new hotel & table services for this trip. My question is when I booked our package for myself and DD 22 all I could get is a king-size bed - my question is do you think I will be able to get two doubles when we check in? I have my travel agent checking as well.

PS - I plan on borrowing your hammock if that is okay???:cloud9:

Actually, it would be two queens -- not two doubles. And there is certainly no harm in trying (someone could cancel prior to your arrival opening up a standard two queen bed room). And anyone is welcome to my hammock...as long as it is NOT while I am there and in it. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am not sure how long it will last, but it looked like they still had quite a bit of painting left to do. Hopefully it will be over before you get there!

It did seem to just be in the courtyard area right in front of building 4, we walked around quite a bit on Friday and didn't see it much anywhere else. We joked that we have that kind of luck, that we got the one building with all the noise!

Despite the noise and aggravation I am totally missing Disney and Coronado today!

Your luck sounds like my luck! I remember one year we got stuck in a room at the Contemporary that was having work done all around it and it was annoying. Not enough to ruin our vacation, but enough that it was annoying.

And I know what you mean. We've been home 12 days and I am so missing Disney, the CSR and Marco Island.

Ahhhhh....you got our FAVORITE building.

Yesss! The view was AMAZING and it was so quiet and peacful! We were even lucky enough to get a corner room with an extra window with a view of the courtyard and also the lake (My trip report will be coming soon). Ahhh, it was heavenly. If I could guarantee that view/building every stay, I would never try another resort again! Casitas 5360 is where it's at! :lovestruc

Yesss! The view was AMAZING and it was so quiet and peacful! We were even lucky enough to get a corner room with an extra window with a view of the courtyard and also the lake (My trip report will be coming soon). Ahhh, it was heavenly. If I could guarantee that view/building every stay, I would never try another resort again! Casitas 5360 is where it's at! :lovestruc

Awesome! Please put a link for your TR here (or send it to me by PM or post it on my TR...linked in my signature).

I haven't posted on either CSR threads but have totally lurking. This is our first stay here. Lately we've been staying at the Pop, because we actually like all the hustle and bustle, food and bus. We tried POFQ, but didn't like the food or the quietness of it. We are a window decorating, matching family t-shirts, say hi to cm's by name ... type of people. We've brought Xmas tree to pop, and plan on doing it again at CSR. We plan in doing lights too.

So my question is this, we'll be there dec 18th through dec 26th (around the same time as others of you, yeah!). But anyway will people totally hate my "tacky" christmas window? I hope not... Will there be others decorating too? We actually didn't go to contemporary this time because then we really know they won't like our style :) and I really can't help myself at Xmas. Thanks for your input.

- Virginia

I am so excited to have read through this thread. We just got back a little over 2 weeks ago from the World (Stayed @ CBR from 9/17-9/25). We've already decided to go back again next September, but wanted to try somewhere new. We've taken our DDs (8 & 5) twice now... stayed @ POR in Sept. 2008 and CBR this year. We've decided on CSR for our 2011 trip and we absolutley CANNOT wait!! I'll admit, I had some reservations at first... was worried that the theming wasn't geared towards kids, but after looking at a lot of pictures of the grounds, the rooms, the pool area, and so on, we decided we wanted to try it. DH didn't sleep all that well at CBR this year (not used to the 2 of us sleeping in a full sized bed... I'm 5'11", and DH is 6'1") so it's definitely a smaller situation!), so the Queen beds @ CSR are extremely enticing! The Dig Site looks like such a fun place... we didn't really go much to the main pool @ CBR while we were there (very crowded), but my girls actually enjoyed the quiet pool a lot there! Gave me a chance to do some laundry while they got to swim.

Our biggest dilema now is just trying to figure out if there is a specific area/building we should request. I figure if we can put in a request for a few different buildings, that maybe we'd be lucky and get 1 of them. In the end, I don't think it matters much... I'd love to get a building that is equidistant from a bus stop and a quiet pool if possible. I'm not worried about being close to El Centro or the Dig Site... we don't eat much @ the resort itself, and I don't mind a walk to the main pool since the girls are old enough to do it without too much complaint. :)

I can't believe I have to wait 11 months before we go back!!!!! But, I'll admit that I enjoy the planning as much as anything. :yay:

I am super excited to read all of the reviews about CSR and to learn as much as I can about the resort. Thanks to all of your input on this beautiful resort.

I haven't posted on either CSR threads but have totally lurking. This is our first stay here. Lately we've been staying at the Pop, because we actually like all the hustle and bustle, food and bus. We tried POFQ, but didn't like the food or the quietness of it. We are a window decorating, matching family t-shirts, say hi to cm's by name ... type of people. We've brought Xmas tree to pop, and plan on doing it again at CSR. We plan in doing lights too.

So my question is this, we'll be there dec 18th through dec 26th (around the same time as others of you, yeah!). But anyway will people totally hate my "tacky" christmas window? I hope not... Will there be others decorating too? We actually didn't go to contemporary this time because then we really know they won't like our style :) and I really can't help myself at Xmas. Thanks for your input.

- Virginia

I've seen plenty of decorated windows at CSR! We saw ones decorated for Halloween on our last 2 stays there, with lights and window clings and stuff - you won't be the only one, I'm sure! Enjoy your trip!

DD and I are taking short trip for Halloween 10/28-11/1. Using DVC points to stay at CSR. We have not stayed in a non-DVC resort for over 10 years so I'm not sure what to expect. Do the rooms have microwaves or small refridgerators? We are both excited to stay at CSR for a new pool experience and we love the Pepper Market. Also not sure if we should request one area over another.

DD and I are taking short trip for Halloween 10/28-11/1. Using DVC points to stay at CSR. We have not stayed in a non-DVC resort for over 10 years so I'm not sure what to expect. Do the rooms have microwaves or small refridgerators? We are both excited to stay at CSR for a new pool experience and we love the Pepper Market. Also not sure if we should request one area over another.

There is a refrigerator in all of the moderates. You can request a microwave when you check in (but it is first come, first served).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter