Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they didn't give us a set starting date, only an end date. It seems from what others have posted though that it is beginning in mid-October like you said.

Actually, on Disney's TA site there is a list of the resorts in the test with their test dates. CSR is October 14 - 31.

This is straight off the TA site and was very recently updated.

MyMagic+ Guest Test Opportunities

Eligible Guests:

Check-ins Now-October 31st:

•Disney's Contemporary Resort
•Disney's Pop Century Resort
•Disney's Yacht Club Resort
•Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Jambo House Villas
•Disney's Art of Animation Resort
•Disney's Beach Club Resort & Villas
•Disney's Polynesian Resort
•Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Check-ins Sept. 30-Oct. 31:

•Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village
•Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
•Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
•Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
•Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter

Check-ins Oct. 7-31:

•Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
•Disney's BoardWalk Inn
•Disney's BoardWalk Villas
•Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Check-ins Oct.14-31:

•Disney's All-Star Music Resort
•Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
•Disney's Old Key West Resort
•Disney's Wilderness Lodge
•Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Hope this helps answer the Magic Band question for some of you!

Actually, on Disney's TA site there is a list of the resorts in the test with their test dates. CSR is October 14 - 31.

Ha! We were posting at the same time! Yes, I just went back to check and see if it had been updated and it had. Before today, I had not seen any of the start dates listed. Maybe I just missed it but I know I looked for it thoroughly about 3-4 days ago??

I am staying one night - Oct 14 and just received my bands today. Will my band get me through the parking gate or will I need to stop at the attendant?

I had orignially booked a split stay with CSR for the first part of our trip, and AoA for the second part. We were finally able to get rooms at CSR for our entire length of stay, since I am not too interested changing resorts at this point. I have already received the magic bands for the AoA part of our stay. We are staying at CSR at the beginning of October, so I am guessing we aren't eligible to use the bands there. Do they make exceptions for guests that already have the magic bands, or should I just leave them at home for our next trip? Thanks so much for reading :)

I'm just wondering if there is a parking fee or is it free parking if your a guest.
Thanks.

Resort guests get free parking at all resorts and parks for the duration of their stay. You'll get a parking pass upon check-in to display on your dashboard.

mmouse37 said:
Thanks for your insight. We have quick service dining but I am even thinking of dropping that. If we can get sodas in the lounge and breakfast every morning plus evening snacks I wondering if we need the QSD. We have dinner reservations at places that don't take QS and we usually just get something small for lunch....decisions, decisions.

MJ

Honestly I'm not sure I'd I would want the DDP if I didn't get a discount/ free. We had multiple snacks at the end and an extra qs so I ended up buying stuff for my brother and his family who did not have the dining plan. It was only the second time I had it and although I like trying new restaurants for the most part I can live with qs. I do know I am laying off the dinner resos! Lunch is more our style. Since we are not rope drop peeps it seems like by the time we really get into things we have to stop and go to dinner!

I am staying one night - Oct 14 and just received my bands today. Will my band get me through the parking gate or will I need to stop at the attendant?

From what I read on magic band thread...Yes it will open the gate at the resorts.

A few observations about CSR! First of all, this was an adult trip, my daughter and I on a girls only trip. Flight in was very early as we arrived at MCO at 7:50 AM...Magical Express was delightful and we were the 1st stop. There was not one other person in line when we boarded our bus. Arrival at CS by 8:35 AM. Check in was the only unfriendly experience I had. Very businesslike! I had done online check-in and requested Cassitas 4 as I have bursitus in both hips and have a lot of pain walking. The reason I requested Cassitas was because I have never stayed in that section. We got Cassitas 5 on the back side, a parking lot view, the 1st one I have ever had at this resort. We could see the back side of Expedition Everest. We had Room 7444, 4th floor and the nicest mousekeeper. She made sure and sought us out to thank us for the tip. (I always tip daily). Room was done promptly each day with plenty of extra coffee, towels, and H20 products. We also got four towel animals.
We used the dig pool site twice and found the friendliest employees there. One maintenence guy drew me a huge smiling Mickey with water on the concrete and another made a big deal of refilling my iced tea with a huge smile. My daughter said the drinks were very good at the pool
I made sure and used the slide this time. What fun. The walk to and from El Centro was manageable in the morning, but quite painful in the evening. We had several meals at the Pepper Market and for a quick service meal, you literally could not eat it all. We also got salads from the rix one evening and ate out by the lake....Very good and fresh. As we were leaving, we used our last two counter service meals to get wraps to eat at the airport and because we were not getting drinks, the girl insisted we get a bag of chips and a candy bar to replace the drink. We really enjoyed this meal at the airport. The chicken ceasar wraps were good and filling.
There were new employees at the gift shop and they were quite confused making me sign for a package I didn't get, so that was one extra trip back down to El Centro I didn't need, but it was easy to straighten out.
As always, the bus service was great and bus karma stayed with us most of the week. We only missed one Epcot bus and had to wait about 20 minutes. Bus stop 2 is great as you are the 1st ones on and the 1st ones off for all parks. Bus Stop 1 is always so crowded and many people getting on there ending up standing.
All the fountains except ours in Building 5 and the one by the convention center remained off all 8 days we were there. Construction walls were up by the quiet pool in our section and indicated construction going on in the walkways.
All in all, another good stay at CSR. I appreciated the extra magic at the pool and we left a box of fiber bars and 2 or 3 candy bars for our mousekeeper when we checked out. Magical Depress was a little late and it was raining as we left so it was an appropriate ending to our stay.

All the fountains except ours in Building 5 and the one by the convention center remained off all 8 days we were there. Construction walls were up by the quiet pool in our section and indicated construction going on in the walkways.

So glad you enjoyed your stay!

Did you happen to notice any signs stating how long the pool/fountains would be closed for renovations? I don't see these refurbs listed on the Disney site so I am wondering what's going on??? TIA

Magic Bands will open the gate at security but you sometimes have to take it off to be able to scan it. If you go through the main gate, security have the hand held scanner to scan you in.

I'm also curious about the quiet pool closure in Casitas. Anyone know any details? I requested Casitas for November because of the quiet pool but if its closed, we may want to request Cabanas...

Just booked for Oct 11-15th! DF and I have a King room and hoping for Cabanas! We stayed in King Business Class last time and loved it but they didn't have any openings for my discount this time!

So glad you enjoyed your stay!

Did you happen to notice any signs stating how long the pool/fountains would be closed for renovations? I don't see these refurbs listed on the Disney site so I am wondering what's going on??? TIA

The fountains didn't appear to be under any refurb, just turned off. They were full of water so I don't think they were working on the fountains. There was no other signs other than "Please excuse our dust- Use alternate walkways and arrows pointed down an alternate route thru the cassitas.

I'm also curious about the quiet pool closure in Casitas. Anyone know any details? I requested Casitas for November because of the quiet pool but if its closed, we may want to request Cabanas...

Please note: I didn't say the quiet pool was closed, I said the walkway was closed. I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear.

I read a few weeks back the the fridges Disney is using in the parks resorts and villas are being replaced. Hopefully the resort rooms have them. Anybody know?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter