Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to CSR May 6- May 11. This is our first trip:banana:. We are NOT getting the Dining plan but will get the $500 GC which we plan to use for food. I have read a lot of these posts but it seems like most people have the dining plan. Can someone who did not have the DP let me know where they ate while at the resort? It will be & DH & 2 sons (7 & 4). We are not huge eaters but I know my husband will want to have at least one nice breakfast.. I am ok with cereral/bagel every day:)

One of my favorite places for breakfast prior to buying the dining plan was at Fort Wilderness Campground. Their menu can be found at http://allears.net/menu/menu_teb.htm. It's just a good ol' fashioned country breakfast that's more affordable than other places. The themeing is kinda' "wild west" and the resort is quite unique. Plus, after breakfast you can take the boat to MK. :thumbsup2

CSR is still booked for august. we are so upset. Thinking about por. Has anyone stayed there. We wondered around once when we stayed in the french quarters. Any ideas?
Thanks

CSR is still booked for august. we are so upset. Thinking about por. Has anyone stayed there. We wondered around once when we stayed in the french quarters. Any ideas?
Thanks

We've not stayed at any of the moderates, but have visited them all a number of times. The POR-Riverside would be our next choice for the theme, the food court and the pools. We had thought POFQ would be our next choice but, after visiting there in September for about 90 minutes, we decided it wasn't for us -- the hot tub is very small, there are no quiet pools and the main pool seemed extremely crowded (unlike the CSR pool which we have never found crowded). I know the POR and POFQ share if you want to use the others pool, but I don't want to be walking over to use another pool.

We fly to Disney tomorrow. I am excited to try CSR and will let you all know how I liked it when I get back.

Thanks

We have never stayed at CSR but will be in May. We have however stayed at POR and we loved it. The pool is great, food court is good, we really loved everything about it except the double beds which is why we are doing CSR this time. I would love to go back there! The boat to DTD is fun and easy for your off day or afternoon. We also did a carriage ride around the resort one evening with the kids and we all enjoyed it. :goodvibes

Well, I just got off the phone with a Disney Vacation Planner and it's OFFICIAL. We are staying at CSR (first time) from October 2-9. There were only kings room left and the CM made it sound like it was almost booked up! I was reading the posts on here and saw 2 posts about CSR being booked up at the time they wanted to go so I got right on the phone! I'm so excited!!!! :)

When should I make a room request? I think I want casitas or cabanas...

Call and get it attached to your reservation now. Then, if you want, you can fax the request three days beforehand (but having it noted on your reservation is the most important thing).

What casitas would be the best one to stay at if we wanted easy access to the bus stop, the best atmosphere, and quietness? We saw your pictures with the fountain in the middle of the courtyard, it looked really pretty. Which was was that? Thanks!

What casitas would be the best one to stay at if we wanted easy access to the bus stop, the best atmosphere, and quietness? We saw your pictures with the fountain in the middle of the courtyard, it looked really pretty. Which was was that? Thanks!

There are fountains in most of the courtyards in the Casitas. Our favorites are Casitas 4 and 5...close to the quiet pool, fitness center/spa and the laundry...also a short walk to the bus stop. I believe the fountain you are talking about is in the courtyard of Casitas 3.

I know that the guest rooms do not have wi-fi, but since CSR is a convention resort is there a common area accessable to anyone where wi-fi is available? TIA!

I didn't see any response to this question, sorry if I missed it. I would like to know too

Quick Question: I'd like to request the Casitas 4 or 5 for my reservation in April. I booked online and did not add it to my reservation at that time. Should I call and add it now, or just wait and fax my request a few days before arrival? Thanks so much!

Quick Question: I'd like to request the Casitas 4 or 5 for my reservation in April. I booked online and did not add it to my reservation at that time. Should I call and add it now, or just wait and fax my request a few days before arrival? Thanks so much!

Hi! We just got back and I made the exact same request. You should definitely call and add it your reservation, in addition to faxing in your request. We got ours and we had a beautiful room overlooking the lake!

I didn't see any response to this question, sorry if I missed it. I would like to know too

Sorry...I wasn't sure of the info as we never take a computer. Here is the information I was given: wi-fi, there are commom areas but none of them are free. Wi-fi costs the same as hi speed, $9.95 per 24 contiguous hours. The common areas are the Main Lobby, Convention Center hallway, the Dig Site (the main pool), Rix Lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter