Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi KatMark! The new thread looks great!:thumbsup2

I thought I would share a quick review of our trip this summer.

Thank you for the kind words and the great review. I love your pictures--terrific.

Kathy,
Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this thread and in general. You are a veritable font of Coronado info!
Can't wait to see it all for myself in September!:goodvibes
Jennifer

Thanks, Jennifer. I hope you have a great time.

Kat,

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I can not tell you how this is getting us all pumped up for our stay here in Aug/Sep. Would you suggest a fax sent 3 days before arrival. :cool1:

My pleasure. I'm glad it has made you more excited about your trip. Yes, send a fax three days before your arrival--it can't hurt! :)

this new thread is absolutely amazing

well done KatMark :goodvibes: !!!

Thank you so much.

Well, I'm now about 95% sure we'll be staying at CSR next May :) Dh just asked when we can make our reservations, book our flights, and make ADR's :lmao: He had never been to Disney before this past May -I had been a couple of times about 20 years ago, when I was so broke I could hardly afford to eat, and determined then that I would go back and "do it right". When I was pregnant with ds6, we started saving, so we could take him when he turned 5. We saved all our loose change/bills - and wound up paying for the whole thing out of our change jars !! We stayed at POFQ last time, and loved it, but want to try somewhere different. Our dream trip in May didn't quite work out - my dad (who lived in England) passed away on our first full day of vacation. He had made me promise that we would stay on vacation if this happened (he had cancer and had been going downhill the last couple of weeks). So - we stayed, and celebrated his life in the most magical place on earth. The day after we left Disney, I flew to England for his funeral (my family had arranged it for the following week so I would be able to be there). So - we're going back next May, and will hopefully have the time of our lives !! :)

Dear Britgirlus, I hope you do stay at CSR. But if you choose somewhere else, I hope you have a most magical vacation. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. We had a similar situation on our trip last year. My dad died the week before our trip. His final words to me, besides "I love you and your kids" was that he wanted us to go on our 25th anniversary trip no matter what. I thought of cancelling but I kept remembering his last words to me and decided to honor his request. Although it was painful at times seeing certain things that Dad loved at Disney, what you said is true: "we celebrated his life in the most magical place on earth."

Way to go! This thread looks great! It's easy to make a thread look good when you have a resort that's as beautiful as the CSR to work with! :)

I'm looking forward to our stay here in 45 days! Thank you for all the great information.

I promise to bring back lots of pics. :goodvibes

Oh looking at all these pictures I can't wait to go back!! I LOVE CSR. We're probably going to cancel our 2010 trip so we can go snowboarding and because it cuts into College, but then I come on here and see these pics... :love: :worship: :laughing:

KatMark the thread looks great! Thanks for all the work.

I'll be staying at CSR for the first time in October and I'll be sure to take some photo's to add to the thread.

Wow! Fantastic job Kat - if I hadn't already switched to CSR I would after seeing this thread. Thank you so much for putting all this together.

Hi,
I wanted to ask your help....When I fax in my room request what
should I put in the note ......Has anybody done this...Can I see an example????

Thanks for all your help.....

Hi,
I wanted to ask your help....When I fax in my room request what
should I put in the note ......Has anybody done this...Can I see an example????

Thanks for all your help.....

ATTENTION: Room Assigner
Coronado Springs Resort
Fax Number #

Greetings from __________! (insert state here)

We are so excited about our upcoming vacation at Coronado Springs. We arrive in just a few days and were hoping that you might be able to meet a few of our requests (Reservation number # Dates). We would love a room in the ________ section, building ____ or ____ on the ____ floor if possible.

Thanks in advance!

The ________ Family!
Phone Number
Reservation Number

Limiting your requests, giving the assigner more than one building, and ordering your requests in highest priority to lowest, tend to be the best ways to get your requests met. The best time to fax is usually 4 days prior to your arrival. So if you are arriving on a FRI, you should fax on MON. But remember, faxes are only requests, not guarantees. Have a great trip! :thumbsup2

Hello- I'm looking for some help- we are trying to make our final decision on our resort-- DH really likes the looks on CSR but I have some questions since I don't know anyone who has stayed there b4.

Have ALL the rooms been renovated recently?? ANd do ALL the rooms get all the bathroom stuff that was seem in the picture-toothbrush, moutwash and all the other stuff? or is the just for conventioners?

All have in room fridge (no charge?) with coffee maker?

which rooms would be closest to the buses & food court-- I'm a diabetic so I need to be close

with the food court- do they have "normal" things to eat for kids- mine are so picky!! and is there a tip added on even if you take the food back to your room?

with the buses are there a lot of stops around the resort and are the buses super crowded?

My chooses right now are between- CBR, CSR, POFQ and maybe Pop or ASMo since it would be over 1000.00 in savings to stay there.

thanks for all the help

Thanks so much for your quick response.....
Also do you guys prefer the first floor or the second floor....???

Hello- I'm looking for some help- we are trying to make our final decision on our resort-- DH really likes the looks on CSR but I have some questions since I don't know anyone who has stayed there b4.

Have ALL the rooms been renovated recently??

The only sections that have not been renovated yet are floors 1-3 of Casitas 1, 2 and 3. I believe that 2 is currently down. The fouth floor of all these sections was completed months ago and to my knowledge will remain open as floors 1-3 are renovated. All rooms have new beds (queens) as of Oct 2008.

ANd do ALL the rooms get all the bathroom stuff that was seem in the picture-toothbrush, moutwash and all the other stuff? or is the just for conventioners?

I know all rooms get shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion. Not sure about the mouthwash, toothbrush etc...I think those are for suites/"club level" for conventions

Yes, all rooms have a mini fridge and a coffee maker at no charge

which rooms would be closest to the buses & food court-- I'm a diabetic so I need to be close

Cabanas 9B or Casitas 1 are closest to El Centro and Bus Stop 1. Cabanas 9A & 9B are closest to Bus Stop 4. If you are diabetic and NEED to be close to the food court you should contact the Special Needs department, they are the only place that can GUARENTEE you a close room.

with the food court- do they have "normal" things to eat for kids- mine are so picky!! and is there a tip added on even if you take the food back to your room?

The have pizza, chicken fingers and fries etc. So yes, there are "normal" offerings. The 10% automatic gratuity only applies if you DINE IN at the Pepper Market. There is also Cafe Rix, which offers pizzas and sandwiches, and no gratuity.

with the buses are there a lot of stops around the resort and are the buses super crowded?

There are 4 stops. One at El Centro, one at the Casitas, one at the Ranchos and one at the Cabanas. The buses go in this order.

Theme Park Buses
First Stop: Casitas
Second Stop: Ranchos
Third Stop: Cabanas
Fourth Stop: El Centro

Downtown Disney Buses
First Stop: El Centro
Second Stop: Casitas
Third Stop: Ranchos
Fouth Stop: Cabanas

Whenever I have taken buses from CSr I have never had a problem getting a seat. I have been at the first stop and the last. Because it is a convention resort a good number of the guests you see won't use Disney transportation as frequently because they will remain at the resort during the day for their conventions.

My chooses right now are between- CBR, CSR, POFQ and maybe Pop or ASMo since it would be over 1000.00 in savings to stay there.

I think that CSR is the best choice. The rooms are bigger than Pop or ASMu. My understanding is that CSR's transportation is better. And the rooms, if not renovated, at least have new beds.

thanks for all the help

Answers in red.

Have ALL the rooms been renovated recently?? ANd do ALL the rooms get all the bathroom stuff that was seem in the picture-toothbrush, moutwash and all the other stuff? or is the just for conventioners?

thanks for all the help

All the Cabanas have been renovated and I think all of the Ranchos. Most of the Casitas have also been done. All will be done by October 2009. KatMark will be the one to tell you the official word on the updates.

We just return from our first trip to CSR (June 26 - July 4). We loved it! I gave a quick review and posted some pictures on page 7 of this thread.
We loved the Cabanas. We were in 9A. Since you are a diabetic, make sure you have that noted on your reservation. There is a special number/service for those needing specific things due to medical needs. Since you have a medical need to be close to food courts this special service will note that on your reservation and you will be given a room close to El Centre. For the Cabanas this would be 9B. I think it would be Casitas 1. Again, I am not an expert. Check out the disabilities thread for specific information and the phone number for medical needs.

We loved having the queen beds! Yes, all the rooms have a refrigerator and coffee machine at no additional charge. These amenities are free at the moderate level and are additional at the value level. I think it is 10 dollars or more a day to rent a frig.

Yes, we did get all the toileties in the photo - all but the toothbrush. If I had called the front desk or asked we probably would have been given a toothbrush too. The shampoo and conditioner are separate and we were given several during our 8 night stay.

There is pizza for a kid's choice. It looked great (very large slices that are thick and appealing-looking). I think they had chicken nuggets too. You can check out the Pepper Market menu on allearsnet.com for specifics. My DD is very picky too so I packed a jar of peanut butter in my checked bag and she tended to eat that along with some of my son's fries or my baked potato. We then used her CS credit later in the parks or for breakfast.

We found the buses to be good. We used Bus Stop #1 the most. It is the last stop to be picked up before heading to the parks. Most of the time we had seats, occassionally we had to stand. Remember, we were there during the height of the summer season, perhaps the busiest time of all at WDW. From my understanding the weeks prior to and after July 4th are the busiest weeks of the year along with Christmas week.

thanks for all the help

After you finish making your reservation, explain to the CM that you are diabetic and need to be close to the food court. Ask them to contact special needs for you - they will do this during the call and have arrangements made.

Hope this helps!

Just a general tip: if you forget your toothbrush, you can go down to the Conceriege desk and request one. I forgot one the other year and headed down (at the Poly) to see if which store had one I could purchase. They then handed me one with a small thing of toothpaste in it.

It's a cheap toothbrush (I was a little disappointed that it didn't have Mickey on it! but glad I didn't have to pay for one!) and just a little toothpaste, but if you forget, it's enough to carry you through.

Thanks so much for the fab thread Kat!! You are the best!

Thanks!

Way to go! This thread looks great! It's easy to make a thread look good when you have a resort that's as beautiful as the CSR to work with! :)

Thank you--and thanks for the pics!

I'm looking forward to our stay here in 45 days! Thank you for all the great information.

I promise to bring back lots of pics. :goodvibes

Please do--the more pictures the more I can see my "home" away from home.

Oh looking at all these pictures I can't wait to go back!! I LOVE CSR. We're probably going to cancel our 2010 trip so we can go snowboarding and because it cuts into College, but then I come on here and see these pics... :love: :worship: :laughing:

COLLEGE is more important...but I know how much it hurts to cancel a trip. :-)

KatMark the thread looks great! Thanks for all the work.

I'll be staying at CSR for the first time in October and I'll be sure to take some photo's to add to the thread.

Thank you, and can't wait to see the pictures.

Wow! Fantastic job Kat - if I hadn't already switched to CSR I would after seeing this thread. Thank you so much for putting all this together.

Thank you, Letsbgoofy. I hope you enjoy CSR!

Thanks for the website. I am so excited to make our first trip here in October.

Quick question: We are checking in on 10/3. I see that there are 2 conventions that are ending on 10/4. Do you think we will have a problem getting a requested room (Cabanas 8A or 8B)

Thanks for the website. I am so excited to make our first trip here in October.

Quick question: We are checking in on 10/3. I see that there are 2 conventions that are ending on 10/4. Do you think we will have a problem getting a requested room (Cabanas 8A or 8B)

Thank you. It really depends on how large the conventions are. Some of them are very small so your chances might be better. The thing you have to remember is that a request is just a request and not a guarantee. If they don't assign you Cabanas 8A or 8B you can nicely ask if there is something available or if you could be moved the next day.

how can you find out when/how many conventions there are?
I'm sure that with me being diabetic I can bring stuff/buy stuff and keep in refridge. (I'm trying to really work hard to keep under control--working well!)
another quick question::: is there a lounge/ pool bar? DH wants to know.

how can you find out when/how many conventions there are?
I'm sure that with me being diabetic I can bring stuff/buy stuff and keep in refridge. (I'm trying to really work hard to keep under control--working well!)
another quick question::: is there a lounge/ pool bar? DH wants to know.

If you scroll through this new thread, there is a list of conventions that we are aware of. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to know all of them. We have the one that were found by googling and by people letting us know of conventions that they were aware of.

Yes, there is a pool bar--Siestas. There is also an outside bar, Laguna, which serves food and a new lounge, Rix, which has music and no children allowed after 9 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter