Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. We would ask for Cabana's or castita's then. If they really put all of pop in Rancho's it should be fine as far as noise. I agree lack of supervision is a problem. I have read the horror stories about this particular group. I'm sure some of the kid/school groups are fine though. We would check in late December 3rd and check out on the 6th. I looked at pics of POFQ but it really doesn't do anything for me, especially the rooms. Thanks again :goodvibes.

I think you'd be fine then. They'll only be there one day of your visit. And if there were a problem, I'd be on the horn to management immediately. I'm still shocked with the total rehab that they are even having them there. Let me know what you decide...and Happy Anniversary early!

Picture's from the trip "that's nice" and his beautiful family took--including the adopted "CSR" poster girl, Juliana:

thatsnice1.jpg

thatsnice2.jpg

thatsnice3.jpg

thatsnice4.jpg

thatsnice6.jpg

coronadospringsmap.jpg

thatsnice5.jpg

Regarding the toiletries provided... We stayed there July 4-11 and did not have shower gel provided and that looks like what is sitting on the counter in this picture. We had 3 bottles - shampoo, conditioner, & lotion. What is the long, white rectangular thing in front of the bottles on the tray? Whatever it is, we didn't have one either.

Regarding the toiletries provided... We stayed there July 4-11 and did not have shower gel provided and that looks like what is sitting on the counter in this picture. We had 3 bottles - shampoo, conditioner, & lotion. What is the long, white rectangular thing in front of the bottles on the tray? Whatever it is, we didn't have one either.

A toothbrush is the long, white rectangular thing. This picture was taken in a Club room. When we had a suite, we did get the toothbrush. We also got shower gel and sun gel. I think taht might just be in the suites an the club rooms.

Hi, I'll be traveling next June with DH, ds5, dd7, and DHs parents. We stayed at SSR a few years ago in a 2br villa, but since CSR has queens, I've suggested we stay there, and get adjoining rooms. Will that be difficult to swing, or do most rooms have that as an option already? If I can't be fairly sure, I think MIL will just want to go to SSR again.

Thanks for the info you all are sharing, it's been very helpful!:thumbsup2

Hi Kat! AWESOME SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got over here to check it out, man, you guys work fast!:thumbsup2 how many pages already? And you thought you were going to have to pass the time until your upcoming trip...:lmao:...looks like you have a new job fOR CSR ;) It really is beautiful, isn't it?
again, great job, and truly appreciated :worship:

Pam

I just wanted to add my kudos to Kathy for doing the new FAQ thread. Great job!

And I'll add a couple of my favorite CSR pics, as well!

DSC01339.jpg

DSC01340.jpg

DSC01401.jpg

DSC01489-1.jpg

Yay Kathy! This is such a great thread! I'm so happy that you started it! I'll throw some pics up later if I can. Thank you again for being such a positive influence-I can't wait to get back to the CSR!

I am really loving all these CSR pics! It's BEAUTIFUL!

I vaguely remember reading on the DIS at some point that CSR had different coffee - not Nescafe. I think it was an Italian blend of some sort...

Is that true?

Oh, please say it's true...pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase. :teeth:

I just found this NEW CSR thread... and saw Juliana!!!! LOL

Great job Kathy!!!!!

I'll be following and hope I will be able to answer some questions too!!!! (that's if you don't answer them first!!!!!):goodvibes

Hi Kat! AWESOME SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got over here to check it out, man, you guys work fast!:thumbsup2 how many pages already? And you thought you were going to have to pass the time until your upcoming trip...:lmao:...looks like you have a new job fOR CSR ;) It really is beautiful, isn't it?
again, great job, and truly appreciated :worship:

Pam

Personally I think that with all the work she does for them that CSR should give Kathy a free stay once a year. I wonder how many people are giving the resort a try just because of the FAQ CSR thread.

I'm loving all the new pictures! Keep em coming!

Oh, one question! I have a breakfast ADR over at Boma during my Sept/Oct trip. Does anyone know how much a taxi would be over to AKL from CSR? Thanks!

Good Morning Everyone! Browsing through this thread and I am thinking about staying here next march instead of CBR!

Hello again....

How about Cabanas....How many floors do they have??

Also I have 2 small children.....where would you choose to stay??.......

WOW! LOOKS FABULOUS, KAT!!! :thumbsup2

CSR is still lurking in the back of my mind for our November trip, even though we're booked at WL.

Thanks for all your hard work on this site! And so fast too!

:cheer2:

Pink

Hello again....

How about Cabanas....How many floors do they have??

Also I have 2 small children.....where would you choose to stay??.......

Cabanas are 2 stories. There are elevators, generally located in about the middle of the building.

We have stayed in the Cabanas twice with our kids and like their location. Convenient to the main building and Bus stop #4 and a short walk across the bridge to the main pool.

Have a great trip!

Hello...I am a newbie.. I am so impressed with this discussion. Thank you Kat :banana:
I read through all the tips and I keep going back and forth...

What is your suggestion on which building I should request? :confused3

I would like to be close to the Dig Site but also not to far from the Pepper Market.

I have two boys ages 6yrs and 8yrs old.
I know they will love the slide..This is our first time at Disney.
I upgraded from Allstar Music to the CSR..Thanks to Kat :thumbsup2
We will arrive on September 1st... :dance3:

Personally I think that with all the work she does for them that CSR should give Kathy a free stay once a year. I wonder how many people are giving the resort a try just because of the FAQ CSR thread.

I'm loving all the new pictures! Keep em coming!

Oh, one question! I have a breakfast ADR over at Boma during my Sept/Oct trip. Does anyone know how much a taxi would be over to AKL from CSR? Thanks!
I agree - Kathy certainly deserves the trip! :wizard:

CSR to AKL (although we did it in reverse after dinner at Jiko) is about $10-15, including tip.

Hello...I am a newbie.. I am so impressed with this discussion. Thank you Kat :banana:

I would like to be close to the Dig Site but also not to far from the Pepper Market.

Your situation sounds like mine... we are staying at CSR for the first time (8/29 - 9/5), have 2 boys (ages 6 and 8) and want to be close to the Dig Site, and not too, too far from the Pepper Market/Main building.

Based on my research, I've requested building 8A in the Cabanas, because it is very close to both the dig site and bus stop. The Pepper Market looks to be reasonably close, also. I prioritized the distance to the main pool over the Pepper Market, because I know we'll be at the pool daily if the weather cooperates.

I agree - Kathy certainly deserves the trip! :wizard:

CSR to AKL (although we did it in reverse after dinner at Jiko) is about $10-15, including tip.

Thanks! That's cheap enough! Looks like I'll be taking a taxi that morning. Are there usually some sitting around outside the main building or would I need for the resort to call for one?

:welcome: to the DIS! We stayed in Cabanas 9A in May with DD10 and DD6. Short walk to the Dig Site, short walk to El Centro and the bus stop. My kids LOVED the slide - it was hard to get them to go back to the parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter