Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathy - a wonderful job!!! Many thanks and keep up the great work. I am on the countdown and thanks to your great info and pictures - I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER!:banana:

Thank you. September is a great time to be there! :thumbsup2

Kat, that menu you posted for room service looks the same as the one we saw on our trip in April/May. We didn't use the dining plan, so can't help there. We got the chicken bucket and it was good, fed 3 adults and one child. (one of those adults don't eat much)

What are the odds of getting your room location request? I prefer Casitas 4 or 5. I am disabled and use the buses, so getting on an early bus stop is important. Also, this is my honeymoon, so I also prefer a water view... I can't use internal transportation because of my wheelchair... Have people had good luck getting a location they wanted? The casitas just look so romantic!

also, how far in advance do they assign disabled accessible rooms? I know they are assigned earlier than other rooms, and I want to put in my request at the proper time! thanks

Kathy, I am so sorry I was not here to offer congrats sooner on the fantastic job you've done with the new CSR FAQs thread!!! :cheer2:

Photos are outstanding - really gives a good feeling of what CSR is like.:goodvibes

Everything looks absolutely perfect!!! :worship:

Thank you so much for all your hard work..and continued hard work to keep this thread going strong. Takes a lot of dedication as well.:flower3:

Kathy, I am so sorry I was not here to offer congrats sooner on the fantastic job you've done with the new CSR FAQs thread!!! :cheer2:

Photos are outstanding - really gives a good feeling of what CSR is like.:goodvibes

Everything looks absolutely perfect!!! :worship:

Thank you so much for all your hard work..and continued hard work to keep this thread going strong. Takes a lot of dedication as well.:flower3:

Thanks, Christine. Can you answer the post right above yours to me. I think you are the perfect person to answer KPeveler.

Tinkerbell- awesome pictures. Kathy- when is your next trip? I think I remember something about a split stay between CSR and AKL???

Tinkerbell- awesome pictures. Kathy- when is your next trip? I think I remember something about a split stay between CSR and AKL???

Unfortunately, not until 2010 (and we are hoping for that). We had to cancel this year.

What are the odds of getting your room location request? I prefer Casitas 4 or 5. I am disabled and use the buses, so getting on an early bus stop is important. Also, this is my honeymoon, so I also prefer a water view... I can't use internal transportation because of my wheelchair... Have people had good luck getting a location they wanted? The casitas just look so romantic!

also, how far in advance do they assign disabled accessible rooms? I know they are assigned earlier than other rooms, and I want to put in my request at the proper time! thanks

Hi! Best thing for you to do is call resort special needs 407-939-7807 # 1.
Be sure to have your reservation number handy, explain your accessible room need and ask if they would please block an accessible (1st fl if needed) room in Casita's 4 or 5, close to the bus. And if you have paid for a water view, let them know that as well. They are very helpful.

Hope this helps! Have a wonderful Disneymoon!! :goodvibes

(P.s. Kathy, I'm sorry, did not notice the post when I posted to you)

Great Job Kat!!! I will be at my "home" in just 34 days...I can't believe its almost here!!!

Still sad you aren't going...We have to meet up one of these trips :)

Kathy,

I just wanted to tell you, Great Job on the Thread!!!!! It looks wonderful!!!!!

Mary

Unfortunately, not until 2010 (and we are hoping for that). We had to cancel this year.

I hear ya and sorry! I cancelled my trip this past may because of financial stuff as well. Would of been my second solo trip.

Hi KatMark! The new thread looks great!:thumbsup2

I thought I would share a quick review of our trip this summer. We stayed at CSR for the first time June 26-July 4, 2009. We absolutely loved it here!:banana::banana: I am writing my trip report now. I have posted a few photos of CSR and will be posting more in the next few days. There is a link to my trip report at the bottom of my post.

The grounds were beautiful. We loved the renovated rooms, especially the queen beds, and marble vanity. I used the online check-in system and it worked out great. When I originally booked the trip I requested Cabanas. Then when I checked in online ten days before our arrival I checked the boxes for ground floor and near transportation. I did not send a fax. The online checkin really worked out well. I did not have to wait in line. In the photo below, it is hard to tell but there were two lines. The long line is for regular check-in. I walked right up to the registration desk since there was no line in the on-line check-in line. I am in the black top. There is one person waiting behind me. She is in the black shirt and black and white skirt.
CSRlobby.jpg

We got all our requests!:cool1: We were placed in Cabanas 9A. We had a standard room that faced the parking lot. We were close to two bus stops. We found both bus stops to be about the same distance away from our room. We liked being on the ground floor with no stair to climb. I was worried ahead of time that we would hear people above us - but we never did!

DSC_0199.jpg

CSR-Haley.jpg

P1010121.jpg

Cabanas 9A was close to the Dig Site and El Centre.
DSC_0207-1.jpg

We got food at Siesta's a few times. My DS thought the cheeseburgers at Siesta's were the best. :love: I had the nachos and they were really good. My DH and I took advantage of the Ribeye Steak counter service option and had it twice for dinner. I couldn't believe what a great meal it was for only one counter service meal! :yay:I had the steak with a baked potato and grilled veggies one night and another night had the steak with mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. The mashed potatoes were really good!:) We were able to chose a dessert from all the desserts available! I enjoyed the apple cobbler with ice cream the best. We got one of the loafs of bread as a desert choice one time, and the huge cinnamon bun was a dessert choice as well.

DSC_0202.jpg

The kids and I loved the Dig Site pool. You can just make out the playground on the left side of the pyramid in this photo. I didn't realize that the playground was right there by the pool. The pool itself was really big so it did not feel crowded. I even tried the slide once. I wanted to be able to report back on it in this thread. It was lots of fun. I would have gone down it a few more times but we had to get out of the pool to catch our ride on ME to the airport. We literally, climbed out of the pool, changed in the bathroom by the pool and went right to the ME bus stop. It was hard to get out of the pool and go home. :sad1:
DSC_0214.jpg

Kathy,
Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this thread and in general. You are a veritable font of Coronado info!
Can't wait to see it all for myself in September!:goodvibes
Jennifer

mdsouth, thank you for the review and so glad you enjoyed CSR so much!! Your daughter is darling!!

Photos are great and your room locations sounds perfect. Will follow your TR link as well.

Thanks again and welcome back!

Kat,

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I can not tell you how this is getting us all pumped up for our stay here in Aug/Sep. Would you suggest a fax sent 3 days before arrival. :cool1:

Well, I'm now about 95% sure we'll be staying at CSR next May :) Dh just asked when we can make our reservations, book our flights, and make ADR's :lmao: He had never been to Disney before this past May -I had been a couple of times about 20 years ago, when I was so broke I could hardly afford to eat, and determined then that I would go back and "do it right". When I was pregnant with ds6, we started saving, so we could take him when he turned 5. We saved all our loose change/bills - and wound up paying for the whole thing out of our change jars !! We stayed at POFQ last time, and loved it, but want to try somewhere different. Our dream trip in May didn't quite work out - my dad (who lived in England) passed away on our first full day of vacation. He had made me promise that we would stay on vacation if this happened (he had cancer and had been going downhill the last couple of weeks). So - we stayed, and celebrated his life in the most magical place on earth. The day after we left Disney, I flew to England for his funeral (my family had arranged it for the following week so I would be able to be there). So - we're going back next May, and will hopefully have the time of our lives !! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter