Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for your quick response.....
Also do you guys prefer the first floor or the second floor....???

I've been on every floor in the Casitas and I really don't have a preference. If I had to choose one, I'd probably say the 3rd or 4th floor so that I have a better view of some of the higher fireworks you can see.

Couple of questions.
We will be booking an 8 night stay at CSR with tickets and QSDP.
My mother may want to come but won't know until weeks before leaving for WDW and probably would only want to come for 4 nights.
I was adviced on another thread to just add her to our room once we arrive, this way she doesn't have to buy 8 days of tickets and the QSDP and it won't mess up my reservations and plans.
Will CSR let me add her to our room with no problem? Should I call CSR to comfirm?

Another ? Can we refill our mugs in the PM?

Couple of questions.
We will be booking an 8 night stay at CSR with tickets and QSDP.
My mother may want to come but won't know until weeks before leaving for WDW and probably would only want to come for 4 nights.
I was adviced on another thread to just add her to our room once we arrive, this way she doesn't have to buy 8 days of tickets and the QSDP and it won't mess up my reservations and plans.
Will CSR let me add her to our room with no problem? Should I call CSR to comfirm?

Another ? Can we refill our mugs in the PM?

I can't answer the first question. Perhaps someone else can or I would call CRO and ask them (you won't get CSR--you'll get a central call area).

The mugs can be refilled at the PM--but the CM's do it for you...you can no longer do it yourself. You can also have them refilled at Siestas by the pool (again by the CM's) and you can refill them yourself at Cafe Rix -- the grab and go area.

Thanks for doing this. I was just looking for pics on the new renovated rooms love them. Our only problem is the single sink thing.

Thanks for doing this. I was just looking for pics on the new renovated rooms love them. Our only problem is the single sink thing.

Yes, I saw that...I responded to your other post. We used to have four in our party (our boys are now both in college), and we never had problem with having only one sink. As you can tell, there is a lot of counter space.

I'm planning to take ½ a pound of coffee with me. Do I need take the coffee filters as well, or are they provided?

Thanks!

I'm planning to take ½ a pound of coffee with me. Do I need take the coffee filters as well, or are they provided?

Thanks!

No, there are no filters. They give you that "prepackaged" coffee in an enclosed filter. I would take filters with you--the tiny ones for a 4-cup coffee maker (there's a picture on the first page I believe of the coffee pot).

First, thanks so much for doing the new thread -- you've presented all of the info in such an organized and clear way!

Now, onto my question: The pics of the bathrooms show different toiletries than we had last year at POR. What kind are they, and are they any good (meaning, would you actually use them or just use what you've brought from home?) And also, do the soaps have mickey on them? DD LOVES her Mickey soaps and I need to know if I actually have to go buy some somewhere. :lmao:

Thanks!

96 more days til we leave... 6 more til Ressies can be made... and 86 more til I can pack without feeling like a dork. :lmao:

Looking forward to more info... :surfweb:

I start packing way b4 10 days-- I guess that makes me a dork:rotfl2::rotfl2: I think that this year I won't tell/let me friends see taht I'm doing it- then I can only tell "disers" that I'm doing and won't feel so bad!!:lmao:

I love all the pcitures on here! And as for the convention info it's great!! (even if one is there it's alright)

does anyone know how far out disabled rooms are assigned? I know it is different than regular rooms

Also, do you think it is reasonable to put in the fax that I want the rooms I do because I use a powerchair and want to be near the first bus stop? I want to be in Casitas 4 or 5 for this reason (plus I think they are the most romantic looking for my honeymoon!)

I start packing way b4 10 days-- I guess that makes me a dork:rotfl2::rotfl2: I think that this year I won't tell/let me friends see taht I'm doing it- then I can only tell "disers" that I'm doing and won't feel so bad!!:lmao:

I love all the pcitures on here! And as for the convention info it's great!! (even if one is there it's alright)

We have an open suitcase on the stairs... we've ben slowly packing since April- We are going the last week of August. I just couldn't wait to start. :yay:

First, thanks so much for doing the new thread -- you've presented all of the info in such an organized and clear way!

Now, onto my question: The pics of the bathrooms show different toiletries than we had last year at POR. What kind are they, and are they any good (meaning, would you actually use them or just use what you've brought from home?) And also, do the soaps have mickey on them? DD LOVES her Mickey soaps and I need to know if I actually have to go buy some somewhere. :lmao:

Thanks!

You are welcome...glad you like it.

I believe the CSR is the only one to get the toiletries as shown in the photo. I think the other moderates get the same toiletries as the values (although I can't swear by that because I've never stayed at any of the other moderates).

You can count on the DIS nuts for anything...we understand. ;)

does anyone know how far out disabled rooms are assigned? I know it is different than regular rooms

Also, do you think it is reasonable to put in the fax that I want the rooms I do because I use a powerchair and want to be near the first bus stop? I want to be in Casitas 4 or 5 for this reason (plus I think they are the most romantic looking for my honeymoon!)

If you have any special need(s), please call Special Resort Needs asap (have your reservation number ready for them): 407-939-7807 # 1 .

These CM's will block a room to be sure any needs you may have will be met. They are wonderful and there to help!

Even if you do not require a handicap room, they can help - just explain your needs to them.

We have an open suitcase on the stairs... we've ben slowly packing since April- We are going the last week of August. I just couldn't wait to start. :yay:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

It would be a good idea to call Disney special needs and ask for a an accessible room near the first bus stop - they can arrange to block a room for you. They have always been very kind and wonderful to work with. Be sure to have your reservation ready for them when you call, explain your medical need: 407-939-7807 option #1. PM me if I can be of help. :)

Have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

PS Kathy, we must have been posting at the same time!

Some additional photos from fellow CSR lover and Diser, Elise79:

tracy1.jpg

tracy10.jpg

tracy2.jpg

tracy3.jpg

tracy4.jpg

tracy5.jpg

tracy6.jpg

tracy7.jpg

tracy8.jpg

tracy9.jpg

I can help a bit on the toiletries. I stayed at POFQ last October, it was right after they switched all the toiletries. I wasn't happy. I have long hair and a shampoo/conditioner combo makes my hair really ratty. I'm really excited that CSR still has separate shampoo & conditioner. It's still the same kind of product, I believe H2O, so it's good product, just separate instead of combined.

If it's changed, trust me, you'll hear it from me in about 15 days ;)

I have something to add. Hubby and I enjoyed CSR during the Christmas Season. It was absolutely beautiful at this resort during that time.

Hi Kat,
Just wanted to say you did a great job on this new FAQ thread :goodvibes. There is a chance my DH and I might stay here for 10th Anniversary in December for a few nights without the kids :guilty:. I love the new rooms they look very deluxe and Queen beds is a plus too. Also have heard they have good bus service here The only thing is it will be when pop warner is there :headache: and that worries me a bit. We can't do deluxe since it's and extra trip and no way to a value since pop will be in those too. It's our Anniversary so a moderate it is. We like CBR since that is the only mod we stayed in but don't think a nemo room will be good for a stay without kids. So we are down to CSR or POFQ. I'm not a huge fan of the PM (ate there in October) but for a short trip well probably only go there for a quick breakfast. Love the new thread.

Hi Kat,
Just wanted to say you did a great job on this new FAQ thread :goodvibes. There is a chance my DH and I might stay here for 10th Anniversary in December for a few nights without the kids :guilty:. I love the new rooms they look very deluxe and Queen beds is a plus too. Also have heard they have good bus service here The only thing is it will be when pop warner is there :headache: and that worries me a bit. We can't do deluxe since it's and extra trip and no way to a value since pop will be in those too. It's our Anniversary so a moderate it is. We like CBR since that is the only mod we stayed in but don't think a nemo room will be good for a stay without kids. So we are down to CSR or POFQ. I'm not a huge fan of the PM (ate there in October) but for a short trip well probably only go there for a quick breakfast. Love the new thread.

Thank you so much...I really appreciate it. We've never stayed with Pop Warner at Disney, however, we have traveled with youth football when our son played (in the Bill George league and the Pop Warner league). I truly do believe that it is not the kids so much as it is the lack of "chaperone supervision". All I can tell you about the CSR is that I've been told they are keeping "ALL" of the Pop Warner kids/families in the Ranchos section of the resort. I don't know if this helps or not. I think POFQ would be ideal for an anniversary trip as well. We've not stayed, but it is the moderate we would choose if CSR was not available.

Thank you so much...I really appreciate it. We've never stayed with Pop Warner at Disney, however, we have traveled with youth football when our son played (in the Bill George league and the Pop Warner league). I truly do believe that it is not the kids so much as it is the lack of "chaperone supervision". All I can tell you about the CSR is that I've been told they are keeping "ALL" of the Pop Warner kids/families in the Ranchos section of the resort. I don't know if this helps or not. I think POFQ would be ideal for an anniversary trip as well. We've not stayed, but it is the moderate we would choose if CSR was not available.

Thanks for the info. We would ask for Cabana's or castita's then. If they really put all of pop in Rancho's it should be fine as far as noise. I agree lack of supervision is a problem. I have read the horror stories about this particular group. I'm sure some of the kid/school groups are fine though. We would check in late December 3rd and check out on the 6th. I looked at pics of POFQ but it really doesn't do anything for me, especially the rooms. Thanks again :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter