Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the great information! I will be happy to contribute after our trip to CSR in late September.

We always love to add new pictures...the more to show off our favorite resort.

Thanks, Kat! I'll hold for you for as long as you like - much more fun than holding for CRO!

You are too funny. :rotfl:

Is the fax number in the first post the right one to make room requests prior to arrival, or is there a different number?

Yes, that is the fax number you use.

Which buildings have been renovated? And for a king room, is there a best place to try and request? :thanks:

There are king rooms in all three sections of the resorts. As of today, all of the Cabanas are done, all of the Ranchos are done, Casitas Buildings 4 and 5 are completely done. The fourth floor of Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are currently done. They are working on Casitas 2's remaining floors and then they will have floors 1, 2 and 3 of Casitas 1 and 3 to finish.

Kathy! :banana::banana:
Thanks so much for starting and managing the new FAQ thread! I am constantly telling James how amazing the resort is and can't wait for him to experience it himself.

Question: Do I remember correctly that the renovated rooms have accessable outlets at the desks for recharging electronics?

I hope he loves it as much as we do. I think you are correct about the accessible outlets.

Looking good... away we go..... :thumbsup2

Thank you! :)

Thanks KatMark--I appreciate all your hard work on this!

Thanks...I hope it helps those who have never stayed at the CSR and are considering it.

Sept 14 - 18, ISASI 2009 40th Annual Seminar
Sept 29 - Oct 1, PM Worx 4th Annual User Conference
Sept 29 - Oct 4, SAF National Convention

Oct 1 - 4, Lamaze International Conference
Oct 6 - 9, Out & Equal Workplace Summit
Oct 9 - 11, The XIX Annual Firefighter’s Ball
Oct 10 - 11, Profit Power Seminar
Oct 13 - 16, FHETS 2009
Oct 14 - 17, FASA 2009 State Conference
Oct 14 - 18, PlanChoice’s 2009 Leader’s Conference
Oct 17 - 21, NCCHC National Conference
Oct 18 - 22, Gartner Symposium/ITxpo
Oct 20 - 22, ICTOA 7th Annual Conference
Oct 20 - 24, WWA 29th Annual Symposium & Trade Show
Oct 22 - 24, AGLSP Annual Conference
Oct 23 - 25, FBS Symposium 2009
Oct 25 - 28 Southern SUGA 2009
Oct 31 - Nov 2, 2009, HACU 23rd Annual Conference

Nov 4 - 6, SAP Seminar
Nov 5 - 7, MILO Fest
Nov 8 - 11, Elliot Masie's Learning 2009
Nov 16 - 18, Marine Dealer Conference & Expo
Nov 30 - Dec 3, 28th Annual Disney World Anesthesia Meeting

Dec 4 - 6, DANR 12th Annual National Conference
Dec 5 - 12, Pop Warner Football
Dec 7 - 10, National Guard Bureau Joint Information Technology Conference 2009
Dec 14 - 15, Tax Works Power Training Seminar
Dec 15 - 19, Magic Week 2009 CPE Conference
Dec 17 - 20, 23rd Annual National MPS Society Family Conference

Jan 1 - 3, New Year's Invitational - USA Gymnastics Sanctioned Event
Jan 7 - 10, 12th Annual Youth Directors Conference
Jan 12-16, STMA Conference

Feb 1 - 6, USPS National Meeting
Feb 7 - 10, ISEE's 36th Annual Conference
Feb 15 - 18, NATE 2010
Feb 17 - 20, ASTI - Appliance Service Training Institute
Feb 25 - 27, 21st Annual International Women in Aviation Conference

Mar 17 - 19, National GAINS Center Conference
Mar 22 - 25, VoiceCon Orlando 2010
Mar 26 - 28, AOAO Annual Meeting

April 7 - 11, The Foundation of the National Student Nurses’ Association
April 19 - 21, InfoSec World 2010

May 20 - 22, FL Elks State Convention
May 28 - 31, North American Society for Sport History (NASSH)

June 8 - 11, CMSA
June 23 - 26, HOSA National Leadership Conference

Sept 24 - 27, ASBO 96th Annual Meeting

Oct 7 - 10, HENAAC 2010 Awards Show & Career Conference

Dec 10 - 12, National Scholastic K-12 Chess Championship

Jan 27 - 29, MACS Convention and Trade Show
Jan 31 - Feb 5, USPS National Meeting

Feb 18 - 21, National Association of Travel Plazas & Truckstops (NATSO)
Feb 21 – 24, IECA Annual Meeting

Jul 6 - 10, Friends for Life Annual International Conference 2011

Jan 30 - Feb 4, USPS National Meeting

Feb 5 – 9, APEC Conference and Exposition

Jan 28 - Feb 2, USPS National Meeting

Dec 13 - 15, National Scholastic K-12 Chess Championship

Sept 19 - 22, ASBO 100th Annual Meeting

This is not a "FULL" list. This lists consists from research on the web and information passed on from fellow CSR lovers.

Thanks...I hope it helps those who have never stayed at the CSR and are considering it.

We never considered it, in fact we put in on our NO list after a bad experience with a security guard out front. The ONLY reason we booked here this time is because of this thread, and mostly KatMark's comments (no pressure, eh? :thumbsup2) I will be sure to report back in mid September.

We never considered it, in fact we put in on our NO list after a bad experience with a security guard out front. The ONLY reason we booked here this time is because of this thread, and mostly KatMark's comments (no pressure, eh? :thumbsup2) I will be sure to report back in mid September.

I hope it turns out to be a magical time. I know everyone will not love it, but I'm glad you are giving it a shot and hope it turns out as good for you as it has been for us on seven visits.

CSR Marina:

The marina at CSR will only be open on a seasonal basis. Here are the dates through summer of 2009.

February 15-21, 2009
April 5-18, 2009
June 1 - Sept 7, 2009

Marina.jpg

KatMark - first let me thank you for this great thread. You are the best.
Marina - sounds like it is open duirng peak/holiday times.
We will be at CSR Easter weeks in 2010 - do you think the Marina will be open for us to use ?

Also from the pictures of the rooms - moving the 2 square small chairs to where the connecting room door is, will leave us enough room to place a twin areo bed, next to the window. We are a family of 4, but our teen DS does not/should not sleep with our teen DD.

Thank you for all your CSR knowledge. :goodvibes

Hi, Great job!!
I have one question??

If I wanted to order room service does it count as 2 TS credits??

Also what does the menu look like???

Thank you for all your patience while I got this up. Thanks to all who sent me pictures. Special thanks to Megan (TinkerBelle 325) who heled me put the FAQ thread together...editing, revising, etc. And thanks to an old friend who allowed me to copy a lot of info. :)

This is a work in progress and we will add info as we get it.

Please feel free to add pictures, questions, reviews, etc. to our updated thread.

Kathy :)

Kathy - thank you soooo very much for this!! I cannot imaine how much work this has been for you. It is wonderful and has us all excited about our upcoming first time at CSR!!! I'll keep checking in - the pictures are fantastic - even Glen! Thanks so much - Jane

Fabulous job on the new thread :thumbsup2.

I've been seriously considering CSR for our next trip and you've just pushed it back to the top of my list. The thread is organized very well and you have made excellent use of photographs.

Thanks for taking up the challenge of creating this new thread :goodvibes

I don't know about credits but the room service menu has a VERY nice selection! We went back and forth about ordering for breakfast and dinner but decided not to for "budget" reasons. We fully intend to try it out at least once on our next visit. What's a vacation without room service?!

Kathy,

Beautiful, beautiful job on the thread! It is well-organized and very comprehensive. Makes me want to go back sooner than I will be able to! Great job - it is very well thought out.

Thanks for starting the new thread Kathy. Looks great!

Thanks...and I used one or two of your pics!

Looks great!! Thanks!!

Thank you!

Good job Kat!!!!!!

Thanks, momma!

KatMark - first let me thank you for this great thread. You are the best.
Marina - sounds like it is open duirng peak/holiday times.
We will be at CSR Easter weeks in 2010 - do you think the Marina will be open for us to use ?

Also from the pictures of the rooms - moving the 2 square small chairs to where the connecting room door is, will leave us enough room to place a twin areo bed, next to the window. We are a family of 4, but our teen DS does not/should not sleep with our teen DD.

Thank you for all your CSR knowledge. :goodvibes

Thank you.

The Marina was open this past Easter, so if they keep with that proposed schedule then I believe it will be open when you are there.

I don't think you'll have any problem by moving the two ottomans and fitting a twin aero bed at all.

Hi, Great job!!
I have one question??

If I wanted to order room service does it count as 2 TS credits??

Also what does the menu look like???

Good question. I just checked the brochure for the dining plan and it does not list the CSR room service this year. I don't know if that is an oversight or if they eliminated (not sure why they would when all of the restaurants are on the plan). Maybe someone who is going soon can find out for sure. If it is on the dining plan, yes, it is 2 TS credits like all of the deluxes. I'm posting "old menus" here...I'm not sure if you'll be able to read them:

breakfastindining.jpg

alldaydining.jpg

Kathy - thank you soooo very much for this!! I cannot imaine how much work this has been for you. It is wonderful and has us all excited about our upcoming first time at CSR!!! I'll keep checking in - the pictures are fantastic - even Glen! Thanks so much - Jane

Thanks. We think Glen has a friend too...but I haven't verified that yet. ;)

Fabulous job on the new thread :thumbsup2.

I've been seriously considering CSR for our next trip and you've just pushed it back to the top of my list. The thread is organized very well and you have made excellent use of photographs.

Thanks for taking up the challenge of creating this new thread :goodvibes

I'm glad to hear it. We really love it there. It has just about everything you could ask for in a deluxe (except indoor corridors and perhaps another restaurant), but at a moderate price that we can afford.

Kathy,

Beautiful, beautiful job on the thread! It is well-organized and very comprehensive. Makes me want to go back sooner than I will be able to! Great job - it is very well thought out.

Thank you so much StitckandPooh's Mom...I appreciate your support.

Hi Kat ... great job on the new thread! Very informative and it looks good too. Thanks for being so willing to share your CSR knowledge and enthusiasm with us - you must spend hours replying to people each day.

I only posted on the old thread once or twice, but I've been addicted to it since we booked our upcoming trip ... only 28 more days to go! :)

Hi Kat ... great job on the new thread! Very informative and it looks good too. Thanks for being so willing to share your CSR knowledge and enthusiasm with us - you must spend hours replying to people each day.

I only posted on the old thread once or twice, but I've been addicted to it since we booked our upcoming trip ... only 28 more days to go! :)

Thank you...and hope you'll feel free to post more often and let us know how your trip went and bring back some pics!

I didn't realize CSR had "real" room service, that's something to consider. Ds is "to the manor born" apparently and loves having breakfast brought to him. I try to do it once on every vacation, but so far haven't on Disney trips.

Thanks for all the work, Kathy, it looks great. :goodvibes

Kathy, I just want you to know, if I hadn't recently joined DVC, you would have me totally sold on CSR. In fact, I know we can use points to stay at CSR, and I think I just might try it sometime (staying at a deluxe on points is exorbitant, but the mods are fairly reasonable.) Which brings me to a question, honestly, why isn't CSR a deluxe? Exterior corridors? After going thru your opening posts, I can't see a difference. Anyway, just wanted to say "great work" and thanks for all you do on these forums : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter