Corn Bread at Trail's End

disney castle days

Mouseketeer
We are big fans of the corn bread at Hoop Dee Doo/Trail's End. Do they sell it in loaves like they do for the banana bread at OKW? I might need to buy a few :laughing:

We are big fans of the corn bread at Hoop Dee Doo/Trail's End. Do they sell it in loaves like they do for the banana bread at OKW? I might need to buy a few :laughing:
I suspect they use a commercial version of Jiffy cornbread. At least that’s what it tastes like to me 🤷🏽‍♀️.

Cornbread is crazy easy to make from scratch. I don't even like buying the Jiffy mix.

Guessing the HDD cornbread just has more of the stuff that isn't good for you - sugar and butter, maybe molasses.

The reason everyone loves this cornbread is its high volume of sugar (about twice as much as regular southern style cornbread). I hold it out to be the "gold standard" of cornbread, and have made the recipe @SteveH linked to with success.

And any food recipe posted on someone's blog may/may not be what Disney actually serves. I would assume for the high volume of meals Disney serves it is a commercially sold dry mix they add milk/water (and perhaps eggs) to bake up fresh. As with most recipes, you can cut down the amount of sugar by 1/3 or even 1/2 and still get good results. Some cornbread recipes also use honey instead of sugar.

I would assume for the high volume of meals Disney serves it is a commercially sold dry mix they add milk/water (and perhaps eggs) to bake up fresh.
..and probably brought in on a truck from some commercial bakery on Kirkman Rd.

Don’t think you can buy individual loaves, but yes it is very good

The reason everyone loves this cornbread is its high volume of sugar (about twice as much as regular southern style cornbread). I hold it out to be the "gold standard" of cornbread, and have made the recipe @SteveH linked to with success.
Put me in the camp that don't like overly sweet cornbread, so I guess I won't go out of my way to research this version.

Put me in the camp that don't like overly sweet cornbread, so I guess I won't go out of my way to research this version.
The man and our traveling kids loved it but I dinna.
Yet every 4th of July we went to HDD (same cornbread as TE) and had a good time together.
Sometimes it’s the little things 😎.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter