Copper Creek Villas & Cabin Sales to Begin . . .

So I spoke with my Guide and he informed me that the email was just for informational purposes, to let the members know it is coming this year. As yet they have no details, such as release date, pricing, etc. As I thought he is making a list and will contact us once its available. My guide is very good at his job and has been with DVC for a long time, so I am sure his info is accurate. At the same time, as i suspected, the email was more or less to gauge interest IMHO......

I'm thinking the points for studio through 2 BR will have to be similar to "WLV" because why would anyone book there.
Unless the slight extra walk to villas??
If the points are that much higher....I'm thinking my WLV points will be more valuable.....especially for renting.
I was initially worried that my serene WLV will be ruined....but hey....I'm sure it will be amazing!
Kerri

We didn't get any emails. Never do. Never have. I can't figure it out. They HAVE my email address....

I'm thinking the points for studio through 2 BR will have to be similar to "WLV" because why would anyone book there.
If the points are that much higher....I'm thinking my WLV points will be more valuable.....especially for renting.
I was initially worried that my serene WLV will be ruined....but hey....I'm sure it will be amazing!
Kerri

There is an answer to this one :). Boulder Ridge Villas has owners. They have an 11 month booking window. Members of any DVC homed elsewhere (like the SEPARATE Copper Creek DVC) would have a 7 month booking window into Boulder Ridge Villas. The opposite would also be true.

As a consequence? Yes, new Copper Creek DVC owners COULD book at Boulder Ridge - at 7 months. As Boulder Ridge owners have a three month lead on you? We will, if smart, use it. Well, at least my wife and I will :). We always book at our allowed 11 month point. Being a couple? We personally have no interest in the new Copper Creek offerings.

Kerri

I think Copper Creek will be higher points per night. You'll pay a premium for "main building" and "newer". It will be interesting to see if there are club level rooms. Boulder Ridge will be harder to get at 7 months because of the lower points.

Kerri
Disney does theming well so I'm comfortable that part will be fine though I'm sure some will not be happy. I can't imagine they'd be the same given the recent history of BLT, VGF & POLY. As I've noted, my guess is similar to slightly higher than BLT and a little less than Poly but not a lot less. Once they sell the points it's really not an issue who will stay there.

Kerri

I was thinking the same thing. Unless the rooms are distinctly better at the new villas, why would anyone pay more for the same thing? Particularly at the 7 mo mark?

Would a $165-175pp pricing with a 50 year life any better than an old VWL contract at $85-95pp expiring in 2042? If the rooms are pretty much the same (and the shared amenities exactly the same), then what do you think will happen at the 7mo mark if the new villas are more point intensive than the old villas....

Will this make the 7mo mark battle for non home resorts even more competitive?

This will be interesting to watch....

So the old pool at VWL/BR was for the villas but the expanded pool will be for both sets of villas AND the hotel people? That SHOULD mean dues go down for original VWL/BR as others should now be shouldering a good chunk of the cost. Will be interesting to see what happens there.

Also, why do people think that people will be lining up to stay at the original villas? I've never had much trouble outside of Christmastime finding availability at that location. The new pool looks nice but nothing that I can see being a big draw for people.

Also, why do people think that people will be lining up to stay at the original villas? I've never had much trouble outside of Christmastime finding availability at that location. The new pool looks nice but nothing that I can see being a big draw for people.

I think some people are thinking that many will want to check out the new shared facilities but are expecting nightly point requirements of the new CCV units to be higher than the older VWL/BRV units, therefore increasing the demand for the lower priced units; slightly similar to how the lower priced standard view, value, etc. rooms seem to book up the fastest at the other resorts. I'm sure there are also many that will want to actually stay in one of the new CCV units, regardless of the anticipated higher nightly point requirements. Time will tell.

Would a $165-175pp pricing with a 50 year life any better than an old VWL contract at $85-95pp expiring in 2042?
A lot of people aren't aware of resale, remember. Or buy into the "resale will only be able to..." hype/lies. "Resale can't sit with us!"

So the old pool at VWL/BR was for the villas but the expanded pool will be for both sets of villas AND the hotel people?
No, the pool was open to all at Wilderness Lodge, villas or no. It was the "quiet" pool for all guests.

No, the pool was open to all at Wilderness Lodge, villas or no. It was the "quiet" pool for all guests.
I recall at one time there was a sign at the entrance to Hidden Springs pool (when walking over from the main pool) indicating that it was for villa guests only. I haven't stayed at VWL for a few years so perhaps the policy was changed and the sign was removed?

Given that who pays for which pool(s) is something that is covered in the legal documents, a change to allow all guests to use the villas pool would require a change to the cost sharing arrangements, assuming that Hidden Springs was originally for villa guests only. Anyone else remember that sign?

There is an answer to this one :). Boulder Ridge Villas has owners. They have an 11 month booking window. Members of any DVC homed elsewhere (like the SEPARATE Copper Creek DVC) would have a 7 month booking window into Boulder Ridge Villas. The opposite would also be true.

As a consequence? Yes, new Copper Creek DVC owners COULD book at Boulder Ridge - at 7 months. As Boulder Ridge owners have a three month lead on you? We will, if smart, use it. Well, at least my wife and I will :). We always book at our allowed 11 month point. Being a couple? We personally have no interest in the new Copper Creek offerings.
Yes. I will be using my window for sure!
I think Copper Creek will be higher points per night. You'll pay a premium for "main building" and "newer". It will be interesting to see if there are club level rooms. Boulder Ridge will be harder to get at 7 months because of the lower points.
It's like they are trying to do Jambo/Kidani but they were the same. "WLV" is much closer than Kidani.....so those rooms are gonna have to be amazing!!!
Disney does theming well so I'm comfortable that part will be fine though I'm sure some will not be happy. I can't imagine they'd be the same given the recent history of BLT, VGF & POLY. As I've noted, my guess is similar to slightly higher than BLT and a little less than Poly but not a lot less. Once they sell the points it's really not an issue who will stay there.
I'm thinking these rooms will have to be amazing to pay a higher premium for basically the same thing.

I was thinking the same thing. Unless the rooms are distinctly better at the new villas, why would anyone pay more for the same thing? Particularly at the 7 mo mark?

Would a $165-175pp pricing with a 50 year life any better than an old VWL contract at $85-95pp expiring in 2042? If the rooms are pretty much the same (and the shared amenities exactly the same), then what do you think will happen at the 7mo mark if the new villas are more point intensive than the old villas....

Will this make the 7mo mark battle for non home resorts even more competitive?

This will be interesting to watch....
Exactly.
I am so happy I bought DVC after my 1st WL trip. I saw how much I loved it and how expensive it was. When I see the current pricing.....combined with actual room rates:scared:
Yikes....there is now way I would be able to take all of the amazing trips I have in the very comfortable accomodations. I am sooooo psyched about my upcoming
Grand Californian and Aulani trip this summer:cloud9: I have so far (insert knock on wood smilie) been very lucky at the 7month mark.
Kerri

I'm thinking these rooms will have to be amazing to pay a higher premium for basically the same thing.
I think it's 100% certainty they would not have done this for the same points and same price. Look how much higher Poly & VGF are than BLT. When they added SSR, in some ways the same thing as OKW and in some ways less, the points were higher both in points chart and in price and it sold. And it's not really going to be the same thing, it'll be different likely better in some ways and not in others. And there will almost certainly be those that don't like it nearly as well as the current resort there. Want to wager a dinner for 2 at Artist Point that it'll be at least 20% higher points for the same category size?

I think it's 100% certainty they would not have done this for the same points and same price. Look how much higher Poly & VGF are than BLT. When they added SSR, in some ways the same thing as OKW and in some ways less, the points were higher both in points chart and in price and it sold. And it's not really going to be the same thing, it'll be different likely better in some ways and not in others. And there will almost certainly be those that don't like it nearly as well as the current resort there. Want to wager a dinner for 2 at Artist Point that it'll be at least 20% higher points for the same category size?

LOL.:-)
But I just don't get what will be the big draw. It is 2 separate DVC "resorts" on the same property. Unless the rooms feel more luxurious, great views etc, I don't see the value.
I'm just happy I bought in a while ago. I think I will still be a very happy "WLV" owner but I don't ever see me paying more points to stay at Copper Ridge. OK....maybe just to check every single "DVC" off of the list.
Unless they have a "copper creek only area". But it seems it will all be shared.
Can't wait to see final product though.
Kerri

LOL.:-)
But I just don't get what will be the big draw. It is 2 separate DVC "resorts" on the same property. Unless the rooms feel more luxurious, great views etc, I don't see the value.
I'm just happy I bought in a while ago. I think I will still be a very happy "WLV" owner but I don't ever see me paying more points to stay at Copper Ridge. OK....maybe just to check every single "DVC" off of the list.
Unless they have a "copper creek only area". But it seems it will all be shared.
Can't wait to see final product though.
Kerri
It may not be for you and it may not be for me, but it will for someone and it really doesn't matter, all that matters is what is it priced and will they sell it. Effectively you're saying they can't sell it if it's not over the top, they sold SSR and are selling Aulani and Poly, they'll sell it no matter the situation. Now they might have to escalate their sales techniques at some point to do so but they haven't really done so yet. They'll play on it being newer, in the lodge instead of out back, longer life span, whatever differences there are whether we see them as plus or minus, etc. They would not have done this if they weren't certain they could sell it at todays prices and at a higher points level. It's been a while and I've gotten in trouble a couple of times with certain people when I said this, but IMO, VWL should have been LOWER points than BCV & BWV when one compares overall and it wasn't and it sold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter