Considering calling Bay Lake Tower to make a room request

simpilotswife

DIS Veteran
We are staying at Bay Lake Tower in a week and I was considering calling for a room request. I've never done that before....has anyone called them to make a room request?

I didn’t realize you could call, I thought room requests had to be faxed in or listed on your reservation in the MDE app - I can’t remember what the “field” is called.

You cannot call the resort directly. You will get central reservations. They may lie and tell you it is BLT but it is an off site call center.

Note that if you are staying on points you have to call DVC Member Services to make a request, and they won't talk to you unless you are a member.

There's no way to call a Disney resort directly; all calls to the published resort numbers go to a call center. Which in your case is OK, because they can add your request to your reservation.

Well, let me amend that. If you booked through Disney - a "cash reservation" as opposed to DVC points, you can call and get transferred to the call center, or just call the main reservation line.

If you're a DVC member and you booked with your own points, you would call DVC Member Services with your requests. If you rented points for your stay, the member who made your reservation will have to call Member Services for you. They will only speak with the owner of the points.

Just an FYI, over many years of trips, I have been told that requests are first come, first served. It is always best to tell reservations of your request when you book your trip.

The requests for BLT are fierce if you have a lake view... there are few "lake view" rooms that you can see the MK from in the grand scheme of it.. if you request an even room number this will be your best chances but you can also end up facing CR. If you have a standard view you will be on a low floor and or have a perfect view of the side of CR and the road. If you are DVC? the best and easiest view is from the lounge. I have always requested a high floor when staying there and nothing else as that is what is most important to us. If facing the MK is what you are after I strongly suggest to ask if they have availability and pay or put the points towards the difference.... it is just not worth stressing about getting something you want when it is not really part of the view you booked... but always nice when you get it but this has become very rare and very competitive.... You can bet there will be people checking in early with a list of what they want with knowledge of the layout and asking for (demanding) a room change.

Just wanted to say that our first BLT trip we had lake view facing the Contemporary and loved it, requested it for our next trip and ended up being placed in an inner lake view facing the pool instead. We were disappointed but ended up loving that too! To be honest, I think the partial MK view lake views are the least appealing to us. Lake view at BLT has a lot of great options, in my opinion at least. We like watching fireworks from the bridge and find there’s so many great spots to see MK front BLT (like staring out the window while waiting for the elevator lol) that we don’t care if we get the coveted partial MK lake view rooms.

our last trip to disneyworld was BLT. Every cast member was extemely polite all thru the trip as they were 'apologizing' for one mess up after another. It was the most infuriating trip we've had in the 30 straight years we went. I also literally forced central answering to patch me thru directly to BLT because i kept getting different answers to a question i had. It did me no good because the desk ended up being wrong also.

Last year, we faxed in our request and we got our room request exactly (one of the few standard views with firework views) and they even set up an amazing white chocolate Micky statue and chocolate covered strawberries for my son’s birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter