Connecting Staterooms = Two reservations

Bibbidi_Boo

DIS Veteran
How does booking Palo, excursions and such work? So each since have to have an adult in each room for booking purpuses how does booking palo for my husband and I work? Do we have to book separate and pick same time? I am so confused on how this all works since its consider two reservations. We are both platinum.

How does booking Palo, excursions and such work? So each since have to have an adult in each room for booking purpuses how does booking palo for my husband and I work? Do we have to book separate and pick same time? I am so confused on how this all works since its consider two reservations. We are both platinum.
Reservations must be linked. Then, at the 120 day mark (I think?), only one person has to log in and they can see all members of both rooms.

We've done this multiple times at Silver when we're a group of 4 reservations. We're all linked, and I can log in and add anyone in the 4 rooms to an activity (as long as they qualify).

Also, obviously can't mix and match levels (at Platinum access, you can't add people in a Silver room to an activity) but since both rooms are Plat it will be fine (as long as they are linked).

Reservations must be linked. Then, at the 120 day mark (I think?), only one person has to log in and they can see all members of both rooms.

We've done this multiple times at Silver when we're a group of 4 reservations. We're all linked, and I can log in and add anyone in the 4 rooms to an activity (as long as they qualify).

Also, obviously can't mix and match levels (at Platinum access, you can't add people in a Silver room to an activity) but since both rooms are Plat it will be fine (as long as they are linked).

The DCL rep linked both of them at booking (which was today), but she said we would have to do separate online check ins and port arrival times.

The DCL rep linked both of them at booking (which was today), but she said we would have to do separate online check ins and port arrival times.
You do have to check in each room separately. I had check in going on his phone for the room he was in as I was also checking in on my phone for the room I was in. At your activity’s booking window at 120 day for platinum you will see all the guests in all the linked rooms and can select them like the poster above said. We had three rooms (2 for our family & one for friends sailing with us) and I could see everyone to pick activities for that were platinum. My friends showed up but I couldn’t book for them because we were at a higher castaway level. They booked palo as close to our time when their window opened and we combined reservations upstairs at the Palo/Remy desk once we got onboard.

This is true and usually it shouldn't be too much of an issue to get the same PAT. We hit a snag at our online check-in time such that DH's room got a 10:45am PAT but my room got a 11:00am PAT. We all showed up for 10:45am and were allowed in (we are a family of 5, so we were all travelling together)

So if both rooms are linked we don’t have to go to Palo together right. They can have their own reservation correct? We are both Platinum. I’m sure my son would like to take his fiancee without us.…lol

We would get a free one or do we all have to go together to get one free?

For a room with a Platinum, everyone in that room gets a Palo $45 meal credit (I believe while dining together).

Your son and fiancée will need to be Platinum or dining with the qualifying same-room guest.

Need someone to verify.
My son is Platinum , will be in the second room.

edit : Asked my husband and he said they have a different reservation number even though we booked it. So he probably can do his own thing.

It is a weird mix. Booking stuff for the rooms (decorations, etc) is done for each one separately, but linked reservations have the following:

-You can book port excursions/activities for all members
-You are by default sat together at dining
-They will not separate the two groups (eg: if you requested early dining, they would only give it to you if all rooms would fit, unless otherwise specified)
-While check-in is separate, the Port Arrival Times are typically linked.

Reactions: NAB
While check-in is separate, the Port Arrival Times are typically linked.

PATs are not linked. We had a different PAT and boarding group from our friends whose stateroom was linked to ours. We were able to get them to give us the same PAT/boarding group when we checked in since we were arriving together in the same car but we had to ask and they had to check before allowing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!