Connecting rooms

eeudj

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, question... I am booking a trip in January for my family of 4 DH, DS(20), DD(22) and myself. I would like to see if any of the value resorts have connecting rooms, and what are the chances of getting assigned the same. I know there are suites available, but looking at all options.

TIA!!!!!!!

All buildings in the Values have some Connecting Rooms so your chances are reasonably good if that is your only request.

I would advise you to avoid the All Star Music if connecting rooms are important. Many of them were turned into the family suites, so ASMu has fewer connecting rooms than the rest of the value resorts.

Cheaper than possibly connecting Value rooms would be one Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans Riverside room that sleeps five. If somebody is short or sleeps curled up on a side.

touringplans.com has descriptions of each room including whether or not they are connecting. You could check there.

We have had pretty good luck with getting connecting rooms at Pop for our family of 4 adults. There have only been a few times the request wasn’t honored (out of many stays).

Yes there are connecting rooms.
You can call and request that they be connecting or at least adjoining.
They will do their best.
Any time I've asked for connecting or adjoining at a value I've gotten it.
I've also gotten a connecting room when it was not necessary because I only rented one room. (You'd think they would try to save them for the people that do rent multiple rooms).
I would definitely choose 2 rooms vs a suite in your situation.

touringplans.com has descriptions of each room including whether or not they are connecting. You could check there.

Unfortunately it is not always right. I sent an e-mail to them as I was having trouble finding any rooms that connect at CSR. They told me that part of their listings is not always complete.

Cheaper than possibly connecting Value rooms would be one Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans Riverside room that sleeps five. If somebody is short or sleeps curled up on a side.

A valid option, but I will caution that the murphy beds at the moderate resorts that sleep 5 are smaller than a twin size bed, and only slightly larger than a crib mattress. They are meant for children under 12, but a very tiny adult would likely fit as mentioned. While it may be cheaper than two value rooms, the price difference could be negligible once you factor in two extra adult charges per night for one room at a moderate. And two value rooms would give you extra space and an extra bathroom. OP would just have to be ok with possibly not receiving connecting rooms if the request cannot be granted. Being that everyone is over 18, I'd think it could be lower priority. In our experience with four adults over 18, we had rooms next door to each other but they weren't connecting.

so you are saying a family of 6.... 2 adults 4 children that they would split up the parents because it is a request and not guarantee connecting rooms?

only
A valid option, but I will caution that the murphy beds at the moderate resorts that sleep 5 are smaller than a twin size bed, and only slightly larger than a crib mattress. They are meant for children under 12, but a very tiny adult would likely fit as mentioned. While it may be cheaper than two value rooms, the price difference could be negligible once you factor in two extra adult charges per night for one room at a moderate. And two value rooms would give you extra space and an extra bathroom. OP would just have to be ok with possibly not receiving connecting rooms if the request cannot be granted. Being that everyone is over 18, I'd think it could be lower priority. In our experience with four adults over 18, we had rooms next door to each other but they weren't connecting.

murphy beds only good for approx. 100pounds ..so don't let the age be the factor.. have had issues of actually coming off the wall

so you are saying a family of 6.... 2 adults 4 children that they would split up the parents because it is a request and not guarantee connecting rooms?
Yes. If connecting rooms aren't available and the family has chosen not to avail themselves of the many available 6(+) person rentals - Family Suites, FW Cabins or tent camping, DVC two-bedroom villas, possibly suites at some hotels - yes, the adults would have to sleep in separate rooms.

so I should not trust them when they assured me this weekend that they DO NOT split up a set of parents?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter