Connecticut DVC Owners thread?

That's tough. Fun question though!
Depends on the type of vacation and the person/people involved for me anyway.
With my DH, it's BV for a busy stay, and now certainly OKW for a relaxing one. Traveling with DS, it's always PVB. With DS & DD together, it's our home, BLT. AKV has its charms too! Tradition and memories of WDW mean a great deal to us, so I try to be sensitive to that in my planning.

#1 OKW
We travel with at least 7 of us and the larger living area/love seat&sleeper chair means we can all sit down together, just like home. Love the Turtle Pond area.
Followed very close by VWL(BRV)/CCV
The resort is just fantastic. Not too big, not too small-just perfect.

PVB is my favorite resort...im big on nostalgia and love being on 7 seas lagoon. However, we do love OKW for relaxation and overall feeling of being away on vacation. On another note, we feel so fortunate to have Elsa greeting us this coming Wednesday at OKW for our first stay as "owners". So thoughtful of her don't you think?

Hard decision but if we had to keep only one of our resorts I guess it would be BLT. It is the first resort we bought, back when it was being sold to the public. Also there is the monorail. If I I had to replace BLT, I would probably replace it with PVB. But we have a lot of family memories at SSR though, so that is up there too.

So all you Connecticut DVCers, what’s your favorite resort?
For pure luxury and a walk-in shower that fits 20, its the Villas at GF.
However, being frugal with points, my original home resort favorite was BCV (along with SAB) until they removed the fans and jacuzzi. Now I book at BCV, but then at the 7th month try to book at BWV so I can lay on a bed with the fans blowing on me at night and soak in their zacuzzi after a long day at the parks. But either BCV or BWV is great for the location as DW and I love to sample the goodies (pastries, pizza, restaurants ) along the Boardwalk and walk to Epcot or Hollywood Studios.

So all you Connecticut DVCers, what’s your favorite resort?
I love the shower at VGF and the TVs in the mirrors. But the two bedroom just wasn’t my cup of tea; the living area felt so cramped to me. I definitely like BLT but it is so busy. Riviera is a family favorite (and home; we did a quick two night stay there last week) and we all like the laid back feel of OKW (also home). I think OKW will creep up once our kids can carry their own luggage up stairs. For now, DH likes it but he is always the one moving our luggage, which drops it just to a like instead of a love.

PVB is my favorite resort...im big on nostalgia and love being on 7 seas lagoon. However, we do love OKW for relaxation and overall feeling of being away on vacation. On another note, we feel so fortunate to have Elsa greeting us this coming Wednesday at OKW for our first stay as "owners". So thoughtful of her don't you think?
Oh man, so sorry about Elsa. Hope she doesn’t dampen your trip plans! (Poor pun intended)

Hello from Southington CT. We have been members since 1995 and own at AKV & OKW. DW and I usually drive down in January and take the auto-train back in March. We usually stay in a studio for a month at our home resorts and then rent off property for a month and a half, close to Disney. This way we get to do two festivals at Disney and enjoy central Florida and all its attractions as well. So looking forward to next January 2022 because we had to skip this year.

Hello from Southington CT. We have been members since 1995 and own at AKV & OKW. DW and I usually drive down in January and take the auto-train back in March. We usually stay in a studio for a month at our home resorts and then rent off property for a month and a half, close to Disney. This way we get to do two festivals at Disney and enjoy central Florida and all its attractions as well. So looking forward to next January 2022 because we had to skip this year.
Lucky Ducks!!!! I want to do a month in a one bedroom to see how it feels, but we're not at that time in life where it's possible. We just fell in love with OKW last month, and with the points chart there that will be the place to try it. Must be nice to wake up and see wild animals every day tho at AKV! Good on you for thinking ahead and purchasing so many points!

Lucky Ducks!!!! I want to do a month in a one bedroom to see how it feels, but we're not at that time in life where it's possible. We just fell in love with OKW last month, and with the points chart there that will be the place to try it. Must be nice to wake up and see wild animals every day tho at AKV! Good on you for thinking ahead and purchasing so many points!
Lorri, if you are ever able to accumulate enough points to do 1 month in a 1BR, hats off to you! You will be eligible to be member of the 1000 point club (there are no perks other than bragging rights - and the top 2 people have over 5400 points - HOA fees - at least $27,000 per year - would scare the heck out of me at that level). About 142 people belong out of several hundred thousand DVC members. I have 300 points and that seems to be enough for me and DW where we can arrange at least two visits a year for 6 days each.
Actually, the top point holder, Agie65, lives in Southeast CT according to his/her profile. Guess he/she does very well at Foxwoods haha.

Last edited:
I’m all over the place with my favorite resort. Love to stay at BWV a bunch of reasons. BLT if spending time in Magic Kingdom and the fireworks from a TPV are the best. Always a fan of Wilderness Lodge and after staying in a cabin at CCV last year I’m hooked. Probably have spent the most time at VB. Can’t beat walking the beach watching those sunrises. Hoping to see some sea turtle tracks during my stay in 2 weeks. Also enjoy SSR when I’ve traveled down for spring training with my buddies, just got to get them to want to go golfing while we’re there

Norther FFld County here. Direct owners at CC, finally secured a reservation there last May and covid cancelled it. We have driven several times when the kids were little and in 2019 for out sons DFTW, we had all the important wedding stuff, didn't want to trust shipping. We are hoping to go this summer but its just so freekin hot. LOL

I need to throw this out there…
I’ve traveled many places, and perhaps the best restaurant I’ve ever experienced, and certainly THEE best prime rib on the planet, is a Hartford restaurant called Chowder Pot IV. I believe Chowder Pot IIV is in Branford, but that is not rated quite as good.
BTW, try the Poppy John Shrimp. It’s to die for.

I need to throw this out there…
I’ve traveled many places, and perhaps the best restaurant I’ve ever experienced, and certainly THEE best prime rib on the planet, is a Hartford restaurant called Chowder Pot IV. I believe Chowder Pot IIV is in Branford, but that is not rated quite as good.
BTW, try the Poppy John Shrimp. It’s to die for.
I love the Chowder Pot III in Branford, so I'll have to try the one in Hartford. Thanks for the Prime Rib and the shrimp recommendation, I'd definitely like to get that.

I just read the article on WDW News Today that Disneyland Paris just instituted a per ride fast pass called Disney Premier Access ranging from about $9 to $17 per person per ride (converted from Euros). If they do this for WDW, early and late magic hours will be more attractive. For the average family of four, that is a huge additional cost.

I just read the article on WDW News Today that Disneyland Paris just instituted a per ride fast pass called Disney Premier Access ranging from about $9 to $17 per person per ride (converted from Euros). If they do this for WDW, early and late magic hours will be more attractive. For the average family of four, that is a huge additional cost.
It’s shocking how much these trips are as it is…but….(sigh) I will pay for these passes just like a lot of people will and Disney knows it…they want their money back from the last year plus of losses.

Fairfield County here. Have been owners since 2000ish??? Our home resort is HHI which we love. We are one of those people that don't mind using our points for other vacations besides WDW. We've been on 3 Disney cruises (including a Med), a river cruise and traded our points many times to go other places. We will, however, be going to WDW in Sept. for the first time in 11 years with our adult children and doing a split 2br stay at BC and GF; both of which we've always wanted to stay. Very, very excited -- especially since the "kids" can pay their own way. ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!