• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Connecticut DVC Owners thread?

My dh & I have contemplated using Avelo out of Tweed since we're in Wallingford. One of the worries is parking. At Bradley we have our go to spot but I'm not sure what the parking availability is like st Tweed.

Booked a trip in July out of Westchester on JetBlue and returning on Avelo. Reason is that there are no good time returning on JetBlue and JetBlue now flies out of Terminal C (also called 3). Since I'm renting a car which as far as I know you have to go to Terminal A/B, did not want to drop the car off there and then take a shuttle to C. I picked up DW at JetBlue at MCO several weeks ago and it is a bit away from A/B and just did not want to go through the hassle. Avelo flies out of A so easier to drop off the car and walk to A. And I was not aware of being able to rent a car out of C so if I'm wrong about that please correct me. Actually I don't know if Mears Connect stops at C for pickup to WDW.

Booked a trip in July out of Westchester on JetBlue and returning on Avelo. Reason is that there are no good time returning on JetBlue and JetBlue now flies out of Terminal C (also called 3). Since I'm renting a car which as far as I know you have to go to Terminal A/B, did not want to drop the car off there and then take a shuttle to C. I picked up DW at JetBlue at MCO several weeks ago and it is a bit away from A/B and just did not want to go through the hassle. Avelo flies out of A so easier to drop off the car and walk to A. And I was not aware of being able to rent a car out of C so if I'm wrong about that please correct me. Actually I don't know if Mears Connect stops at C for pickup to WDW.

Not sure about the car rental, but Mears goes right to Terminal C. We just did this in April flying home on JB and that terminal is awesome. It's gorgeous, there are tons of food options, and best of all, the security line was an absolute breeze to get through...as in there was NO line. I just said this in another thread, but this makes me want to always book Jet Blue instead of Southwest.

We rented a car for our trip and were told we pick it up at terminal C. I believe that C has all the same ammenties as A and B.

Not sure about the car rental, but Mears goes right to Terminal C. We just did this in April flying home on JB and that terminal is awesome. It's gorgeous, there are tons of food options, and best of all, the security line was an absolute breeze to get through...as in there was NO line. I just said this in another thread, but this makes me want to always book Jet Blue instead of Southwest.
Were you the only ones going to C or were other families too? We just got back this past weekend and flew Jetblue home and Mears dropped us off at their normal dropoff (B maybe?) I asked the driver about us being Jetblue and Terminal C but he didn't say much at all, just that this was drop off. Wasn't a big deal since they picked us up 4 hours before our flight so we had plenty of time to kill, and like you said, there was no line at TSA at all. I did really enjoy the Terminal and it does make me want to fly JetBlue over Southwest as well, if only they had more flights available.

Were you the only ones going to C or were other families too? We just got back this past weekend and flew Jetblue home and Mears dropped us off at their normal dropoff (B maybe?) I asked the driver about us being Jetblue and Terminal C but he didn't say much at all, just that this was drop off.

That's really strange because our driver asked which airline we were all flying and two families (us and one other) answered Jet Blue, he said, "ok, we'll drop off at Terminal C and then B." I purposely chose Mears for this reason because I didn't want my elderly mom walking all that way.

That's really strange because our driver asked which airline we were all flying and two families (us and one other) answered Jet Blue, he said, "ok, we'll drop off at Terminal C and then B." I purposely chose Mears for this reason because I didn't want my elderly mom walking all that way.
Maybe depends on the driver. Our driver heading to WDW was very talkative and cracking jokes along the drive however on the way back to the airport that driver only asked for the name on the reservation and that was it, don't think I heard him say another word. It was fine for us though, I would still use Mears again, but I do hope other families in similar situations as yours get the same experience you did.

Hello, just found this thread - hooray! We are on the shoreline in CT and I’ve always wanted to connect with fellow nutmeg DVCers.

We are flying Breeze to Vero for the first time this fall. I am trying to learn more about Avis rental car drop off there. Is it at the airport or do I need transport from Avis to the airport. Reviews of Avis office there are terrible, so I’m trying to just be prepared as much as possible.

Oh also, is there somewhere on this thread that lists where, generally speaking, everyone is from in CT? Kind of like the ROFR post at the beginning of that thread?

Oh also, is there somewhere on this thread that lists where, generally speaking, everyone is from in CT? Kind of like the ROFR post at the beginning of that thread?
Not sure but we are also on the shoreline. There are quite a few DVC owners I know in the Clinton/Haddam/Killingworth area.

I haven’t seen anywhere. I’m originally from central CT but now I live just north of New Haven

Fun! I live in that area as well. Has there ever been a local meetup?
There hasn’t but it could be great! The people I know are simply people I happen to know in real life through friends or through the kids’ school activities but it could be fun to do something like that!

I haven’t met any DVC folks in my town. Well, if anyone decides to gather in our area I would be interested.

DD18 and I just returned from WDW on Thursday. Flew to MCO from Tweed on Monday. We live less than 20 minutes away so it is so easy to get there. They were having some type of issue with tsa as there were long lines for some reason. They had flights leaving at 7,730,8 and 830. We were leaving at 830 and they kept coming by to check if anyone was on the earlier flights.
We had precheck so thankfully breezed on by. While waiting for our flight, we saw many people running to the gate for the 730 flight(the workers were told to expect a rush since tsa was held up) When we boarded they apologized for the tsa issues.

This is our second time flying out of tweed and there looks like there is plenty of parking. Lot A might fill up but the others seemed wide open. I love the confidence of tweed but will still alternate between JetBlue, Southwest and Avelo based on times/prices.

Dh, the little kids and I will head down to Legoland/Universal the end of June. We fly down on Jetblue and home on SW. I am really looking forward to seeing Termimal C.

As far as our trip went, it wasn’t my favorite Disney trip. Lots of rain, DD was miserable and ended up not feeling great for a day and a half of our 3 days trip. We cancelled a lot of plans like my GF massage, her mani/pedi, Narcossee and a few other meals. We also missed our MK morning and all our paid lightening lanes so she could rest.

Thankfully, we were at VGF which is my favorite place so I was happy to be there. Such pretty rooms and everyone was so nice. Had a great breakfast at GFC on checkout morning and loved watching everyone start their day at Disney through the windows. No more WDW trips on the horizon until Thanksgiving 2024. Going to try to make it down on Thanksgiving (something we’ve never done) and leave for a Disney cruise that weekend.

No more WDW trips on the horizon until Thanksgiving 2024. Going to try to make it down on Thanksgiving (something we’ve never done) and leave for a Disney cruise that weekend.
Thanksgiving at WDW is my favorite! I hope you absolutely love it as much as I do.

We’ve done it for 3 Thanksgivings in a row. This will be the first year we don’t do it. Unfortunately, with both kids in full year all star cheer, they just cannot miss practices for vacations outside of the summer. So Thanksgiving trips for us are sadly out until they give that up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter