Confused how dining credits work

rachael95

DIS Veteran
I'm confused how dining credits work.

Are the credits a pool that DH and I can pull from so that if we're staying 5 nights, we have 10 credits, or is it assigned to each of us that he has 5 and I have 5.

What I'm wondering is, let's say we decided to eat at Le Cellier. Could we ask that his meal (probably the more expensive meal) be taken off with 2 dining credits and pay oop for my meal? And would that leave us with 8 of our 10 credits or would that leave us with him having 3 credits and me having 5 credits? Or do they require that both of us either pay oop or both use credits and not allowed to split how we pay?

Thanks!

You will have a pool of credits - so if you have the regular dining plan for 5 nights for 2 of you it will include - 10 TS credits, 10 CS credits and 10 snack credits.

You can use these however you wish - if you want to pay OOP for a meal you can do so - one other option though is to eat breakfast in your room, have a snack on the day you eat at a signature restaurant either paying out of pocket or using a snack credits, use 2 TS credits each for the signature meal. That day you do not use your CS. Then, one day don't do a TS but use a CS for lunch and CS for dinner.

My daughter and I find that we just have too much to eat when we are on the dining plan so having a day where we have a snack and a big meal we don't feel as full.

If you want to pay OOP for a meal just let your server know when you order. You'll get 2 separate bills. You can also opt to split meals if you want to. That's what we have done.

Thanks both of you. I hadn't thought about being able to use a CS for two meals in a day, but that's a good idea. Really, I think it is going to end up being too much food but at least we'll not have to THINK about it. And that's worth something right there.

You're welcome. Also if you haven't checked out my 2013 Confirmed Snacks thread you should. It lists all items that have been confirmed as Snack Items. I also have a new Snack photo thread as well. Both links are in my siggy.

Happy Dining!

You're welcome. Also if you haven't checked out my 2013 Confirmed Snacks thread you should. It lists all items that have been confirmed as Snack Items. I also have a new Snack photo thread as well. Both links are in my siggy.

Happy Dining!

Yes, I did check that out. I didn't connect that that was you though. Thank you for going through all that work. I actually bookmarked that thread to copy the info for when we go down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter