Concierge/Club Level Information - Part II (Sept 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't actually stay in one but originally for our December reservation we had one reserved and got a tour of one, so this is what I remember.

1) You need to take the elevator that goes back into the main building when going to the 4th floor, then make the walk all the way to the lounge.

2) Once again you need to take the same elevator to the 2nd floor where the lobby is and go out that way to the Boardwalk area.

3) I am not sure about that one.

4) The fridges are always empty when you check-in so you can place whatever items you have in there.

5) Their ADR system is the exact same as everywhere else in WDW and they don't have any more access to harder ADR's and etc, so if a place is sold out then there is nothing which can be done.

Thanks!

Just to add re. ADRs :goodvibes The CMs at the BWI CL (the actual lounge/desk CMs) were able to get me into Flying Fish two nights whereas the Disney Dining ADR system was showing no availability - they called one of the managers who said 'no problem' and where did I want to sit (i.e. kitchen/bar/table). :thumbsup2

Just to add re. ADRs :goodvibes The CMs at the BWI CL (the actual lounge/desk CMs) were able to get me into Flying Fish two nights whereas the Disney Dining ADR system was showing no availability - they called one of the managers who said 'no problem' and where did I want to sit (i.e. kitchen/bar/table). :thumbsup2
I forgot to mention that one of the BWI CL Cast Members told me if a guest needed a last minute ADR at a restaurant located at the Boardwalk then that's something they should be able to get, because they said when logging onto the ADR system it see's they are doing it from the Innkeeper's Club lounge and they have easier access to their own restaurants.

We are staying at BWI and wanted to know if it is okay to bring our own wine to the lounge. I mean like in the afternoon if we wanted to sit in the lounge to relax and want our own wine. Would this be rude?

Also, we love mimosas and were wanting to know if it is okay to bring champagne to mix with OJ in the mornings.

I was just there and my niece and 3 of her friends joined us for the weekend of the Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon. They brough their own wine into the lounge and made mimosas with a bottle of champagne given to them by a friend on Sunday morning!!

:upsidedow
Keep forgetting to post this...Had a great stay at YC CL for Wine & DIne Half Marathon..pre race..;)

THis was our balcony...we were pretty close to the lounge...the chocolate milk never tasted better morning after the race..or hours after the race...
ycclbalcony.jpg

We could have had our own After Party here!

:upsidedow
Keep forgetting to post this...Had a great stay at YC CL for Wine & DIne Half Marathon..pre race..;)

THis was our balcony...we were pretty close to the lounge...the chocolate milk never tasted better morning after the race..or hours after the race...
ycclbalcony.jpg

We could have had our own After Party here!

Wow, that is some balcony!

Wow, that is some balcony!

Shhhh, don't tell anybody but that balcony is shared by 4 rooms!! Which was actually a little creepy!!! :eek:

:rotfl:

One last appeal for someone to start a new CL thread. This one will be closing soon and I just don't have the time (or desire) to start a new one. Volunteers? You can start the new thread and post the link here before the Mods close this one. :flower3:

Shhhh, don't tell anybody but that balcony is shared by 4 rooms!! Which was actually a little creepy!!! :eek:

:rotfl:

]
The nice part was no one was out there...but can you say voyeurism....:scared1: ewww...:rotfl2:
It was nice for pre race photos though! :rolleyes1

I'm stuck, I'm absolutely stuck. We are staying CL on our next stay, that part I know, but I just can't decide where to stay. I've pro-conned all of them, and they all have equal plusses and minuses, and of the three of us going, we each have a different favorite. I've narrowed it down to 3:

Boardwalk CL
Contemporary CL
Poly CL

We stayed at the Poly on our last stay and loved it. I loved how relaxing it was, and we already know where everything is there, huge plus. The other huge plus is the lounge's proximity to the pool, we could run in and out for our afternoon libations as opposed to paying for them at the pool bar. But my husband doesn't care for island/asian food at all, and wouldn't care for the CL snack selections. My daughter wants to stay here.

My husband loves the room decor and the bay lake view pics from the Contemporary. The ability to walk to the MK would be lovely, and the TTC is the first stop after the monorail. The ability to see the fireworks from the CL lounge every night they are held is another great benefit. Plus, it might be nice to stay someplace new. We all agree that the rooms are the best appointed on property, but once again, we've already stayed at a monorail resort. My husband would like to stay here.

We love the WS at Epcot, it was our favorite part of our whole trip, and we love to eat and drink. :thumbsup2 The Flying Fish is my favorite restaraunt at Disney as well. The rooms at the Boardwalk look almost as lovely as the ones at the Contemporary. The ESPN Club and the microbrewery would be a huge draw for my hubby. And the ability to walk to two parks is awesome! However, I kind of hate the clown slide at the pool, and I'm afraid that we would miss a beach for relaxing, like at the Poly. But push come to shove, I would like to stay here for location and dining options alone.

:eek: I'm tearing my hair out here, I can't decide! :eek:

We just returned from our first Concierge/CL stay at the Poly and can say we are definitely hooked. We too enjoyed ourselves so much that we're already planning our return in May!! We thoroughly enjoyed our balcony (were on the 3rd floor) and very much enjoyed watching Wishes and just sitting out on the balcony.

Our room was a TPV and we didn't notice anything in need of repair in the room. The only thing we noticed was build up on the shower head in the bathroom, however, one day as we were heading down to the lounge, we noticed maintenance people allocating new shower heads to each room (placing them by the doors) - although this was towards the beginning of our stay, the shower head wasn't changed during our stay in the room.

The lounge was always spotless (messes left by previous guests were always cleaned up quickly) and the food and drink choices offered in the lounge were most delicious. We even came home with the recipe for the Ku'ulei Special punch they serve (so yummy!!)

Thanks for the review. We are doing Club level at the Poly next month for the first time. Previously we did CL at the GF and I was a little concerned that the Poly CL might not be up to the high standards of the GF CL. Your review was just what I needed to hear about the Poly CL.

:cool1:

We just booked a Feb 2011 trip for BWI CL. Can't wait as this will be our first CL stay. :banana:

I am a little nervous about trying someplace new. We had originally booked Poly CL, but switched to BWI mainly due to all the great reviews. Hopefully this thread continues so us newbies can keep learning!:thumbsup2

:cool1:

We just booked a Feb 2011 trip for BWI CL. Can't wait as this will be our first CL stay. :banana:

I am a little nervous about trying someplace new. We had originally booked Poly CL, but switched to BWI mainly due to all the great reviews. Hopefully this thread continues so us newbies can keep learning!:thumbsup2

I think you'll love BWI CL. :banana: We stayed there last year for the first time. The CM's are so nice, friendly and helpful. We so enjoyed the snacks in the lounge-especially the chocolate covered strawberries. We had the best vacation! We're going back this year, and DH is looking forward to our stay there as much as I am. We have family in Florida, so the first part of our vacation will be having fun with family. Then, it's just the two of us :lovestruc when we move to BWI CL. :cloud9:

I'm stuck, I'm absolutely stuck. We are staying CL on our next stay, that part I know, but I just can't decide where to stay. I've pro-conned all of them, and they all have equal plusses and minuses, and of the three of us going, we each have a different favorite. I've narrowed it down to 3:

Boardwalk CL
Contemporary CL
Poly CL

We stayed at the Poly on our last stay and loved it. I loved how relaxing it was, and we already know where everything is there, huge plus. The other huge plus is the lounge's proximity to the pool, we could run in and out for our afternoon libations as opposed to paying for them at the pool bar. But my husband doesn't care for island/asian food at all, and wouldn't care for the CL snack selections. My daughter wants to stay here.

My husband loves the room decor and the bay lake view pics from the Contemporary. The ability to walk to the MK would be lovely, and the TTC is the first stop after the monorail. The ability to see the fireworks from the CL lounge every night they are held is another great benefit. Plus, it might be nice to stay someplace new. We all agree that the rooms are the best appointed on property, but once again, we've already stayed at a monorail resort. My husband would like to stay here.

We love the WS at Epcot, it was our favorite part of our whole trip, and we love to eat and drink. :thumbsup2 The Flying Fish is my favorite restaraunt at Disney as well. The rooms at the Boardwalk look almost as lovely as the ones at the Contemporary. The ESPN Club and the microbrewery would be a huge draw for my hubby. And the ability to walk to two parks is awesome! However, I kind of hate the clown slide at the pool, and I'm afraid that we would miss a beach for relaxing, like at the Poly. But push come to shove, I would like to stay here for location and dining options alone.

Not sure I'll be any help as I'm torn as well.:laughing:

Will your DH enjoy the Greek offerings at BWI?

At CR you could rent a cabana by the pool. That sounds so cool.

The rooms are bigger at CR.

I've been to both. CR trip was way too short. I did enjoy CL there and will likely return one day. My last 2 trips were to BWI CL. The lounge is lovely, the CM are wonderful. My next trip is booked at BWI CL-for now.;)

Boardwalk CL
Contemporary CL
Poly CL

I have stayed Club Level at all three resorts and my favorties were the Contemporary and Boardwalk. Now since both resorts are great in their own ways and very different from each other I will give you two options. Choose the one by which park you plan to spend the most time at. If it's the Magic Kingdom go with the Contemporary or Polynesian, however if it's Epcot and Hollywood Studios go with the Boardwalk. Although you do what we did and that was a Club Level split stay with the Contemporary and Boardwalk which I would also highly recommend.

We are currently staying the the BWI Garden Suites. A gorgeous, two-level cottage-like facility with our own fence-enclosed front yard.

The CL staff members are first rate; however, as usual, a few guests are too lazy to return their glasses and dishes a mere 10 feet or less to the return table. Also, a few Cro-Magnon types (with apologies to the Cro-Magnons) entered the Innkeeper's Cub without footwear. And a few wonderful parents failed to monitor their little darlings' "let-me-grab-this-food-item-take-a-bite-and-then-put-it-back" behavior. And, finally, please dress for CL: it is not a swimming pool or a dumpster.

Still, the weather is spectacular, the F&W Festival is superb and Disney magic reigns supreme.

All the best. :thumbsup2

We are currently staying the the BWI Garden Suites. A gorgeous, two-level cottage-like facility with our own fence-enclosed front yard.

The CL staff members are first rate; however, as usual, a few guests are too lazy to return their glasses and dishes a mere 10 feet or less to the return table. Also, a few Cro-Magnon types (with apologies to the Cro-Magnons) entered the Innkeeper's Cub without footwear. And a few wonderful parents failed to monitor their little darlings' "let-me-grab-this-food-item-take-a-bite-and-then-put-it-back" behavior. And, finally, please dress for CL: it is not a swimming pool or a dumpster.

Still, the weather is spectacular, the F&W Festival is superb and Disney magic reigns supreme.

All the best. :thumbsup2
We experienced those same guests at the CR (not so much at the YC) in August!

It's also not a bedroom:mad:. At the CR, an entire family (mom and dad included) ate breakfast in their PJs in the lounge:sad2:, slippers and all. Another family watched Wishes in the lounge in their PJs and slippers, too - even grandma...

Staying concierge at Disney one certainly sees some 'sights' lol I remember one 'lady' walking around the YC lounge bare foot, let's just say she had a toenail fungus problem! :eek:

The only person who sees me in my PJs is just myself and my family - wouldn't want to inflict that on my worst enemy :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter