Complimentary Magicband upgrade

Disbound

Mouseketeer
Yesterday, in my inbox, I received the article by Steven Porter regarding the Complimentary Magicbands Upgrade offer from Disney. I had read the previous article he wrote and was anxiously waiting for the announcement of the date of availability to see if I would be able to take advantage of this wonderful perk. I was pleasantly surprised that my upcoming trip was within Disney’s designated timeframe of up to “six days prior to arrival” availability! So I called Disney, (the website ordering was unavailable)and was told that since my Magicbands had already been processed, and shipped to me, that I was ineligible to take advantage of this perk. Now before folks jump on me and accuse me of “wanting something for nothing”, I totally understand due to the close proximity to our arrival, it would be unfair to expect Disney to ship the Magicbands to me, so I requested they be made available for pick up at my resort upon arrival. I wasn’t looking for a freebie, I was looking to pay the $10 upgrade price for customized bands for my two kids. Again, I was told (very nicely and politely) by the cast member that this was just rolled out yesterday and only available to those who had not yet placed their orders for their upcoming trips.
So let me get this straight.... being a guest who has been a DVC member since 2003, has made their resort reservation nine months ago, made all necessary FastPass reservations for 6 days in the parks, made four ADR’s 120 days ago, purchased park tickets totalling over $1600, purchased tickets to the English Tea Garden Tour, a Mixology Seminar, Epcot concert Series dinner package upgrade and used my Disney Visa relentlessly to have earned $700+ Disney Dollars....whew, take a breath here... that Disney won’t consider allowing me to take advantage of the perk they are offering to buy my kids upgraded MagicBands which is gladly offered to someone choosing to make last minute, six day prior window, plans to Disney World? Come on Disney. Throw me a bone here.... It can’t be the difficulty of linking the band to an existing reservation last minute because I am sure it would gladly be done if I purchased the band for full retail during my stay.
For a company that prides itself on excellent customer service and Pixie Dust, it seems more and more, as of late, that being loyal guests doesn’t seem to be serving us well. Ticket usage limitations and parking charges seem to be more the norm when it comes to Disney policies as of late. Our family has put out thousands of dollars out in advance for this trip, will willingly spend many more dollars on the dinners, lunches, souvenirs etc while at the world, and Disney won’t offer up this little perk? I know, some will say, “well don’t come to WDW if you are so unhappy in the “Happiest Place on Earth”! But it’s the little things in life... and this “little thing” just irked me.

Yesterday, in my inbox, I received the article by Steven Porter regarding the Complimentary Magicbands Upgrade offer from Disney. I had read the previous article he wrote and was anxiously waiting for the announcement of the date of availability to see if I would be able to take advantage of this wonderful perk. I was pleasantly surprised that my upcoming trip was within Disney’s designated timeframe of up to “six days prior to arrival” availability! So I called Disney, (the website ordering was unavailable)and was told that since my Magicbands had already been processed, and shipped to me, that I was ineligible to take advantage of this perk. Now before folks jump on me and accuse me of “wanting something for nothing”, I totally understand due to the close proximity to our arrival, it would be unfair to expect Disney to ship the Magicbands to me, so I requested they be made available for pick up at my resort upon arrival. I wasn’t looking for a freebie, I was looking to pay the $10 upgrade price for customized bands for my two kids. Again, I was told (very nicely and politely) by the cast member that this was just rolled out yesterday and only available to those who had not yet placed their orders for their upcoming trips.
So let me get this straight.... being a guest who has been a DVC member since 2003, has made their resort reservation nine months ago, made all necessary FastPass reservations for 6 days in the parks, made four ADR’s 120 days ago, purchased park tickets totalling over $1600, purchased tickets to the English Tea Garden Tour, a Mixology Seminar, Epcot concert Series dinner package upgrade and used my Disney Visa relentlessly to have earned $700+ Disney Dollars....whew, take a breath here... that Disney won’t consider allowing me to take advantage of the perk they are offering to buy my kids upgraded MagicBands which is gladly offered to someone choosing to make last minute, six day prior window, plans to Disney World? Come on Disney. Throw me a bone here.... It can’t be the difficulty of linking the band to an existing reservation last minute because I am sure it would gladly be done if I purchased the band for full retail during my stay.
For a company that prides itself on excellent customer service and Pixie Dust, it seems more and more, as of late, that being loyal guests doesn’t seem to be serving us well. Ticket usage limitations and parking charges seem to be more the norm when it comes to Disney policies as of late. Our family has put out thousands of dollars out in advance for this trip, will willingly spend many more dollars on the dinners, lunches, souvenirs etc while at the world, and Disney won’t offer up this little perk? I know, some will say, “well don’t come to WDW if you are so unhappy in the “Happiest Place on Earth”! But it’s the little things in life... and this “little thing” just irked me.
I agree...it seems like the effort to take an extra step or two that it would take to make a guest happy ( something that was the norm for Disney not that long ago ) is no longer a priority . I would suggest calling back asap and ask to speak with a supervisor...it can't hurt and you might actually get the result you want . Good luck .

FYI, those upgradeable bands are probably already gone. I don't think they were just limited time but limited availability. We had the opportunity to get them this week. We looked at them on Tuesday, waited til Wednesday so my son's girlfriend could pick one as well and half of what they were offering the day before was already gone.

I’m glad they’ll finally allowing people to upgrade for the price difference. “Please, take my money!”

It’s literally just rolling out though, so I’d forgive them not being able to accommodate it for you so close to your reservation. Heck, I think people whose stays are even farther out aren’t sure how this is going to work between website issues and the shrinking list of bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!