• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Comparing DCL 1-Bdrm Conceirge to RCCL Suite

ScottakaMickey

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I am interested in comments for cruisers who have stayed in both a DCL 1-Bdrm suite and an RCCL suite. We have recently done the 1-Bdrm on the Dream and really enjoy the decor, space, amenties, room, everything. We have only done a Junior Suite on RCCL ships, which doesn't really get full suite previliges, just a larger room, so am curious what others have experienced and what your preference is now that you've done both.

Scott

Let me preface by saying I have not had a junior suite on RCCL but am familiar with them. They are the lowest category on RCCL that offers a tub and in space, I compare the RCCL junior suite to a verandah cabin on Disney. I've sailed in a 1BR suite on the Wonder, and the size is no comparison. As you know, you have two full bathrooms, the larger living area, etc. The price is a separate matter since the junior suite compares evenly - I have found in research - to the DCL verandah. The 1BR is much more but it isn't the same in my opinion.

We have stayed in the Cat T Dream Class. Wow !! , is all I can say.

I tried to find any ancillary benefits to booking a major suite on RCCL, and beside the space I found little. :confused3
I guess I'm clueless - or really wanted DCL - and was blinded. :lmao:
Please link me to the benefits one would receive booking the RS on RCCL as a first timer. ;)
I just tried to investigate what I am admittedly, clueless about, and the RCCL website was down. See - RCCL doesn't want my $. :lmao: Just Kidding, but still, at some point one must follow the signs. And we did just that onto the Fantasy. :thumbsup2

Now on RCCL, the RS rooms look nice, as well as, the aft Aqua theater suites. Both appear sweet, I suppose we would survive those sailing, but .... is it DCL? :rotfl2: JK.

We have a few more sailings on NCL and DCL before we move to RCCL. My kids are still somewhat young. I haven't spent the time at RCCL site to even know what I'm talking about, and have no desire to book said RCCL suites yet. So disregard my inquires into RCCL. :worship:

I apologize now for any facetious RCCL comments, which of course were all obvious and in no way intended to be defamatory. I'm confident when we sail RCCL in the future we will have a blast, as we do on all ships we sail.

What was the topic again? Why am I speaking about RCCL ?
Oh, that's right, OP mentioned it.:lmao:

OP, So much for your question being answered. :lmao:

Happy sailing to all !! No matter which line you choose.
:goodvibes

IMHO, it's like comparing apples to oranges. For me the biggest difference is the availability of the concierge him/herself. On DCL the concierge manager is available at all hours (at least that was our experience); on RCI the concierge has set hours (and actually is available on only certain ship classes). To make it easy, here is a list of concierge amenities directly from RCI's website:
On a Royal Caribbean International® cruise vacation, all guests enjoy friendly and engaging service aboard some of the world's most innovative cruise ships. And guests booked in a Suite (excluding Junior Suites) enjoy even more amenities and personalized service for an exceptional vacation experience. Announcing Royal Caribbean International's new suite program designed to focus on distinctive and personalized service and touch every aspect of the guests' experience from arrival through departure. Suite guests (excluding Junior Suites) will enjoy a myriad of special privileges and upgraded amenities for their cruise, along with Royal Caribbean's world-renowned friendly, engaging and attentive Gold Anchor Service from every member of its staff and crew.

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests Staying in the following suites*:
Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite
Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

*Excludes Junior Suites

Priority check-in
Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships
Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available
Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)
VIP pool deck seating, where available
Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining
Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships
Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids
Complimentary luggage valet service
Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard
Complimentary pressing service on formal night
Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

Q: What amenities are included in the Concierge Club service?
A: Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members of the Crown & Anchor Society and guests reserved in our Suites (excluding Junior Suites) can take advantage of the Concierge Lounge. Available on the Enchantment of the Seas® and all Voyager and Radiance-class ships, Concierge Club guests will receive this complimentary service that provides assistance with any special requests they may have while sailing. As a Concierge Club guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests including:
Personalized stationary available
Continental breakfast served in the Lounge daily from 8am until 10am
Hors d'oeuvres and petit fours served in the Lounge, beginning the second evening, before and after dinner respectively
An honor bar (self service bar with no fee) is available for your convenience
Reservations for Specialty Dining, Explorations Shore Excursions and Barefoot Beach Cabanas
Appointments for the Salon or for Spa Treatments
Assistance with Show Ticketing
Movies and CDs are available to borrow during the hours when the concierge is available
Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering of dinner wine
Business services (assistance with faxing or copying - there is a fee for faxing and copying).
Assistance with arrangement of private parties

A Concierge is available in the Lounge daily from 8:30 am - 11:30 am
and from 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm.

The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests 21 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

Please Note: On Freedom-class ships, Diamond-level and above Crown & Anchor Society members have exclusive access to similar amenities in The Diamond Club. Due to the size of the Lounge, we regret that we cannot honor requests for entrance to friends or relatives of eligible guests.

As for the room itself, RCI has different classes of suites. For instance a Grand Suite has a living area which is part of one large area in the suite and is not separate from the sleeping area, whereas other suites have separate rooms. If you are looking for separated spaces, stay away from the Grand Suite.

Hope this helps!

We have stayed in the Cat T Dream Class. Wow !! , is all I can say.

I tried to find any ancillary benefits to booking a major suite on RCCL, and beside the space I found little. :confused3
I guess I'm clueless - or really wanted DCL - and was blinded. :lmao:
Please link me to the benefits one would receive booking the RS on RCCL as a first timer. ;)
I just tried to investigate what I am admittedly, clueless about, and the RCCL website was down. See - RCCL doesn't want my $. :lmao: Just Kidding, but still, at some point one must follow the signs. And we did just that onto the Fantasy. :thumbsup2

Now on RCCL, the RS rooms look nice, as well as, the aft Aqua theater suites. Both appear sweet, I suppose we would survive those sailing, but .... is it DCL? :rotfl2: JK.

We have a few more sailings on NCL and DCL before we move to RCCL. My kids are still somewhat young. I haven't spent the time at RCCL site to even know what I'm talking about, and have no desire to book said RCCL suites yet. So disregard my inquires into RCCL. :worship:

I apologize now for any facetious RCCL comments, which of course were all obvious and in no way intended to be defamatory. I'm confident when we sail RCCL in the future we will have a blast, as we do on all ships we sail.

What was the topic again? Why am I speaking about RCCL ?
Oh, that's right, OP mentioned it.:lmao:

OP, So much for your question being answered. :lmao:

Happy sailing to all !! No matter which line you choose.
:goodvibes

:lmao::lmao: Was this a PWI... Posting while intoxicated. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter