Companion Bathroom Locations At WDW Resorts - Updated Per Disney 25-AUG-2011

restroom on the Westside!

It is located on the water side(by the women's restroom) behind Wetzel's Pretzels.

I will upload pictures a little later.

Guest Services was not able to confirm, so I took a run over there. (Oddly enough when I asked the only people who knew about it were custodial CM's)

It is the only one I could find and I went all the way down to Cirque. I did not check stores or dining.

It is located on the water side(by the women's restroom) behind Wetzel's Pretzels.

Guest Services was not able to confirm, so I took a run over there. (Oddly enough when I asked the only people who knew about it were custodial CM's)

It is the only one I could find and I went all the way down to Cirque. I did not check stores or dining.

Very nice detective work, livndisney. :3dglasses

So far, no response to the letter I sent on Sunday to the Disney Customer Service person; her auto response did say expect a response in up to 10 days.

Dan

Very nice detective work, livndisney. :3dglasses

So far, no response to the letter I sent on Sunday to the Disney Customer Service person; her auto response did say expect a response in up to 10 days.

Dan

FYI for you Dan-the companion restroom is very close to AMC (just in case:thumbsup2).

Yes.
I have been in that one.
That’s what I was looking for pictures of last night when I downloaded the ones last night.
The DTD Companion Restroom pictures are on my old computer downstairs. As long as that computer is awake, I can access it from my new computer, but it’s slow, so I gave up and just used the pictures on my new computer.

The only sets of restrooms on the West Side are in that area sort of behind Wetzel Pretzels and there is a set by Cirque on the back side by the parking lot sort of facing House of Blues. I can’t remember just what those look like and and do not think there is a Companion Restroom there.

My favorite the one across from Star Tours next to Sounds Dangerously its always nice and cold in there lol .

Yes.
I have been in that one.
That’s what I was looking for pictures of last night when I downloaded the ones last night.
The DTD Companion Restroom pictures are on my old computer downstairs. As long as that computer is awake, I can access it from my new computer, but it’s slow, so I gave up and just used the pictures on my new computer.

The only sets of restrooms on the West Side are in that area sort of behind Wetzel Pretzels and there is a set by Cirque on the back side by the parking lot sort of facing House of Blues. I can’t remember just what those look like and and do not think there is a Companion Restroom there.

I got new pictures of the entrance and the inside of the companion restroom by Wetzels. I will send them to you when I upload them.

I thought I remembered a companion restroom by Cirque, but could not find one. I also asked the custodial workers and they both said there was not a companion restroom at Cirque.

Is this it?
P3130010.JPG

P3130009.JPG

The only places big enough to have Restrooms on the West Side would be Bongos, House of Blues, Disney Quest, the Theater and Planet Hollywood.
I know none of the shops on the West Side have restrooms.

Is this it?
P3130010.JPG

P3130009.JPG

The only places big enough to have Restrooms on the West Side would be Bongos, House of Blues, Disney Quest, the Theater and Planet Hollywood.
I know none of the shops on the West Side have restrooms.

Yes! That is it.

AMC and DisneyQuest do not have companion restrooms.

Yes! That is it.

AMC and DisneyQuest do not have companion restrooms.
I knew I had a picture.
It was just finding it. (I also had notes with descriptions, which got lost somewhere as we cleaned things out, so I was pretty sure this was the West Side one, but not absolutely positive).

I was just listing places that might have bathrooms period, but I don’t expect any of those places to have Companion ones at this time.

Most of the resorts do not have companion bathrooms. DW and i have found that they do have them by the pools. i suggest if you go to a restaurant ng on the Boardwalk or at YC/BC, get there a little early and locate them. Same with WL. Surely inconvenient but they do exist.

We have also found most of the handicap stalls aren't large enough for an ECV at the restaurants.

We have also found the CR's that the general public walks by are frequently in use. Those off of the beaten path are typically available. in the 10 or so years going to WDW we have scouted most locations for those sites that should be open when there is dire need.

Some resorts like GF which has one on the second floor --left off the elevator on the lagoon side and Poly that has one between Kona and Ohana and there are many in WS. like between Morocco and France and between Mexico and Germany are a couple that are generally available. and there is one just on the left as you enter the main entrance at Epcot.

HS has one in the back by the car show way onto the right that is generally available but the one by the food court is always in use. We've had good luck by the Jedi show and to the left of RRRC. The others are used by the general public and not generally available.

AK behind Nemo and over beside the general store in Dino land are generally
available; the others are in general use and not so available to those that need them

MK by Space Mountain and by POTC store are also generally available and we've had some luck over by Splash mountain.

Finally there are some maps and i printed one hardcopy. I'll try and dig it out when I get home. It can be done but locating those away from the traffic flow are the ones you want to locate.

hope this helps.

Pop

popgfd,
Thank you. :thumbsup2

Excellent to know about the GF location since we do plan to visit there to see :3dglasses what all the fuss is about (never having stayed or even passed through but always intriqued).

As well, excellent notes on the ones which you have found to be commonly empty vs in use.

When DD and I went last year, the only one we had to wait at was the one in Mickey's Toon Town (I think its called that) which likley is not available due to the MK reno's.

Still waiting on my official response from WDW Guest Relations. Today is Day 4...they have 6 days left to respond per their auto reply email.

Wouldn't it be a slice of Disney magic :wizard: if they can simply produce an all inclusive document with all the locations of all the Companion washrooms within the entire Disney World (parks, resorts, hotels, shopping areas, and so on)? Imagine, just sprinkle a little pixiedust: and it could be something we all might want to :coffee:

What? A fella can't have dreams?

Dan

Most of the resorts do not have companion bathrooms. DW and i have found that they do have them by the pools. i suggest if you go to a restaurant ng on the Boardwalk or at YC/BC, get there a little early and locate them. Same with WL. Surely inconvenient but they do exist.

We have also found most of the handicap stalls aren't large enough for an ECV at the restaurants.

We have also found the CR's that the general public walks by are frequently in use. Those off of the beaten path are typically available. in the 10 or so years going to WDW we have scouted most locations for those sites that should be open when there is dire need.

Some resorts like GF which has one on the second floor --left off the elevator on the lagoon side and Poly that has one between Kona and Ohana and there are many in WS. like between Morocco and France and between Mexico and Germany are a couple that are generally available. and there is one just on the left as you enter the main entrance at Epcot.

HS has one in the back by the car show way onto the right that is generally available but the one by the food court is always in use. We've had good luck by the Jedi show and to the left of RRRC. The others are used by the general public and not generally available.

AK behind Nemo and over beside the general store in Dino land are generally
available; the others are in general use and not so available to those that need them

MK by Space Mountain and by POTC store are also generally available and we've had some luck over by Splash mountain.

Finally there are some maps and i printed one hardcopy. I'll try and dig it out when I get home. It can be done but locating those away from the traffic flow are the ones you want to locate.

hope this helps.

Pop
A lot depends on just when you are there.
For example, the restroom and Companion Restroom by Light, Motors, Action may be empty during a show, but is likely to be very busy right after a show when thousands of people are coming out.

In our experience, the Companion Restroom by Splash Mountain is difficult to get to because it is a very congested area and you need to go up and down a hill to get there. The floor has also often been wet because wet people getting off of Splash Mountain often use that restroom for changing or drying off.

The Companion Restroom by Pirates of the Caribbean is one if my families least favorite because it is very small if the person using it needs any assistance. We have also had some very bad experiences with families there - either being very 'possessive' of use or complaining about how long people are taking in the Companion Restroom. My DD and I were actually reported to Security at that restroom by a family who was waiting because we needed more than 5 minutes.

You can find locations of Companion Restrooms and some pictures in a thread about Companion Restrooms I mentipned earlier in this thread. There is a link to that thread in post 3 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread.
There is also information about Epcot in the Epcot FAQs thread near the top of this board.

Just to keep all y'all updated.

If you recall I sent my original email to Disney on this topic with 5 speaking points on Sunday and received a auto reply from the Director, Guest Services indicating "...a member of my Guest Services Team will contact you within ten days".

Today I received the follow-up email from someone in Guest Services (but not the Director) stating I "...will hear from me within the next seven days."

I can be a patient man. I have to wait 10 months or so until DD and I get to go again to WDW. I have been waiting since 1993 for the Blue Jays to win another World Series :thumbsup2, since 1988 for my Fighting Irish to win another football National Championship :worship:, since 1967 for the Toronto Maple Leafs to win another Stanley Cup popcorn::, since forever for my Bills to win the Super Bowl.:rolleyes1

I can be a patient man................or, perhaps I simply gravitate to underdogs? :lmao:

I'll keep all y'all posted.
Dan

subscribing....I will be going with the extended family in Nov and Dad requires a companion bathroom. I am most interested in Contemporay as we have Chef Mickey's planned with the grand kids and a Dinner at Grand Floridain followed by a fireworks cruise.

I have absolutely nothing to add to this post except to say that I'm an ND grad, and when I'm not lurking on the Dis, I'm lurking on NDNation.

GO IRISH! and I hope you and your daughter have a fantastic trip.

I thought I would update followers of this thread with the following.

On July 30th I emailed WDW Guest Services concerning information on WDW Resort Companion washroom facilities (after explaining our need).

I received an auto reply indicating I would hear back within 10 days from a Guest Services CM.

After the first 3 days I did receive an email from a Guest Services CM indicating I would hear from her within 7 days (10 days in total from my original email information request on this subject).

Today marks day 11 and no communications have been received. Mickey and / or his guests might be needing more attention that expected what with the summer rush and all. It happens.

I sent off a reminder to WDW Guest Services again this morning.

Stay tuned; we'll get there.
Dan

Update.

I received a call from Dawn (a very nice lady) within WDW Guest Services to day in response to an email I sent regarding the issues outlined in this thread re Companion Washrooms at WDW Resort hotels.

She spent a lot of time (45 minutes) with me on the phone which I thought was very nice of her (yes, some would say she is just doing her job ... but there are customer relations staff and then there are customer relations staff, if you understand the difference).

Here are the results of the call:

1. Procedure is for WDW resorts to include a companion washroom when they are refurbished (the example was the GF and the new companion washroom on the second floor which was pointed out earlier in this thread).

2. Contemporary does not have an official companion washroom. However, if you are eating at Chief Mickey on the 4th floor (or even if you are not IMO but go up there) and ask at the podium they can lead you to a uni-sex (my words......she didn't use the word 'companion') ADA compliant (again my words) washroom. That is good since DD has never been to Chief Mickey.

3. The 'suggestion' was as described by some in this thread to ask a CM and they 'should' (yes, the word in quotes for a reason, see point 4) know to personally or have another CM clear out either the men's or woman's rest room and stand guard when you and your party use those facilities.

4. Much to my disappointment, there is no official policy of what CM's are supposed to do in the situation when a party needs a companion washroom and none exists.

4A. Much to my disappointment, to the best of her knowledge, there is no training given to CM's on the proper procedure to take in the situation of no companion washroom yet one is needed.

Point 4 and Point 4A are opportunities for improvement yet not too sure if anything will be done in this regard (i.e. the last thing I want is to, if I have to ask a CM that DD needs a washroom and we can't find a companion washroom) is for the CM to give me a blank deer-in-the-headlights stare.

5. I requested that Disney consider a single page on their web site simply listing the location of each and every companion washroom at all areas of the 43 acres that is WDW (I should have asked for same re DL, ED, etc.). Dawn thought that was a good idea yet her position didn't allow her to create the listing. She indicated she would pass it on to the ADA Compliance office of WDW. I asked her if she or the folks in the WDW ADA Coompliance office could get back to me when a decision is made.

Yes, I also indicated that it would need to be updated, etc. but seriously, with the number of companion washrooms constructed per year I can't see the updating being time consuming. :confused3

6. I neglected to ask if there were companion washrooms at resort swimming pools and if there were if we would be allowed to use them where the resort did not have a companion washroom. Sorry. :sad2: My bad.

I think that's it.

When I get a response to the idea about providing a listing of companion restrooms throughout WDW, I'll let all y'all know.

Dan

Hello: I can very much relate to the frustrations reflected in this thread, as I am often alone with my son (now 12) who has CP. Of course I wouldn't want to upset anyone in the ladies who might be uncomfortable with me bringing him in. However, to be honest, our biggest concern these days is with giving our son his dignity. He abhors - or simply refuses - to use the ladies, and is mortified at the thought of having a bathroom cleared out for him...doesn't want all that attention paid to the fact that he has a simple bodily function need.

Dan, I see you are from Canada. We have this problem all the time around home as well. Hope it's better where you are. I agree that WDW does so many things right when it comes to meeting special needs, and so we dare to expect and hope for even more! Reminds me of my Dad, when I'd bring home a test or assignment with a mark of 95%. His reaction? "Well, that's very good, but what happened to the other 95%?" That sounds terrible but he'd explain that a 95% meant I had mastery of the material...the other 5% was all about taking great care to make sure I hadn't cut corners, read a question too fast, or left just a little bit of effort on the table. (OK, and sometimes he'd agree that maybe there was a question that wasn't written well!)

He was a wise man. I miss him (he died 20 years ago).

Hello: I can very much relate to the frustrations reflected in this thread, as I am often alone with my son (now 12) who has CP. Of course I wouldn't want to upset anyone in the ladies who might be uncomfortable with me bringing him in. However, to be honest, our biggest concern these days is with giving our son his dignity. He abhors - or simply refuses - to use the ladies, and is mortified at the thought of having a bathroom cleared out for him...doesn't want all that attention paid to the fact that he has a simple bodily function need.

Dan, I see you are from Canada. We have this problem all the time around home as well. Hope it's better where you are. I agree that WDW does so many things right when it comes to meeting special needs, and so we dare to expect and hope for even more! Reminds me of my Dad, when I'd bring home a test or assignment with a mark of 95%. His reaction? "Well, that's very good, but what happened to the other 95%?" That sounds terrible but he'd explain that a 95% meant I had mastery of the material...the other 5% was all about taking great care to make sure I hadn't cut corners, read a question too fast, or left just a little bit of effort on the table. (OK, and sometimes he'd agree that maybe there was a question that wasn't written well!)

He was a wise man. I miss him (he died 20 years ago).
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

But, with the understanding that 100% is not always attainable.

Dan, I see you are from Canada. We have this problem all the time around home as well. Hope it's better where you are. I agree that WDW does so many things right when it comes to meeting special needs, and so we dare to expect and hope for even more!

Hi Twin Mum,
Isn't interesting that many / most people don't get "..is mortified at the thought of having a bathroom cleared out for him...doesn't want all that attention paid to the fact that he has a simple bodily function need."

We (DD and I) went to the Toronto Zoo earlier this summer. Before going I researched and called to confirm the location of their companion washrooms. Same type of reaction over the phone as what I received from the Disney resorts outlined earlier in this thread. Bottom line was that for an 'attraction' of that geographic size they have only one and it was in the First Aid area near the main entrance.

So, planning food / liquid intake before we visited was critical.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter