Come out, come out of Lurk-dom!

I haven't been lurking because I haven't been on her for A-G-E-S but we are thinking of another trip in 2017 so I have wandered back over:)

It's nice seeing all of the familiar faces:)

:wave:

How have you been?

I haven't been on here since earlier in the year (when DD and I went to DL for a quick trip in Apr) Just randomly decided to have a look in now. We just got back from a month long trip to the UK this week. Had an awesome time! Heading back over to the USA in Apr16 ( DL + Yosemite) and then again in Oct16 ( Road trip from LAX to Austin TX and back)

:wave: Hope you've been well! Trips sound exciting.

Looks like my scamming has worked.

I think I'm planning a trip to Europe! Spain, UK and France in 2016.

Sleeping Beauty....of the Aussie Kind

In the spirit of keeping this thread totally random....and not a trip planning thread.....

On Wednesday night, after dinner at my parents, I came home and settled in for the night. I finally turned on my laptop at about 8.30 pm and started to check my normal sites and feeds.
There was a HEAP of posts.....and it was truly going off around social media about Aurora Australis.

The Aurora readings were high enough for a bunch of photogs to head out running for the nearest south facing beach, with as little light pollution as possible.

Me?

I was in my jammies. But it was too good an opportunity to pass up on. So, I threw on my trackie-dags and trekkied on down to the bay.

It's no competition for any of the great shots showcased either on Channel 7 or Channel 9; but it's mine and my first capture of Aurora (not counting the Aurora at WDW).

Here's to the next major solar flare and clear skies!

Alternatively.....travel to Tasmania next winter, anyone???

princess::upsidedow

I haven't been on here since earlier in the year (when DD and I went to DL for a quick trip in Apr) Just randomly decided to have a look in now. We just got back from a month long trip to the UK this week. Had an awesome time! Heading back over to the USA in Apr16 ( DL + Yosemite) and then again in Oct16 ( Road trip from LAX to Austin TX and back)

Wow what great trips!

Hi AussieWendy and Zanzibar:thumbsup2

At this point we are thinking a few days at DL then down to Florida for Universal, Discovery Cove and SeaWorld, a Disney Cruise and then 2 weeks at WDW. Its so far away though I'm sure there will be several changes!

My trips always look completely different at the end than when I start planning. Sounds good so far though.

Another one coming out of lukdom, planning a trip to USA in September 2016, which seems like forever....

Great to 'see' you! We started planning our last trip about a year in advance. It went super quick!

Looks like my scamming has worked.

I think I'm planning a trip to Europe! Spain, UK and France in 2016.

OMG nice work!

Sleeping Beauty....of the Aussie Kind

In the spirit of keeping this thread totally random....and not a trip planning thread.....

On Wednesday night, after dinner at my parents, I came home and settled in for the night. I finally turned on my laptop at about 8.30 pm and started to check my normal sites and feeds.
There was a HEAP of posts.....and it was truly going off around social media about Aurora Australis.

The Aurora readings were high enough for a bunch of photogs to head out running for the nearest south facing beach, with as little light pollution as possible.

Me?

I was in my jammies. But it was too good an opportunity to pass up on. So, I threw on my trackie-dags and trekkied on down to the bay.

It's no competition for any of the great shots showcased either on Channel 7 or Channel 9; but it's mine and my first capture of Aurora (not counting the Aurora at WDW).

Here's to the next major solar flare and clear skies!

Alternatively.....travel to Tasmania next winter, anyone???

princess::upsidedow

I'm impressed.

And totally keen for a trip to Tassie!

PiO - I've been well, I left Facebook completely after our last trip (I post photos on Instagram of food, travel, home if you are interested my handle is atnumbernine) and then lost my Disboard mojo as well. Life has been good and busy and time seems to be flying past:) We went to Canberra over the recent school holidays which we really enjoyed. Love your Aurora pics!

PiO - I've been well, I left Facebook completely after our last trip (I post photos on Instagram of food, travel, home if you are interested my handle is atnumbernine) and then lost my Disboard mojo as well. Life has been good and busy and time seems to be flying past:) We went to Canberra over the recent school holidays which we really enjoyed. Love your Aurora pics!

Glad you're well.

I have an instagram account but don't use it at all. Didn't quite agree with some of their policies; so I abandoned it. Looks like we're going to have to try and connect via the Dis.

Thanks!

Did you see Floriade in Canberra? That's on my bucket list as well.

I'm still here, just don't log in much. Heading to Disneyland towards the end of the month and NC for a few weeks thanks to those Qantas error fares then home and back again for Christmas in NYC.

We head over to the U.S. early February, flying Qantas. Haven't flown with them for years, tend to fly Virgin as usually cheaper but flying into Dallas this time so Qantas it is. A quick stopover in Dallas then on to WDW for 9 nights, then fly to Phoenix and drive to the GC. Then on to LV for 5 nights and finishing up in DL for a week. There are 13 of us, all extended family from both sides. 7 of them have never been to the U.S. before. Should be interesting and fun. ( hopefully).

Awesome photo PIO.
Yay to planning a trip to Europe and the UK next year. We loved our trip to the UK so much. Our bags are not even unpacked and I am already planning to go back in 18-20 months time

Me too.

The alternative is the South island of New Zealand. :rolleyes1

Oh, that's a good alternative too :thumbsup2

I'm still here, just don't log in much. Heading to Disneyland towards the end of the month and NC for a few weeks thanks to those Qantas error fares then home and back again for Christmas in NYC.

Gotta love some mistake fares! Nice work getting two trips in a year.

We head over to the U.S. early February, flying Qantas. Haven't flown with them for years, tend to fly Virgin as usually cheaper but flying into Dallas this time so Qantas it is. A quick stopover in Dallas then on to WDW for 9 nights, then fly to Phoenix and drive to the GC. Then on to LV for 5 nights and finishing up in DL for a week. There are 13 of us, all extended family from both sides. 7 of them have never been to the U.S. before. Should be interesting and fun. ( hopefully).

Qantas and Virgin are both pretty good for flights to the US. 13 is a big group to travel together - should be great fun!

Back on the Dis after a long absence and the changes are massive. We are planning our trip with about 6 weeks to go. We are hitting up Disneyland first for about five days and then off to Disneyworld for 3 and a half weeks. Just spent the last hour getting updated of FP+ and trying to work out our game plan.

Good morning ANZACs.

There was a lightning and thunder show over Melbourne last night.

Nice lightning pic PIO! Only saw sheet lightning over this way. I still enjoyed the stormy weather, but fork lightning is much more impressive!

Back on the Dis after a long absence and the changes are massive. We are planning our trip with about 6 weeks to go. We are hitting up Disneyland first for about five days and then off to Disneyworld for 3 and a half weeks. Just spent the last hour getting updated of FP+ and trying to work out our game plan.

Wow that's a lot of Disney!

Welcome back and what a way to hit the Dis! Have a great trip and enjoy the Castle to Castle.
Hope you'll come back and tell us all about it.

I have been lurking with what little time I have.
We are headed to Disney in November! I'm so not organised. We were planing on a NYC & WDW trip but then my eldest went and got herself engaged to a Canadian so now it's become DL, Sanfran, Canada for a winter wedding! First trip to DL for my 21 year old son and his GF, but it will be our first Disney with Christmas decorations ... very exciting!

I have been lurking with what little time I have.
We are headed to Disney in November! I'm so not organised. We were planing on a NYC & WDW trip but then my eldest went and got herself engaged to a Canadian so now it's become DL, Sanfran, Canada for a winter wedding! First trip to DL for my 21 year old son and his GF, but it will be our first Disney with Christmas decorations ... very exciting!

Wow how magical!

Leanne, that sounds awesome! A wedding and Disney in one trip - too much excitement!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter