Come on Estoppel!!!!

We passed ROFR on 3/23 and our broker said to expect closing docs by email 14-21 days later. So now it's 14+1 and I am getting impatient!

Although with the timelines above, it looks like I have another week to go. Estimated closing date was 5/8; title co. is First American.

Our closing docs took right at 21 days to come after passing ROFR (which we passed 3/13)

So when you get the closing docs, what happens then? Do you sign and send the money right away? I'm just curious as I've seen some people say they closed almost immediately and others had to wait a couple weeks.

We signed the paperwork, got the bank draft, and sent everything back using the Fedex label provided by the title company. The timing can vary based on how long it takes both the buyer and the seller to sign and return their docs.

We signed the paperwork, got the bank draft, and sent everything back using the Fedex label provided by the title company. The timing can vary based on how long it takes both the buyer and the seller to sign and return their docs.

Gotcha, thanks. I'm waiting on the closing of estate/home and it's now 3 weeks past the original target date. Getting a little nervous!

So when you get the closing docs, what happens then? Do you sign and send the money right away?

The title company is the mediator/middleman... it's not going to proceed and close the sale until it has received the signed documents from both sides as well as the money from you. So the quicker that can be done, the quicker you can close.

I received my closing documents on Tuesday and sent them Wed; my seller won't be able to send their docs until Monday. I have no choice but to wait.

My first contract a couple of years ago took 84 days from accepted offer to recorded deed/closed.The biggest slow down was sellers sitting on their docs and not sending them back, so I'm a bit sensitive to that issue.
My current contract was moving along and but for the international seller's choice of mail, we might already have closed, closing company received our (buyers) funds and doc.s back 4 days after they emailed the doc.s to us. We are at day 40 from offer. Sellers mailed their docs back 9 days ago but they haven't yet arrived at the title co.. I wouldn't care except I want to switch part of an upcoming stay to the new resort & hope to have those points loaded and usable before the 7 month window opens.

As stoked as I was to send my docs in quickly, my seller hasn't even touched her mailing label yet. Hopefully your seller is as quick as you given they have the added step of notarizing.

Right there with you. We were supposed to close at the latest today and i sent my closing docs back on 3/31. According to First American Title on Thursday they had yet to receive the docs back from the seller. This is killing me! I'm so annoyed that we didn't make the closing date of today.:sad2:

I was notified today that I closed on 4/7. Last week I had checked in and the sellers closing docs hadn't come in yet, but were expected later that day. Thought I would get a notification when they did, but happy that between then and today everything was sorted out. Deed had even been recorded already. Nice to see my name in the oc comptroller records. :cool1:

I finally got my closing DOCS 26 days after passing ROFR. I'll get them sent out with the bank check in the AM. If my sellers are on it and send theirs back ASAP as well, can anyone tell me how much longer after that?

If my sellers are on it and send theirs back ASAP as well, can anyone tell me how much longer after that?
Depends on the title company. Mine was First American via The Timeshare Store, and I am VERY happy; I was notified that the trasaction closed the morning after they received the seller's docs. Mine was sent the previous week.

I finally got my closing DOCS 26 days after passing ROFR. I'll get them sent out with the bank check in the AM. If my sellers are on it and send theirs back ASAP as well, can anyone tell me how much longer after that?
Once both sets of documents are received it only takes a couple of days. In the contract I'm currently buying, seller's doc.s arrived at the title co. Fri. 4/7 and my new deed showed up today Tues. 4/11 as recorded (hence closed.) So in my case 3 business days.
The next wait is for your membership number, if you are a new owner, and for your points to load whether new or existing owner adding on so that you can use those points :)

Once both sets of documents are received it only takes a couple of days. In the contract I'm currently buying, seller's doc.s arrived at the title co. Fri. 4/7 and my new deed showed up today Tues. 4/11 as recorded (hence closed.) So in my case 3 business days.
The next wait is for your membership number, if you are a new owner, and for your points to load whether new or existing owner adding on so that you can use those points :)
That sounds good, sure beats waiting on ROFR!

We passed ROFR on 3/23 and our broker said to expect closing docs by email 14-21 days later. So now it's 14+1 and I am getting impatient!

Although with the timelines above, it looks like I have another week to go. Estimated closing date was 5/8; title co. is First American.
Closing docs just arrived! 20 days from ROFR. Woohoo!

We closed on 4/13 and recorded on 4/14. Now we just wait for our number. Here is our timeline to date:

Offer/acceptance 2/24
Sales agreement signed 2/25
Submitted for ROFR 2/27
Passed ROFR 3/13
Received/Returned Closing docs 4/3
Closing docs received from seller 4/10
Closed 4/13
Recorded 4/14

Our seller was selling 6 contracts simultaneously. Otherwise we likely would have had an even shorter timeline. I am pretty pleased. Will call MA/MS next Friday if we have not received anything.

Our timeline so far: contract submitted for rofr on 3/15/17. Passed rofr 3/30/17. Estoppel received 4/11/17. Still waiting on closing documents. We're using timeshare title. They have a nifty tool where you can see the progress by logging into your account. My status currently reads, "received lot book report." Have no idea what a lock book report is.

Estoppel took about 20 days for us, at least that was the number of days after we passed ROFR until we got the closing docs. I'm assuming there was a day or two in there for paperwork processing at the title company, so maybe 18 days for estoppel? Now we are just waiting for our points to be loaded to our account! Does anyone know about how long that takes (we were DVC members before this purchase)?

Here's our timeline, if anyone is interested:
Offer made/accepted: 2/22
Sent to ROFR: 2/24
Passed ROFR: 3/10
Closing Docs Received after Estoppel: 3/30
Closing Docs sent to Closing Company: 4/10
Recorded on OC Comptroller site: 4/19

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter