Come on Estoppel!!!!

My contract passed ROFR on 3/27 and I am anxiously waiting on my closing documents as all of you all are. Getting concerned about the availability in mid December by the time I get the points.

My contract passed ROFR on 3/27 and I am anxiously waiting on my closing documents as all of you all are. Getting concerned about the availability in mid December by the time I get the points.

Mine passed ROFR on 3/13 and still waiting for closing docs. But, we are supposed to be closed by May 6th according to the contract. So, that is probably to real upper limit to the time it could take.

We passed ROFR on 3/27 as well. Our broker said it would be about 2-3 weeks before we would see closing documents. I'm hoping for early next week, as we'd like to book something for January! Good luck to you!

Member services won't work - try again and chose #3 from the phone menu - member administration, then chose #4 (per the postings on the closing thread.)
I know I got my info. by calling member administration a couple of years ago, I think I got my member number in the mail, but needed to call for the activation code. It seems to depend on who you get on the phone, but member services doesn't deal w/ creating new memberships.
Even after your membership shows up it may take a few days for your points to load.
Good luck.

Deed recorded on 3/22/17

So I called again today and spoke with CM Catherine. Well, I was mostly on hold for the 20 minutes our call lasted.
She initially told me that the broker would be the one who would give me my new Disney membership number, not Disney. Of course, that makes no sense. So I explained why I felt that couldn't be correct. So she put me on hold for 10 minutes. And then she came back and said, You already called on the 29th and were told that it takes 30 to 40 days before you would likely get your membership number in the mail.
Then she went on to say that "It is against the law" for her to provide the Disney membership number over the phone. CM Catherine went on to say that it is against a new real estate law in Florida that Disney cannot provide membership numbers by telephone and that it can only be provided in writing.

So....totally different than anything I have read on Disboards. Hopefully, the 30 to 40 days was just Disney's way of telling me not to bother them again for 4 to 6 weeks but that it doesn't actually take that long. Sigh.

Closing docs received today.

My timeline:
Submitted 3/6
Passed ROFR 3/15
Closing Docs received 4/4

We passed ROFR on 3/27 as well. Our broker said it would be about 2-3 weeks before we would see closing documents. I'm hoping for early next week, as we'd like to book something for January! Good luck to you!

Same here, but I'm hoping maybe something will be available for a couple weeknights in October.

My timeframe:
Passed ROFR 3/16
Received closing docs 4/5

Of course, it seemed like an eternity.

Deed recorded on 3/22/17

So I called again today and spoke with CM Catherine. Well, I was mostly on hold for the 20 minutes our call lasted.
She initially told me that the broker would be the one who would give me my new Disney membership number, not Disney. Of course, that makes no sense. So I explained why I felt that couldn't be correct. So she put me on hold for 10 minutes. And then she came back and said, You already called on the 29th and were told that it takes 30 to 40 days before you would likely get your membership number in the mail.
Then she went on to say that "It is against the law" for her to provide the Disney membership number over the phone. CM Catherine went on to say that it is against a new real estate law in Florida that Disney cannot provide membership numbers by telephone and that it can only be provided in writing.

So....totally different than anything I have read on Disboards. Hopefully, the 30 to 40 days was just Disney's way of telling me not to bother them again for 4 to 6 weeks but that it doesn't actually take that long. Sigh.
Wow. They gave mine to me over the phone a couple of weeks ago after verifying my information.

Waiting for our docs too, we're also planning to go in January

Passed ROFR 3/15, received closing docs today and sent them back in about an hour and a half....can't wait!! lol

Passed ROFR 3/15, received closing docs today and sent them back in about an hour and a half....can't wait!! lol

As stoked as I was to send my docs in quickly, my seller hasn't even touched her mailing label yet. Hopefully your seller is as quick as you given they have the added step of notarizing.

As stoked as I was to send my docs in quickly, my seller hasn't even touched her mailing label yet. Hopefully your seller is as quick as you given they have the added step of notarizing.

Hopefully they really NEED the money and get to it quickly!!

So when you get the closing docs, what happens then? Do you sign and send the money right away? I'm just curious as I've seen some people say they closed almost immediately and others had to wait a couple weeks.

We passed ROFR on 3/23 and our broker said to expect closing docs by email 14-21 days later. So now it's 14+1 and I am getting impatient!

Although with the timelines above, it looks like I have another week to go. Estimated closing date was 5/8; title co. is First American.

Turns out my seller is selling 6 contracts at the same time between two brokers. Has all of the closing docs now, but needed to set an appointment with a notary to sign all of them at once. Our closer is saying she should have everything for ours next week. We had the docs signed and money wired within 2 hours of receiving the email. It looks like it might still be the end of the month before we have our points loaded I would imagine. But, planning a kid-free trip for F&W and MNSSHP in OCT with friends is a great distraction. :maleficen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter