Come on Estoppel!!!!

My timeline is listed below. This is my first contract and I haven't really looked into the process post-ROFR a lot because I wasn't in that stage yet. But am I correct in thinking I bypassed the Estoppel waiting game? Someone on another thread mentioned that I skipped the "next waiting" portion but is estoppel different than waiting for closing docs? If so, I'm almost cautiously optimistic that we might be owners by time of our trip 5/6-5/13 and get to go on the Top of the World for our first time as owners! Thanks!

Offer Made: 3/22
Offer Accepted: 3/24
Sent to ROFR: 3/30
*no notification of passing ROFR*
Closing Docs Received: 4/19

My timeline is listed below. This is my first contract and I haven't really looked into the process post-ROFR a lot because I wasn't in that stage yet. But am I correct in thinking I bypassed the Estoppel waiting game? Someone on another thread mentioned that I skipped the "next waiting" portion but is estoppel different than waiting for closing docs? If so, I'm almost cautiously optimistic that we might be owners by time of our trip 5/6-5/13 and get to go on the Top of the World for our first time as owners! Thanks!

It does appear as though you missed the estoppel wait. You only receive closing docs once that has been done. I hope the disappointment is bearable. lol

Estoppel took about 20 days for us, at least that was the number of days after we passed ROFR until we got the closing docs. I'm assuming there was a day or two in there for paperwork processing at the title company, so maybe 18 days for estoppel? Now we are just waiting for our points to be loaded to our account! Does anyone know about how long that takes (we were DVC members before this purchase)?

Here's our timeline, if anyone is interested:
Offer made/accepted: 2/22
Sent to ROFR: 2/24
Passed ROFR: 3/10
Closing Docs Received after Estoppel: 3/30
Closing Docs sent to Closing Company: 4/10
Recorded on OC Comptroller site: 4/19
We're existing members and I've been checking the DVC site daily since 4/11 (when we recorded) to see if the new points/contract have/has loaded. My broker said it takes 7-10 days, and since this is day 9, I called. The DVC lady confirmed DVC got the deed 4/11 and said it was taking 2 weeks to complete the change paperwork & that our new contract was scheduled to be entered next Tues. (which will actually be 15 days from when DVC received our recorded deed.) So, we shall see.

You went through estoppel, your broker just didn't keep you in the loop. The time between passing ROFR and you getting your closing doc.s was for estoppel & drawing up the doc.s.
Next wait is for all doc.s and money to be received by title co.
Then closing/recording.
Then wait for membership info/access to points
:)

It does appear as though you missed the estoppel wait. You only receive closing docs once that has been done. I hope the disappointment is bearable. lol

Thanks! Somehow I think I'll manage!! :cool1:

You went through estoppel, your broker just didn't keep you in the loop. The time between passing ROFR and you getting your closing doc.s was for estoppel & drawing up the doc.s.
Next wait is for all doc.s and money to be received by title co.

Woohoo! Thanks! 20 days from sent to ROFR until closing docs reveived makes me pretty happy so I'm okay with the next waits :)

FINALLY FINISHED!!

Sent for ROFR 02/22
Passed 03/06
Estoppel process completed/Closing docs received 03/28
Closed 04/06
Closing docs sent to Disney 04/07
Member ID, point loaded and holiday booked on 04/19!

I had called Disney on 04/13 (I know, too early! But I figured there was no harm) Spoke to a very brusk CM who told me it would be weeks and weeks, they were backed up in contract transfers by weeks already and I would be bottom of their priority list, and to maybe try back in 2 or more weeks, etc etc.

Nevertheless I called Disney again on 04/19 (because I'm incorrigible) - and what do you know, it's all available - member number, Club ID, 1st time login code, points already loaded. Given the Easter long weekend, it already had to be pretty close to the top of their pile on my last call, which was only 2 business days earlier, when she told me to try back in not less than 2 weeks. And in total, it was only 6 business days from closing docs sent to Disney to holiday booked. I had a delightful call with a very helpful CM who welcomed me home and gave me her extension for future reference.

(Will post in closing time too)

Our timeline so far: contract submitted for rofr on 3/15/17. Passed rofr 3/30/17. Estoppel received 4/11/17. Still waiting on closing documents. We're using timeshare title. They have a nifty tool where you can see the progress by logging into your account. My status currently reads, "received lot book report." Have no idea what a lock book report is.

Update: Received closing documents today and sent docs along with cashiers check off to timeshare title.

update for Aulani contract: contract submitted for rofr on 3/15/17. Passed rofr 3/30/17. Title company received Estoppel on 4/11/17. Closing documents received and funds sent to title co on 4/21/17. 4/25/17 deed recorded on state of Hawaii Bureau of Conveyances website. Will wait a couple of weeks to call member services to see about membership number.

Received our documents, Tuesday, the 2nd. First received an email, from finance office saying they are now sending them to the title office. I figured it would be another few days. What a wonderful surprise to wake up from a nap and the contracts are sitting in email!!!

Opur timeline:
Offer submitted & Accepted 3/18
Contracts Sent for ROFR 3/19
Passed ROFR 4/4
Contracts Received 5/2
Signed and returned 5/3
And because I'm the way I am, and have to know it minute by minute, I'm tracking the package. Just got a text from USPS, the documents are in route to title office!!

Last edited:
Received our documents, Tuesday, the 2nd. First received an email, from finance office saying they are now sending them to the title office. I figured it would be another few days. What a wonderful surprise to wake up from a nap and the contracts are sitting in email!!!

Our timeline:
Offer submitted & Accepted 3/18
Contracts Sent for ROFR 3/19
Passed ROFR 4/4
Contracts Received 5/2
Signed and returned 5/3
And because I'm the way I am, and have to know it minute by minute, I'm tracking the package. Just got a text from USPS, the documents are in route to title office!!
Yay! Congratulations! I was hoping you would hear something soon. :) The Title Company received my docs yesterday & are closing the file. Looking forward to booking my first DVC vacation too.

Contract came today, so it only took 6 business days from passing ROFR to contract for me. Timeline below:

Offer Submitted 4/5
Sent to ROFR 4/6
Passed ROFR 4/28
Contract Received 5/8

At 33 days, it's moving along much faster than my first contract (almost 90 days from offer to membership #).

Contract came today, so it only took 6 business days from passing ROFR to contract for me. Timeline below:

Offer Submitted 4/5
Sent to ROFR 4/6
Passed ROFR 4/28
Contract Received 5/8

At 33 days, it's moving along much faster than my first contract (almost 90 days from offer to membership #).

At the rate your going probably less then 90 days, way to go

Yay! Congratulations! I was hoping you would hear something soon. :) The Title Company received my docs yesterday & are closing the file. Looking forward to booking my first DVC vacation too.

I just got email notification of deposit received. yes it's moving along. Looks like we'll be booking our Jan trip in next month. Already getting ideas of where we are going to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!