Come on Estoppel!!!!

That's annoying. I feel bad for the seller, but also you as well for having to wait, and then have points you paid for that are expired. :-( how long have you been in this process now?
So, I spoke to my broker today to ask why there was a delay in sending me the closing documents from the title company, as they had sent them for her approval on Sunday for our OKW contract. It turns out that the title co. didn't tell me that Disney has apparently blocked the sale for the time being, saying that the seller's Power of Attorney is not acceptably signed by the state in which they live, so the seller has to go to court to get another POA paper and send it to Disney via the title company.

I am bummed because there are 230 points expiring end of August that I was hoping to use, but it sounds like the seller has much more than that to deal with, so I have no problem sucking it up and being compassionate as it's so not his fault.

My broker is saying that it will probably have to restart the estoppel process, as the estoppels have an expiry of 21 days or something and the seller might not have the court documents in before then.

What I don't understand is how this contract went past ROFR AND estoppel, but even though estoppel was sent, they won't sign off on the sale? I am so confused.

That's annoying. I feel bad for the seller, but also you as well for having to wait, and then have points you paid for that are expired. :-( how long have you been in this process now?

We were on track until now as the offer was accepted on May 20. But now it will start to s-t-r-e-t-c-h! Who knows for how long, now that courts are involved.

I'm just still not understanding how it could clear both ROFR and estoppel and yet not be authorized to be sold. I guess it will be a learning experience as we go forward!

So, I spoke to my broker today to ask why there was a delay in sending me the closing documents from the title company, as they had sent them for her approval on Sunday for our OKW contract. It turns out that the title co. didn't tell me that Disney has apparently blocked the sale for the time being, saying that the seller's Power of Attorney is not acceptably signed by the state in which they live, so the seller has to go to court to get another POA paper and send it to Disney via the title company.

I am bummed because there are 230 points expiring end of August that I was hoping to use, but it sounds like the seller has much more than that to deal with, so I have no problem sucking it up and being compassionate as it's so not his fault.

My broker is saying that it will probably have to restart the estoppel process, as the estoppels have an expiry of 21 days or something and the seller might not have the court documents in before then.

What I don't understand is how this contract went past ROFR AND estoppel, but even though estoppel was sent, they won't sign off on the sale? I am so confused.

Is the 21 Day estoppel expiry something that you are certain of? My estoppel was issued on 7/13, but the Title Company never got it, it was resent today, the 22nd, so it is already 9 days old and i was told today we will have closing docs in 5 business days(seller) then turn them around to the buyer, just seems like we might run out of time.

We sent the ROFR to Disney on 6/5, got waiver of ROFR on 6/29, so our estoppel came through quickly. (We did contact Member Accounting to ask for some special help with the Estoppel.) Hoping things go quick and smooth to the finish line.

Is the 21 Day estoppel expiry something that you are certain of? My estoppel was issued on 7/13, but the Title Company never got it, it was resent today, the 22nd, so it is already 9 days old and i was told today we will have closing docs in 5 business days(seller) then turn them around to the buyer, just seems like we might run out of time.

We sent the ROFR to Disney on 6/5, got waiver of ROFR on 6/29, so our estoppel came through quickly. (We did contact Member Accounting to ask for some special help with the Estoppel.) Hoping things go quick and smooth to the finish line.

My broker thinks it's 21 or 30, but the closing agent is on vacation until the 30th so we can't ask her to confirm that...

How did you get the estoppel so quickly? I'm curious as to what the situation was that allowed for that to happen!

Don't like the waiting:( Passed estoppel Monday, just waiting on the closing Docs. Hopefully today is my lucky day!:yoda:

Don't like the waiting:( Passed estoppel Monday, just waiting on the closing Docs. Hopefully today is my lucky day!:yoda:

When I emailed on Tuesday they said they have my estoppel and we should receive closing documents by the end of the week as well. Just frustrating waiting. The twins birthday is this weekend so we don't have a bunch of free time to complete all the paperwork. :-/ grr

When I emailed on Tuesday they said they have my estoppel and we should receive closing documents by the end of the week as well. Just frustrating waiting. The twins birthday is this weekend so we don't have a bunch of free time to complete all the paperwork. :-/ grr
Yeah I was really hoping to have something yesterday or today. Fingers crossed for both of us! Also Happy Birthday to your Twins!!!:bday:

Thank you! I can't believe they're turning two. We had a trip planned for their birthday, and mine(last month) but had to cancel when my husband needed a new car. Luckily for us it worked out as here we are buying a timeshare and can take as many trips as we please now(well somewhat). I think this ended up as a better present anyways haha

We had 2 papers to sign, one signature each page. We signed, went to bank and mailed all in half hour. I hope things come through fast for you. I also see you're from NY, what part?

We had 2 papers to sign, one signature each page. We signed, went to bank and mailed all in half hour. I hope things come through fast for you. I also see you're from NY, what part?
Yes, other than getting a cashier's check to send, it is not much more than a couple of signatures.

Yeah I was really hoping to have something yesterday or today. Fingers crossed for both of us! Also Happy Birthday to your Twins!!!:bday:

weird how we have the same broker and attorney and you have not received anything yet! Good luck I hope it comes through soon!

weird how we have the same broker and attorney and you have not received anything yet! Good luck I hope it comes through soon!
Yeah maybe yours was on the top of the pile and mine on the bottom.:) At least it does not seem like there is a lot of paperwork for us to have to work through so at least that is nice.

I just never know whether to tell people cortland or between ithaca/syracuse as most people have never heard of Cortland lol

So whats the wait time looking like these days. We just hit day 24 and I asked for an update and got the standard- its taking a while now response...

We're still waiting on closing documents though, so not out of the waiting game yet. :-(

facebook twitter