Come on Estoppel!!!!

closer to my date of 6/19!! I'm still hopeful that we will get ours this week, going on week 5

We're 6/18, so maybe tomorrow. It's ok though as my husband has Wednesday's off and that's the day we can get them signed and what not, so tomorrow would work well. Just hoping its this week and not next week where we have to scramble.

Got a little anxious and called the closing folks. They said they received estoppel and are now preparing the closing docs and at the latest I should have them by the end of this week. ROFR 6/19. Getting closer!!

Got a little anxious and called the closing folks. They said they received estoppel and are now preparing the closing docs and at the latest I should have them by the end of this week. ROFR 6/19. Getting closer!!

Who did you go through? We used resales dvc

Resales DVC right? Jeffery Sweet? I think we have the same broker and hopefully the same closing people. If that's the case I think I should be close too!?

Resales DVC right? Jeffery Sweet? I think we have the same broker and hopefully the same closing people. If that's the case I think I should be close too!?
Yep. Same. I thought we did. I actually thought of that as I was posting and hoped that your were able to see that our closing folks are making progress!!

Yep. Same. I thought we did. I actually thought of that as I was posting and hoped that your were able to see that our closing folks are making progress!!
Well, I emailed the company on Friday and to this point have not heard a word back. However, your message makes this waiting period a little bit better

Just received closing docs!! Getting signed and mailed today. Just one question though, is this UY 2015 or will UY 2015 start in September for me? I have A LOT of points ( some banked) to use by September if it is.

Just received closing docs!! Getting signed and mailed today. Just one question though, is this UY 2015 or will UY 2015 start in September for me? I have A LOT of points ( some banked) to use by September if it is.
Woo-hoo, so glad you guys are getting your estoppels and closing docs this week!!!:flower1: Congratulations!!!

That is awesome. Hopefully they will start working on mine soon. I think your UY for 2015 would start in September. Good luck on closing!

I just emailed the closing office, but nothing so far. I was a day before yours as well :-( congrats tough! You're one step closer!

I just emailed the closing office, but nothing so far. I was a day before yours as well :-( congrats tough! You're one step closer!
Good luck. Hopefully they push a whole bunch of them out soon.

congratulations, I'm hoping we'll get ours this week, your 2015 UY starts from this September, hopefully you won't have too long to wait for your membership number, when are you planning your first trip for?

congratulations, I'm hoping we'll get ours this week, your 2015 UY starts from this September, hopefully you won't have too long to wait for your membership number, when are you planning your first trip for?

I am VERY happy to hear about the use year, what a relief. If everything goes as well we are looking at end of October. Good luck to all waiting for estoppel!!

So, I spoke to my broker today to ask why there was a delay in sending me the closing documents from the title company, as they had sent them for her approval on Sunday for our OKW contract. It turns out that the title co. didn't tell me that Disney has apparently blocked the sale for the time being, saying that the seller's Power of Attorney is not acceptably signed by the state in which they live, so the seller has to go to court to get another POA paper and send it to Disney via the title company.

I am bummed because there are 230 points expiring end of August that I was hoping to use, but it sounds like the seller has much more than that to deal with, so I have no problem sucking it up and being compassionate as it's so not his fault.

My broker is saying that it will probably have to restart the estoppel process, as the estoppels have an expiry of 21 days or something and the seller might not have the court documents in before then.

What I don't understand is how this contract went past ROFR AND estoppel, but even though estoppel was sent, they won't sign off on the sale? I am so confused.

facebook twitter