College Program - Summer 2006

Erika

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone... :wave2: I just wanted to start a thread for people who will be doing the college summer program (first-timer). I sent in my application and had my phone interview about a week ago... I'm sooooooooo nervous, but excited and I really hope I get to be a part of it.

Anyway, I thought we could start chatting it up on here anyway. There are always threads for Fall and Spring people, but not really many for summer people.

A little about me... I'm 19, I am majoring in French and Communications, and my favorite Disney park is MGM Studios... but I love them all. :) I love to listen to music, write, and I love doing IMPROV!

Hopefully we can start getting to know each other and maybe even meet down there... (if I get in, which I really hope I do!!!)

Hi Erika. Welcome to Disboards! I'm not applying for the summer (I applied for the regular CP and hope to get fall advantage), but just wanted to say hi and good luck! Hope to meet you down there! :wave:

Hi Erika!! I recently got accepted to the summer program for first-timers. I am doing custodial!!!! Hahaha. I'm going down May 22 til Aug 11 and I am so excited! Good luck and maybe I'll see you down there!

i also applied for the first time summer CP...i'm still waiting to hear i sent my application a little over a week ago. i'm trying not to get my hopes up just in case, but i'm still really excited :wave:

yes, i am very excited as well, but i still haven't heard back. it's been 12 days... eeek. i hope i made it...

for those of you summer people who have already been accepted, when are you going down and what did you get assigned?

I'm sorry, I don't mean to use this thread inappropriately, but I thought there wasn't a summer session? The rep. who came to my school said there were only spring and fall sessions. Any know anything about this?

I didn't know there was either, but look at the college program website, there actually is a summer internship program offered! Im seriously considering this now!

I'd love to do the summer program! If only they had more roles to pick from!! Oh well, guess I'll just have to do it in the fall next year. ;)

Epcot242 said:
I'm sorry, I don't mean to use this thread inappropriately, but I thought there wasn't a summer session? The rep. who came to my school said there were only spring and fall sessions. Any know anything about this?

It's new. It is starting this summer. It is a summer program for first-time CPs who don't want to miss a semester. The only roles are custodial and Quick Foods and runs approx. May to Aug.

Hey everyone. I'm Jason, from NC, a senior at Wake Forest. I applied for the summer CP as Quick Service Food & Beverage. I'm supposed to hear back this Thursday! I'm hoping for a date past May 26th; my family got tickets to the Cars world premiere in Charlotte, NC! But hey, as long as I get the CP, that's alright.

JLindley2003 said:
Hey everyone. I'm Jason, from NC, a senior at Wake Forest. I applied for the summer CP as Quick Service Food & Beverage. I'm supposed to hear back this Thursday! I'm hoping for a date past May 26th; my family got tickets to the Cars world premiere in Charlotte, NC! But hey, as long as I get the CP, that's alright.

Hey! I know when I accepted there was one date range after May 26th. It was May 29-Aug 18. They say they are first come first serve though, so it may or may not still be available. Good luck!

Hey, I just got my letter of acceptance yesterday! I am working QSFB.

Although I have not yet formally accepted, it listed my start/end dates as May 22 - August 18.

GUESS WHO'S WORKING AT DISNEY WORLD?
IT'S ME! IT'S ME! IT'S ME!!!!

I just got my letter today... I didn't really expect it because I dunno, I had given up hope. But when I saw it, I ran to my room.

I tore open the letter and I saw it say, "Congratulations!"

I was so happy, I didn't even read the rest (also, I had a final paper that I was supposed to be working on). I just jumped up and down and screamed and called my mom, who was very happy for me (she screamed too!). And so... I read a little bit more and I found out that I am working as a custodian. I actually am glad because I wanted this more than the food (even though I said that was a preference) and I kind of have prepared myself for that.

YAY! I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! 20 BILLION DAYS OF WAITING! BUT IT'S WORTH IT!

:banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cool1: :woohoo: :bounce:

eeeeeeeee i FINALLY got my letter today! i'm pretty sure i'll accept, but i have to talk to my parents about it first. I tore it open in the mailroom of my dorm and my friends and i screamed when i opened it. yes we are that cool. i am really excited about it! and if i do it i'll be working Quick Service Food and Beverage, which is what i wanted being a nutrition and dietetics major...and also a food fanatic. but whatever. this post makes me sound really lame and that i have no life, but honestly i've been waiting for this letter for what seems like forever. eeeeeeee i'm happy! :cloud9:

yay!!!! i will be doing custodial too for the summer!! what day are you arriving on?? congrats and maybe ill be sweeping with you!! hehe

I won't do a CP, but an Industrial Engineering Professional Internship. I will start this Summer! I am very excited! :cool1:

hooray! i'm definitely going down to florida on May 22! i'll be doing QSFB...yay! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter