College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

I am interested in applying for one (or several) of Disney's Professional Internships. I graduated with my Bachelor's degree in 2013, so it does not appear I fit the criteria as a current Junior or Senior or a graduate within the past six months. From what I understand from the internship postings, a student only has to be enrolled in one class in the quarter/semester prior to the internship beginning. So here's my question: If I were to enroll in a single undergraduate course as a non-degree seeking student online, would that count? Or would I need to take a graduate-level course? Has anyone here had a similar experience?

Also, does Disney tend to hire their interns for full-time positions after the program is completed?

I am interested in applying for one (or several) of Disney's Professional Internships. I graduated with my Bachelor's degree in 2013, so it does not appear I fit the criteria as a current Junior or Senior or a graduate within the past six months. From what I understand from the internship postings, a student only has to be enrolled in one class in the quarter/semester prior to the internship beginning. So here's my question: If I were to enroll in a single undergraduate course as a non-degree seeking student online, would that count? Or would I need to take a graduate-level course? Has anyone here had a similar experience?

Also, does Disney tend to hire their interns for full-time positions after the program is completed?
My son was hired shortly after the end of his internship in the Horticulture Dept at WDW as a gardener. His friend, who was a mechanical engineer intern, was also a College Program twice before the internship. After her internship, she wasn't hired by Disney, but was hired by one of their subcontractors. After about a year, she was hired by Disney. I have no idea about your plan to take a course online. You'll need to ask them about that.

Contact the Disney College Program directly, because I am pretty certain you can apply if you are taking an undergraduate or graduate course. My DD applied during her final semester before graduation so she would attend DCP after she earned her degree. If she had not been accepted, she planned on taking one additional course at a local college and apply for the DCP again. (luckily she was accepted on her first try) Her plan was to apply for full time after completed the internship, but the company had a hiring freeze due to Shanghai completion costs. She took another job in the area, but Disney did hire her within a month!

Do note that some PI require prior DCP experience.

Best bet is to email a DCP representative ! Good luck!

Hey there, I don't know if this was answered already or not, but would one have access to all the apartment complexes with their ID to visit friends, or use a different pool or something? Or would one's name need to be on a guest list or something??

My friend has a question about Traditions. She doesn't have a lot of money. This is the nicest dress she has that isn't overly formal.

It has a collar and goes to her knees or just below, but she's worried about the pattern being too casual or inappropriate. (It's horses and trees.)

Is it too casual? She'll have a short sleeve cardigan too. I offered to lend her money, but she asked me to ask here first.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-27-18-01-50.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-27-18-01-50.png
    535.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2018-02-27-18-02-04.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-27-18-02-04.png
    336.1 KB · Views: 27
My friend has a question about Traditions. She doesn't have a lot of money. This is the nicest dress she has that isn't overly formal.

It has a collar and goes to her knees or just below, but she's worried about the pattern being too casual or inappropriate. (It's horses and trees.)

Is it too casual? She'll have a short sleeve cardigan too. I offered to lend her money, but she asked me to ask here first.
Tell her to add a blazer or cardigan & she should be fine. But, she will need at least one other "business casual" outfit for one of the operations classes. solid skirt and two blouses will do the trick. Target is fine - doesn't have to be expensive. :cutie:

I have a question! I got accepted for DCP and accepted my offer and then had a moment of fear when I remembered that I forgot to mention 2 of my tattoos in my interview. I told my interviewer that I had visible tattoos on my wrist and inner bicep but completely forgot about my ankle and foot tattoo when she asked me if I had any other that were visible, mostly because it's winter here and I don't see them that often. Anyone have any advice? Should I get in contact with the program and let them know? I'm so worried about getting there and getting kicked out or calling back and them taking back the job offer. Thanks in advance!

I have a question! I got accepted for DCP and accepted my offer and then had a moment of fear when I remembered that I forgot to mention 2 of my tattoos in my interview. I told my interviewer that I had visible tattoos on my wrist and inner bicep but completely forgot about my ankle and foot tattoo when she asked me if I had any other that were visible, mostly because it's winter here and I don't see them that often. Anyone have any advice? Should I get in contact with the program and let them know? I'm so worried about getting there and getting kicked out or calling back and them taking back the job offer. Thanks in advance!

What is your role? If you are working at a place where you can just wear the long pants/ long socks version of the costume then you should be fine. i would be most concerned if you are in lifeguarding.

Agree depends on role but given where your other two are I am imagining you in long sleeves? So that might mean pants too.

No one wears open shoes that I know of ... only lifeguards. But I have seen quite a few in skirts that have big skin tone band aids over what would be ankle tattoos.

Once had a driver on the safaris ... hair in ponytail ... and a bandaid over her neck tattoo ... but it had slid and you could see the top .... kinda funny in that it appeared to be Mickey Ears.

@Danislee none of us can tell you for sure, but to me that dress seems like it would work! Just be sure that she goes over the Disney Look again and make sure it fits with everything in there. In my opinion, it would be just fine with a cardigan or blazer, like @SingingMom said!

Quick question from a parent to any past DCP..(the parents thread is basically dead so nothing helpful there right now!)

After my son finishes traditions, I understand he gets access to "the hub" (is that correct term?) where discounts for resort rooms are found? I am planning on visiting and was wondering if it is correct that he has access after traditions. I was also wondering are there any restrictions as to when/where/length of time that it can be booked?

I already booked a visit at the end of June but hoping to change it if he can get a better location/price. We are AP and DVC so no other discounts are a concern and I am out of points for my DVC so I need to look at standard resort bookings.

Thanks!!!

Quick question from a parent to any past DCP..(the parents thread is basically dead so nothing helpful there right now!)

After my son finishes traditions, I understand he gets access to "the hub" (is that correct term?) where discounts for resort rooms are found? I am planning on visiting and was wondering if it is correct that he has access after traditions. I was also wondering are there any restrictions as to when/where/length of time that it can be booked?

I already booked a visit at the end of June but hoping to change it if he can get a better location/price. We are AP and DVC so no other discounts are a concern and I am out of points for my DVC so I need to look at standard resort bookings.

Thanks!!!

Been a few years but discounted rooms are only where they are trying to fill rooms ... so just like any other Disney discount it was always limited locations, number of rooms and dates. My DD was there a full year and we never were able to book her discount when we were heading down (and my dates are flexible). Always seemed nothing available other than a resort or two, then often it was expensive deluxe rooms which we just didn't need. I was able to do better just using my AP discount. DD once got CSR for around $140 when her friend visited her (Sept) but when another came she ended up staying offsite with them.

Once stayed at POR on CM friend discount but it was still around $170 and her other option was AKL for $250 ... we were in the parks non-stop so I didn't want to pay that. It was frustrating because we had hoped to try some new places with a decent rate and it never happened.

Last edited:

Thanks!!!
As HopperFan already said, it all depends on what rooms Disney needs to fill. I've been able to get a good CM discount (50% when the CM stays with you), but that was over a year ago. Now? My dd just got me a room at PoR in mid-Sept.....$200 a night!!! The rack rate is over $300! So, better than nothing I guess. But, the days of getting a value resort for $50 a night seem to be over! She could have found me a room at an All Stars but it was close to $100 a night.
So, I guess you just have to be flexible...really flexible.

Really dumb question but this is my first time doing DCP and I was wondering how the guest passes work. Also, if they get fastpasses how would that work for me wanting to ride with them? Thank you so much!!

Really dumb question but this is my first time doing DCP and I was wondering how the guest passes work. Also, if they get fastpasses how would that work for me wanting to ride with them? Thank you so much!!
No such thing as a dumb question!

The College Program Cast Members were recently reclassified as "seasonal" which I believe you need to work 120 Hours before you'll receive the park hoppers. (Not 100% on the number of hours)

Once you receive them, each ticket acts as a 1-Day Park hopper, which can be linked for any fastpasses, which you can add to your My Disney Experience and make fastpasses for whichever tickets you choose, including yourself.

Thanks, and have a Magical Day! :smickey:

My daughter is entering college next year and is looking forward to applying. All of this information is very helpful. Thank you.

For the application that just opened last week, is that for this upcoming Spring. My daughter graduates in December 2019 and would like to apply for the Spring right after her graduation, so I assume that means that around this time next year is when she would apply?
Thanks!

For the application that just opened last week, is that for this upcoming Spring. My daughter graduates in December 2019 and would like to apply for the Spring right after her graduation, so I assume that means that around this time next year is when she would apply?
Thanks!

Yes, the application that opened last week is for Spring 2019. Your dd would want to wait and apply a year from now if she wants to work the Spring 2020 program.

I'm thinking about applying for the program but have some doubts. I'm sensitive to heat and get homesick easily (I don't live in Florida). With that said, is the program still worth thinking about? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!