College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
so just the non-logo sneakers? Cool. I'm trying to get what I can before I go down to keep from having a lot of costs all at once I arrive. :)

Go to Walmart and get their shoes! Seriously the slip resistant work shoes at Walmart are great. When you feet start to hurt in them buy some Dr Scholes. You'll be fine your whole program with those.:thumbsup2

(Tredsafe is the brand they are like 20 bucks)

Here's a question for ya guys, Does anyone know of any CP's with no reprimands that applied for a second CP that did not get accepted?

I have a question. It's kind of silly.

What does it mean to graduate from the DCP? Is it just the completion of the program?

also, once you have graduated does that make you eligible for the summer alumni program?

I was also wondering if there is a time of the year when Spring (of the following year) applications begin to be taken?
I will be following the official CP site in anticipation, but a time frame would be great.
Thank you!

Here's a question for ya guys, Does anyone know of any CP's with no reprimands that applied for a second CP that did not get accepted?

I think it largely depends on what role you're applying for. The really selective ones like Concierge are always hard to get, alumni status or not, though being an alum helps. Lots of people who have reprimands or restricted rehire status are able to get rehired in spite of that, so I would say having 0 reprimands would mean you're pretty likely to get accepted a second time.

I have a question. It's kind of silly.

What does it mean to graduate from the DCP? Is it just the completion of the program?

also, once you have graduated does that make you eligible for the summer alumni program?

It means exactly what you think! And yep, after your first CP is done you can apply for the summer alumni program.

I was also wondering if there is a time of the year when Spring (of the following year) applications begin to be taken?
I will be following the official CP site in anticipation, but a time frame would be great.
Thank you!

Applications for Spring are usually available online in late August. "Official" recruitment season starts in early September, when some campuses have live presentations. You can do the e-presentation online as soon as apps are available if you want to apply early.

so just the non-logo sneakers? Cool. I'm trying to get what I can before I go down to keep from having a lot of costs all at once I arrive. :)

My DD is in costuming and she said - yes, non logo sneakers are fine. Although a lot of CPs get the ones from WalMart as WDW_lover_in_SC said.

Also you wear black socks with long pants but white socks with shorts :)

My DD is in costuming and she said - yes, non logo sneakers are fine. Although a lot of CPs get the ones from WalMart as WDW_lover_in_SC said.

Also you wear black socks with long pants but white socks with shorts :)

Thanks! Here's another random question for you about acceptable watches....Would either of these watches be too "unusual" to be counted as "Disney Look appropriate"? I'm not sure how strict they'd be about watches...
http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/eleeno/retro_telephone/
http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/eleeno/orbit/

Thanks! Here's another random question for you about acceptable watches....Would either of these watches be too "unusual" to be counted as "Disney Look appropriate"? I'm not sure how strict they'd be about watches...

I'm not really sure about those, but most people I worked with that wore a watch had a Disney watch they got after they got there. You can get some good deals at Cast connections

No idea, but those are both really cool! If only I knew how to actually tell time with those. (I can....it just takes me a really long time to figure it out) :rotfl:

Are those wide band watches? I couldn't tell from the photos. They frown upon wide band watches and watches that have bands that aren't a neutral color. The color of the bands is fine, and it looks like a normal-ish watch otherwise (except for the face), the width may be an issue though.

I've never been spoken to about my watch, but I have a Mickey watch with a brown band.

Haha, thanks guys! I'm not planning on getting one of these *just* for the CP, I've been eyeing the watches on that website for a couple of years now, and my boyfriend offered to get me one as a birthday gift :D

Practically.Perfect said:
'm not really sure about those, but most people I worked with that wore a watch had a Disney watch they got after they got there. You can get some good deals at Cast connections
I'll definitely keep that in mind, thanks! I keep forgetting about the Cast Connections store, I'll probably end up getting one there too. I guess they wouldn't tell me to take off a Mickey watch, unless it's huge, lol

PaintedRedRoses said:
No idea, but those are both really cool! If only I knew how to actually tell time with those. (I can....it just takes me a really long time to figure it out)
those are some of the easier watches to read on that site, did you look at some of the other ones? lol

aznshents said:
Are those wide band watches? I couldn't tell from the photos. They frown upon wide band watches and watches that have bands that aren't a neutral color. The color of the bands is fine, and it looks like a normal-ish watch otherwise (except for the face), the width may be an issue though.

I've never been spoken to about my watch, but I have a Mickey watch with a brown band.
Well, it says the faces are 32mm wide, and it looks like the band may be 10mm less or so, is that too wide?

those are some of the easier watches to read on that site, did you look at some of the other ones? lol

lol no, but now I have to.

OMG :scared1:I just looked. As if regular watches are hard enough to read, those are impossible!

...I'll just sit in the corner rocking back and forth with my digital watch :rotfl2: :lmao:

I applied for the Spring 2011 CP and got in as Custodial, though I could not participate because of family issues that arose shortly before my program was to start. I am now hoping to go down for Fall 2012... a long way off, but I can't help but start to plan in order to fill the void I feel stuck at school this semester.

I checked off 7 roles last time and got my last choice, though I would have been happy to do it just to work in Disney World. However, I am rethinking my strategy for next time. I really want to be an Attractions host, so I'm considering only checking off that one role. I fear if I add Merch, QSFB, or Custodial again, I'll just be sidelined into one of those solely because I'm willing to do it.

Does Disney frown upon people that only select one role? I don't want to get rejected for appearing picky. This time, I know what I want, and I hope that won't count against me.

I checked off 7 roles last time and got my last choice, though I would have been happy to do it just to work in Disney World. However, I am rethinking my strategy for next time. I really want to be an Attractions host, so I'm considering only checking off that one role. I fear if I add Merch, QSFB, or Custodial again, I'll just be sidelined into one of those solely because I'm willing to do it.

Does Disney frown upon people that only select one role? I don't want to get rejected for appearing picky. This time, I know what I want, and I hope that won't count against me.

I think just checking one choice will decrease your chances of getting back into the program. I think the best thing for you to do would be to check the same ones that you did before and just stress to your interviewer your interest in working attractions. ;)

How often do the buses run? For example, I hear they run to the grocery store and the mall and walmart, but how often do those ones come to the apartment complexes? & What about the buses to work? If you work at a resort will they drop you off at that resort?

How often do the buses run? For example, I hear they run to the grocery store and the mall and walmart, but how often do those ones come to the apartment complexes? & What about the buses to work? If you work at a resort will they drop you off at that resort?

The bus to Walmart & Publix run every 30 minutes (on certain days). The rest of the week it runs every hour!
Most of buses heading to resorts will pick up from the apartment complexes. The only time you would have to transfer buses is if you're headed to one of the Magic Kingdom resorts.
Depending on where you want go, the bus you want may run every 20-30 minutes.

I know this has been asked before but I can't find the answer. What's the Cast Member discount for the water parks?

I applied for the Spring 2011 CP and got in as Custodial, though I could not participate because of family issues that arose shortly before my program was to start. I am now hoping to go down for Fall 2012... a long way off, but I can't help but start to plan in order to fill the void I feel stuck at school this semester.

Attractions was my first choice when I applied and when I got in for Merchandise I was actually disappointed. Now I can't imagine working anywhere else! Guest interaction is generally more in depth in merchandise. I think that the people you work with are more important than the job you do.

I was a CP Fall 09' as a photopass photographer for Magic Kingdom. Loved it so much I extended for Spring 10' and was a park greeter at Animal Kingdom:rotfl:

loved my time at both...though they were both so different.
Now I'm a Campus Rep for 7 universities in my area. I'm a busy girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter