College Program Parents Thread...

Just popping on this thread, because I'm thrilled for my daughter! She has a phone interview on Feb 22. She's grown up on Disney and is so delighted at the idea of this possibility.

My daughter's favorite ride has always been Jungle Cruise. She got an official "Captain's" license and got to "drive" the boar.

Attachments

• alexia driving.jpeg
    alexia driving.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 4
And.....My son was officially accepted into the Disney College Program today! I am thrilled and excited for him!! He had his phone interview around the very end of January so that was quick! He will start when his school semester ends. Now I really wish annual passes would go back on sale - haha! :)

As I look back on this thread it brings back so many memories and funny how it forecasted our families future. My son applied in Jan. 2018 for the Fall advantage for that year…He was assigned Blizzard Beach until it closed for the season and then was at MK for both the Halloween parties and Xmas parties. He loved his room mates and other great friends he met (still friends) and the Vista Way apartments. Being at Disney was a dream. He returned home after new years in 2019…returned back to school. Covid hit, lock down in March ‘20. He applied for Orange County Deputy Sheriff as a goof, thinking like here in NY it is a really long process, but no! He got a call to interview that following week. He moved back to Fla., and is now an Orange County Dept. Sheriff and does “off duty”at the parks when he is able. Sat. He will be at Disney Springs all day and then off duty at Universal Studios. You never know what doors CP opens but let’s say we go down to Fla/Orlando/Disney a lot now!!

My son just got accepted to DCP yesterday! Interviewed on 2/15, so very quick turn around for acceptance. He is currently a sophomore at Oregon State and will be taking a gap year (his best friend is 1 year behind, so they get to graduate together!). Leaving in October and returning in May. So bittersweet, as we are so proud of him, but are going to miss him something fierce. Plus, I get 2 unexpected WDW trips!

Our son just accepted an offer, also! He’s super excited and we’re excited for him. He’ll be there Sep-Jan. He currently comes home a lot on the weekends (university is only about 20 min away) so it’s going to be a little different. i guess we’ll just need a bonus trip so we can visit while he’s there. 😉 We can’t wait to find out what he’ll be doing.

My daughter was just accepted and told she has to start in May or June. How are the people in this thread above, whose children were also just accepted, getting start dates of August, September, and October??

My daughter was just accepted and told she has to start in May or June. How are the people in this thread above, whose children were also just accepted, getting start dates of August, September, and October??
When my DS accepted, choosing start and end dates was part of the online acceptance. Did she go through that process yet?

There is a full list of potential program dates (arrival & departure) on the DCP info site. Just Google DCP program dates. They will be asked to choose, but it's all subject to availability when they accept.

Apparently my account got deactivated, so starting fresh on the Dis.

My. daughter applied on March 7, had her phone interview on March 9th and she got her acceptance on March 16. Her dates are Oct 9 - May 2. She graduates on October 7th, so it will be a whirlwind to get her out to Florida

My daughter was given start and end dates to choose from when she completed her online acceptance, and that's how she got her dates. She's heading down early August and will finish up mid-February, but she's honestly hoping for an extension already and she isn't even there yet - LOL!

She believes that they are nearing the end of their interviewing cycle so they may be pressed for certain arrival dates, so maybe that is why? Her interview was February 10 and she was notified February 23 so she still had a lot of dates to choose at that particular time. Maybe that is why???

Last edited:
Does anyone know when they get their WOTC form to fill out. My daughter filled our her background check, picked her dates and payed her fee, but did not bet her WOTC.

...my DS did the DCP January of 2019 at BC/YC....STILL waiting for him to come back home to NJ! :rotfl:
[...he's currently a server at Hollywood Brown Derby...]

Hi DCP Parents! Can you answer a housing question please? When did you and your child find out what housing type they would be getting? we have read that it isn’t known until check in, that seems crazy.

Hi DCP Parents! Can you answer a housing question please? When did you and your child find out what housing type they would be getting? we have read that it isn’t known until check in, that seems crazy.
About a month before is when mine found out.

I think about a month is right...more on the slightly less than a month. My son's start date is a month away and he says people with the start date a week before his found out their apartment style and general role assignment. He's expecting he will hear sometime this coming week.

Does anyone know how tall the space under the bed is or dimensions of the storage bins if that's easier. Looking to get my daughter additional storage but it's hard to judge based on YouTube videos alone. She leaves mid July so we are getting down to the nitty gritty now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!