• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

College Football 2020 (and 2021??)

Well, if LSU beating Florida doesn't show how quick teams can change direction, i don't know what will.

Can't wait to see this week's SEC Shorts!

Well the Gus Bus 🚌 is headed out of Lee County, folks, with probably one last stop at the Waffle House for his favorite smothered-and-covered.

He will slink out with his full buyout of $21.45M (half due within 30 days, the other half paid in installments over a few years) which, I am fairly certain, I could live on quite nicely for the rest of my life.

The record this year wasn't bad (currently 6-4 and regular season over) but the future didn't look bright. Auburn stands 12th in recruiting in the conference (#42 overall in 247) for the 2021 class ahead of only Vandy and South Cackalacky. My take is that I didn't see their program DEVELOPING players. In other words, I didn't see players getting incrementally better as they went through the program. It was just sand lot "get out there and do your best" on Saturdays (and the next game I coach will be my first).

What's with the SEC Conference game starting at 7pm Central? Normally I would take a nap beforehand but with the B1G and ACC Champ games on before, those will be hard to pass up. And you KNOW it will be at LEAST a 4-hr broadcast.....

Oh well.

Bama Ed

PS - The College Football Playoffs Selection show will be Sunday morning Dec 20 (the day after the champ games) at 11am Central.

Last edited:

Tulane is headed to the Famous Idaho Potato bowl to play Nevada. No fans allowed. and it's mid-day on a Tuesday. But, I'm working from home...so that's fine.

Tulane is headed to the Famous Idaho Potato bowl to play Nevada. No fans allowed. and it's mid-day on a Tuesday. But, I'm working from home...so that's fine.

Is it gonna be played on that Boise State blue field that is so INCREDIBLY awful to look at? :eek: (And it ain't sunny warm Florida either).

But go Green Wave! :cheer2:

Is it gonna be played on that Boise State blue field that is so INCREDIBLY awful to look at? :eek: (And it ain't sunny warm Florida either).

But go Green Wave! :cheer2:

yep, that's the field. there were rumors of it moving to Texas, but I guess that didn't happen.

Well, rack up another SEC title for Bama. At least Florida didn't lay down and die.

They learned one important lesson though, the Bama wide receivers can hit!

Well, rack up another SEC title for Bama. At least Florida didn't lay down and die.

Nope they sure didn't, tiggerdad. We beat everyone in the SEC except the two teams we didn't play: Vanderbilt and South Carolina. Most fans would have predicted "W"s in those games too had they occurred so we did in fact "win the Conference". Oh, DD got a student ticket and went to the game (got home 3am) as probably her last "student" activity at UA.

They learned one important lesson though, the Bama wide receivers can hit!

I admit I ...

giphy.gif

when Metchie put that hit on the Florida guy who had gotten the INT.

Now the corporate ranking of all the brands will occur this morning. I predict, in order, Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, ND.

Bama Ed

I agree with your ranking Ed.

Cincy kicked a FG as time expired to beat Tulsa by 3. That should keep Cincy in the New Years 6 game since Coastal didn’t play. Which is extra money for Tulane, so we like that.

Tulane replaced OC (by necessity) and DC (by choice) last week. So we’ll get our first glimpses of the new ones on Tuesday, though it’s presumably much too late for anything telling for next year.

They’ll get a stiff test on Sept 4th, when we open when Oklahoma in New Orleans. Also host C-USA champ UAB and visit Ole Miss for our non conference games. (Assuming the virus that shall not be named has subsided enough)

note to self...time to book a campground just south of Memphis for a weekend next year.

when Metchie put that hit on the Florida guy who had gotten the INT.

Now the corporate ranking of all the brands will occur this morning. I predict, in order, Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, ND.

metchie.gif

I agree with your rankings, except I think it will be very close between ND and Texas A&M. I really feel A&M playing better ball. ND will get the nod only because of their earlier win over Clemson, but that was without Trevor at QB.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of Bama getting their hands on a yet again, overranked ND.
tyson.gif

I agree with your rankings, except I think it will be very close between ND and Texas A&M. I really feel A&M playing better ball. ND will get the nod only because of their earlier win over Clemson, but that was without Trevor at QB.

Well that's why I referred to them as "brands" up above and not "teams". TV wants "big names" with national followings to give them a large viewing audience. Head to head on a neutral field, aTm would likely beat ND if the game was played next weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of Bama getting their hands on a yet again, overranked ND.

Yes but haven't we seen that movie already? You're right, though, it will end up that way but I want another crack at Ohio State.

Ed

This is as truthful a thing as I've seen.

Florida shoe toss was great!

I feel sorry for Indiana Hoosiers fans. They got screwed by the B1G and then again by CFB.

This is as truthful a thing as I've seen.

Florida shoe toss was great!

Yeah but ESPN taking out aTm at the end proves that it's more about "brands".

I feel sorry for Indiana Hoosiers fans. They got screwed by the B1G and then again by CFB.

At least Indiana got to play Ohio State head to head. But like in the video above, the B1G leadership protected the Ohio "brand" and gave up their credibility in the process.

Off topic, I do like going straight into bowl season like this though.

Bama Ed

PS - honk if you've interviewed for the Auburn HC job :drive:

We lost by 11 to Nevada today. Got off to a really slow start and trailed 26-7 at the half. We got to 26-20 in the 3rd Q. But from there, threw an int that led to a short field TD for Nevada and didn’t really recover from there.

went into the game without 3 DL starters and 3 of our top 4 WRs. Then had OL injuries. But the 4th Q, still down2 scores with some time left, we had our 3rd string RG playing Left Tackle. The QB is gonna need an ice bath.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter