Code watch February 2017

Earlier in the thread, the rumor was that it would open to the public on Monday, October 3rd. That same rumor was correct about the Visa discounts opening today. I've also heard numerous times that they set aside blocks of rooms for the Visa discounts and a different block of rooms for the public discounts. So if that's true, the "head start" that Visa holders get doesn't really hurt non-Visa holders or those who can't/don't want to pay the $200 deposit.

Thank you. I feel terrible. I explained my hubby lost 50% of his vision a year and a half ago and has been in and out on disability but I guess procedure is procedure....I'm just annoyed bec it's nearly paid off.

Anybody book a Mod? What was the room rate? I booked YC Room only but would like to figure my discount if I did a Mod with the dining discount.
I have a few data points gathered so far that suggest the SPD discount is just simply 45% off dining.

The list of exclusions I saw only listed Standard rooms (not suites?) at AoA and did not list Pop

The list of exclusions I saw only listed Standard rooms (not suites?) at AoA and did not list Pop

Ok, thank you! I'm hoping to book PSD just for 2 adults and we were thinking Pop or AoA if they didn't exclude the little mermaid rooms. Hopefully we shouldn't have any trouble getting PSD at Pop but I have to wait until it's open to the public :/

Terrible savings for me.

We're going 02/12/17 to 02/16/17 Jambo House Studio Villa Value view, 3 day park Hopper no dining.

Booked:$2518. 36
Discount:$2375.24

Dining Plan Package before discount: $3153.88
Dining Plan Package after discount: $2867.88

I booked PSD at PO Riverside for 6 nights. 2/5 to 2/11. 5 day base tickets. 3 adults 1 child. I included insurance. And I saved $610.90 total.

Terrible savings for me.

We're going 02/12/17 to 02/16/17 Jambo House Studio Villa Value view, 3 day park Hopper no dining.

How many adults/children & ages?

Terrible savings for me.

Although you didn't go with the dining - it appears that the 45% savings on dining holds true based on the numbers you provided. Thanks for the data point and info.

Is everyone aware that you need to make another $200 deposit using the Disney Visa? Our trip is nearly paid but we were not allowed to book even though we have that card...I just used it to pay for a course and was not aware (I could pay less than that but not $200).
Maybe I got a rep that bent the rules, but I didn't have to do this. In fact, I had paid my deposit of about $118 with my regular rewards cc a few months ago and I didn't have to pay anything with my Disney Visa card. I asked and she just said I simply needed to be a card holder.

Here's the Visa cardholder discount info, according to Touring Plans:

Room-only:

Dates: December 15-23, 2017, and January 1 to April 8, 2017 – 15 to 25% off rack rates.

Room and ticket package:

Dates: January 1 to March 7, 2017.

For all:

• Book by December 21
  • Minimum stay – 3 nights
  • Maximum stay – 14 nights
  • Hotel exclusions – campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort –The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

Maybe I got a rep that bent the rules, but I didn't have to do this. In fact, I had paid my deposit of about $118 with my regular rewards cc a few months ago and I didn't have to pay anything with my Disney Visa card. I asked and she just said I simply needed to be a card holder.
I had to rebook and put down a new deposit. But I originally had a room only hold and ended up changing resorts though because POFQ was excluded.

Value would probably give the same discount on the QS dining plan.
Maybe not though. Last year moderate and deluxe was 55% off person 1 and 45% off each additional person for regular dining.

Value was 40% off quick service for everybody - so they were different deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter