Code watch February 2017

I am seriously just thinking of keeping my 32% discount at the Beach Club and just stay there. This trip will be a very short one, (don't want my child to miss to much school) and I am already familiar some what with the Beach/Yacht Club resort area, so that might be to my advantage there, time wise. Now if they were to offer up a nice 30% off at the AKL, I might just have to switch over. I wish someone would leak out how much the discounts might tend to be.

How did you get the 32% discount? Please tell!

Nothing at Beach Club for our dates (President's week). 30 min on hold. They've (my ILs) already paid in full, so I'm betting they'll just stay with this (although I did contact the TA I used to see if she had any magic left for them). I'll keep watching in case it's like the fall situation where more did eventually load into the system, but I doubt it. I warned them that BC was sold out months ago and there may not be discounts.

All booked. The system was very slow and was on the phone for 45 minutes but all worth it. Hope everyone gets the discounts they wanted. We priced it out and the PSD worked the best. The countdown begins!

Anybody book a Mod? What was the room rate? I booked YC Room only but would like to figure my discount if I did a Mod with the dining discount.

I called (407) 939-1885 and only waited a couple minutes too. Had a great rep. I wanted RO though- not the dining. Maybe that is the difference in the wait times.

Is everyone aware that you need to make another $200 deposit using the Disney Visa? Our trip is nearly paid but we were not allowed to book even though we have that card...I just used it to pay for a course and was not aware (I could pay less than that but not $200).

I called the (407) 560-2428 recommended by Pang223. Including trying three times to spell my name for the robot lady, it was 9 minutes before I was on the phone with a Cast Member.

I got a Coronado Springs standard view for 3 nights (Feb 25-28) for $576.03. Without the discount, it was $720.01, so definitely a nice savings for us.

I am wondering about those of you who had such long hold times...were you booking new reservations or modifying an existing reservation? From past (anecdotal) experience, I'm almost convinced that they take care of new reservations much more quickly than modifications.

POR booked 2/24 - 3/1. The online quote was $3684 and with discount was $3455. That was PSD - 3 adults.
Did the online quote not include Dining and the new one does? Otherwise, that is actually not a very big savings over a whole week...?

Edited to add: I don't mean to sound insulting. I hope it does not come across that way. I just would have expected more of a difference over that many days. Unless i didn't figure in the dining. I guess a lot of the resorts are 10% off and we were hoping for 20-35%....

Last edited:
Does anyone know when this comes out to the public? I'm going to make a payment on my card which I could have done yesterday if I had known so we have some hope for tomorrow :( I'm really upset. My husband has been sick for the past year and this really ruined my day.

10-25% off RO and the standard SPD.....A little underwhelmed. Better than 0% off....I guess this means crowds are projected to be similar to the last few years. Given this, we might consider moving our trip to September for the "agency who must not be named" deal for that time....Good luck on the phones everyone!

Does anyone know when this comes out to the public? I'm going to make a payment on my card which I could have done yesterday if I had known so we have some hope for tomorrow :( I'm really upset. My husband has been sick for the past year and this really ruined my day.

Earlier in the thread, the rumor was that it would open to the public on Monday, October 3rd. That same rumor was correct about the Visa discounts opening today. I've also heard numerous times that they set aside blocks of rooms for the Visa discounts and a different block of rooms for the public discounts. So if that's true, the "head start" that Visa holders get doesn't really hurt non-Visa holders or those who can't/don't want to pay the $200 deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter