• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Club level menu??

A Mickeyfan

DIS Veteran
I have read on this board not to waste the money on the club level at HRH. Can anyone please tell me what type of spread (food etc) is out and at what times? I will be staying at RPR club level and am trying to get a general idea of what to expect. We are not drinkers but have 3 kids. If anyone has stayed at HRH or PBR I would love to hear your experiences. I have stayed at the Poly in WDW and loved the conciege (they even had peanut butter & jelly for the kids!!)

bumping this up.....anyone have any dealing with the Club Level rooms in any of the Universal Resorts???

Breakfast - very basic contential - sweet pastry - donuts, unsweet = crossaints and bagels, then juice, coffee, milk amd boxes of cereal with paper bowls for the kids. Mid day - tortilla chips and dip, with water bottles and very small soda bottles like you get on a break at a business meeting. Wine and beer. Milk and cookies for one hour at night. IMHO the most unsatisfying concierge room in Orlando. Staff way overworked as the concierge is the food attendant and clean up person. They have not figured out if they are a convention hotel or a family resort. Nothing worthwhile here. Save the cash.

We stayed at the HRH club level in June. The breakfast spread was fine, several different types of donuts, bagels, cerals, and huge bowls of fresh watermelon, pineapple, cantelope and yogurt.

Afternoon snack: cheese and crackers and breads!YUCK!

3-5 pm: Mixed drinks , beer

Evening: Cookies and milk
We were there 3 nights and not once did my kids get a choc. chip cookie. They had maybe 2 dozen cookies, 3 cookies would be choc chip and that was it. My kids were rather dissappointed!!!

No way would I pay extra for that!!!!!!!!!

from these posts I see it will not be like Disney's. I am only paying $139 for the club level. I would be paying that for the standard garden view as well (at least that is what Universal's ressie said). I could have also stayed at the HRH garden view for the same price. In fact, that is what I first booked, then from reading on these boards I kept calling to see if I could get the club level for the same rate & I did. If the price of the standard garden view @ the RP goes down (or HRH for that matter) I will switch to that, if not, I will keep the club level for the $139. I appreciate all the help. I am a Disney nut.....always have gone there. I haven't been to Universal Studios since 1993 & I have only been to IOA once (2000) and that was on my daughter's field trip there. I have never stayed on site so this will all be new to me. Now ask me about Disney & I will be more than happy to help you.....thanks again....... :smooth:

Despite the poor offerings on club level at the HRH we loved the resort!!!! We had recieved a comp upgrade because of problems we had experienced at the Portifino so I didn't mind it lacked Disneys spread. We have styaed at the PBH and HRH on their concierge level and have found both to be very lacking when compared to Disney. We are also booking the RP club level to give it a try. You can't beat $139 a night for club level no matter how limited it is!

$139 is a great rate and even if the concierge is not up to par with what you are used to you are not spending too much. I went in April with my two boys and paid $250 per night for the concierge. The room was beautiful and the first night we were given little toys for the kids which was nice. The food offerings were not good, however, and I posted that info at the time. I don't expect dinner or anything but the evening offerings were some bland cheese and veggies and dip with crackers. I was amazed at the people who were hoarding the mediocre food and carrying massive amounts to their rooms. Breakfast was a little better. When I asked why they had downgraded their food offerings (during the initial weeks they were opened they put out sushi, hot foods, shrimp, etc) the concierge staff told me that two guests had actually come to blows over the shrimp and people were taking large amounts to their rooms thus costing a fortune, etc. for the hotel. They made a decision to downgrade at that time.

After saying all that, I have to say that we LOVED the Hard Rock. It was awesome and my boys had a blast. We plan on going back this April. And the management was very responsive to my complaints about the concierge offerings. They offered my family a comp dinner one night and sent up a big tray of cookies and milk to my children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter