Club 33 first visit

I totally wish i would have known that! I totally would have had more than one dessert.

I'm a super picky eater and I joked about wanting all the desserts since nothing else looked good (aside from the filet mignon that I've learned to stomach as long as it's trimmed of as much fat as possible and cooked rare). My friend's mom (she's the one who brought my mom and I with her to join her and my friend's uncle) is so used to asking for things that she encouraged me to see if they would allow it. I'm glad she did :)

Apparently the kitchen tried to tease the waiter he'd made a mistake when they saw all the dessert orders and then the kitchen was confused when I wanted an actual entree and not dessert for an entree, lol! Only one I didn't get was the cheese plate. But I'm lactose intolerant so probably would have been a bad idea...

I'm a super picky eater and I joked about wanting all the desserts since nothing else looked good (aside from the filet mignon that I've learned to stomach as long as it's trimmed of as much fat as possible and cooked rare). My friend's mom (she's the one who brought my mom and I with her to join her and my friend's uncle) is so used to asking for things that she encouraged me to see if they would allow it. I'm glad she did :)

Apparently the kitchen tried to tease the waiter he'd made a mistake when they saw all the dessert orders and then the kitchen was confused when I wanted an actual entree and not dessert for an entree, lol! Only one I didn't get was the cheese plate. But I'm lactose intolerant so probably would have been a bad idea...

I'm a picky eater also (hence the reason I nixed the quail egg), so I definitely tried a lot of stuff that night that I wouldn't normally eat lol. Besides dessert, the only course that was really good to me was the entree. Everything else I could have easily passed on for more dessert lol.

Are you allowed to take pictures inside?

any other things I should know or fun facts?
Club 33 is an awesome and pretty special place. We got to go at the end of May. We ate there for lunch. You can definitely take pictures, but pictures in the bathrooms are definitely not allowed and totally prohibited. That being said, the bathroom was like its own attraction. I've never been in such a fancy ladies' room before. It was pretty amazing.

The adult menu for lunch is a 4-course meal for $90. Kids' menu is a 3-course meal and I think that was about $40.

Club 33 guests are allowed to purchase items out of the special cases that they have in the reception area. There are certain items that only club members are allowed to purchase. Purchasing merchandise is handled as a separate transaction from your meal.

They will ask you if you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions.

I thought that the food was phenomenal. Next to a fabulous dinner that I had in Paris once, this was, by far, the best meal I'd ever had.

They make everything from scratch. The ketchup, mayonnaise, all condiments are made from scratch. If you want Tabasco sauce? They've made it themselves. A pasta dish? The pasta was made by hand that morning. Nothing comes pre-made or pre-packaged.

Even the plain rice on my ODD's plate was cooked to perfection. I've never had such perfect white rice before.

In the upstairs reception area, there is a grandfather clock with a vulture on top of it. That vulture is audio animatronic and it talks once in awhile. There's a fancy half-circle-shaped table in the hallway on the left hand side upstairs as you are walking into the main dining room and that's a prop from Mary Poppins. It was in the entryway of the Banks' home.

Pay attention to the floors. The inlaid wood flooring is really incredible.

I hope you have a WONDERFUL time!

To add to VandV, outside the men's room is a telephone booth. It was a prop from The Happiest Millionaire. Alfred the Vulture, was a prop from the original club. He talks on occasion.

The servers are excellent. You will be in great hands. Ask them about THEIR history with the club. Many have been there since the 70s.

Dress accordingly. You may be in an amusement park, but add a little more to the day. My kids love to dress up, then after eating, they head to Splash to get a pic in their "finery". Take time to get pics on the stairs going up. And anytime you need a pic, ask a server or a host(ess). They are more than happy to assist!

Enjoy your day.

...Dress accordingly. You may be in an amusement park, but add a little more to the day. My kids love to dress up, then after eating, they head to Splash to get a pic in their "finery". Take time to get pics on the stairs going up. And anytime you need a pic, ask a server or a host(ess). They are more than happy to assist!
At the top of the stairs (as you enter the lobby) there is a "33" logo mosaic in the floor, another great spot for a photo -- or just a photo of your shoes as you cross the 33...

To add to VandV, outside the men's room is a telephone booth. It was a prop from The Happiest Millionaire. Alfred the Vulture, was a prop from the original club. He talks on occasion.

The servers are excellent. You will be in great hands. Ask them about THEIR history with the club. Many have been there since the 70s.

Dress accordingly. You may be in an amusement park, but add a little more to the day. My kids love to dress up, then after eating, they head to Splash to get a pic in their "finery". Take time to get pics on the stairs going up. And anytime you need a pic, ask a server or a host(ess). They are more than happy to assist!

Enjoy your day.
We plan on dressing up for this occasion so yes splash is a great idea

Congratulations. We will be there too! Feel free to take all the photos you wish, go out on the balcony and take pics there too. Like a few of us have mentioned, no pics in the bathrooms. Check out Alfred the vulture. He is awesome. If you are with your member sponsor, I hope you can also visit the lounge. The wine alley is awesome.

Look thru the souvenir case. They just opened the Dooney Club 33 purses to non-members, they are gorgeous. There are a lot of neat items at various price ranges. Some are members only, but most are open to all.

They did?! Wow...but those Dooneys are outrageously priced!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter