Closing Time!

I closed 5/15, recorded 5/16, nothing showing on the website yet. Sigh. So you may want to temper expectations accordingly. I’ve been checking the site like a crazy person.
Those are the same dates as me! Ok we can be impatient together now!

I did the same exact calculus you did based on previously reported closings and I was *certain* it would be today…..but nothing….i feel like my repeatedly checking like a bot is bound to encourage Disney to go ahead and load those bad boys up….and…well…sigh.

I did the same exact calculus you did based on previously reported closings and I was *certain* it would be today…..but nothing….i feel like my repeatedly checking like a bot is bound to encourage Disney to go ahead and load those bad boys up….and…well…sigh.
And yet I’m still checking, thinking there’s a random chance someone loads it before they go home for the night 🤣 Tomorrow is our day!! Let’s hope 🤣

I closed 5/15, recorded 5/16, nothing showing on the website yet. Sigh. So you may want to temper expectations accordingly. I’ve been checking the site like a crazy person.
How did you know it was recorded? My broker said it was sent for recording but still nothing on the Orange County Comptroller website.

Being in the middle of 2 contracts over a holiday weekend 🥴

*Final update 😊

Home Resort: AKV
Broker: https://www.****************.com/
Title Company: DVC Title & Escrow
Offer made: 03/28/24
Offer accepted:03/29/24
Sent to ROFR: 04/02/24
Passed ROFR: 04/22/24
Closing docs received: 04/23/24
Closing docs returned: 04/23/24
Closing: 05/15/24
Deed recorded: 05/15/24
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 05/24/24
Points in account: 05/25/24

Days Total: 58 days

*Final update 😊

Home Resort: AKV
Broker: https://www.****************.com/
Title Company: DVC Title & Escrow
Offer made: 03/28/24
Offer accepted:03/29/24
Sent to ROFR: 04/02/24
Passed ROFR: 04/22/24
Closing docs received: 04/23/24
Closing docs returned: 04/23/24
Closing: 05/15/24
Deed recorded: 05/15/24
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 05/24/24
Points in account: 05/25/24

Days Total: 58 days
Soooo close. I recorded on 5/16. But it looks like someone is working on something over the break. You are a new member? Did you get the points via chat?

Soooo close. I recorded on 5/16. But it looks like someone is working on something over the break. You are a new member? Did you get the points via chat?
Hi, we are already a member, noticed Animal kingdom was showing on our dashboard but no points. We messaged Disney Saturday, they said they would load points within one hour which they did! Are you a new member?

Hi, we are already a member, noticed Animal kingdom was showing on our dashboard but no points. We messaged Disney Saturday, they said they would load points within one hour which they did! Are you a new member?
No, I already have a contract. So we wait. But yours gives me hope that it won’t be much longer!

No, I already have a contract. So we wait. But yours gives me hope that it won’t be much longer!
Anything yet? I think I might go certifiably insane if I check one more time today and it’s not there 🤣. Our optimism over the weekend did not pay off! 🤪

Anything yet? I think I might go certifiably insane if I check one more time today and it’s not there 🤣. Our optimism over the weekend did not pay off! 🤪
A whole bunch of nothing. Now I’m convinced something is wrong with the contract. That the people used all of the expiring points and we have somehow bamboozled.

Not really, but this is my varietal of crazy 😂

A whole bunch of nothing. Now I’m convinced something is wrong with the contract. That the people used all of the expiring points and we have somehow bamboozled.

Not really, but this is my varietal of crazy 😂
You know in the movie National Lampoons Christmas Vacation where Chevy Chase is trying to get the outdoor Christmas lights to work……that is my current feeling now….. I keep checking and checking….then I freak out and kick lawn ornaments…..then finally I’m going to check and in a huge hallelujah moment…. It will be there.

I really hope you’ve seen that movie or the analogy really isn’t as funny as I think it is 🤣

You know in the movie National Lampoons Christmas Vacation where Chevy Chase is trying to get the outdoor Christmas lights to work……that is my current feeling now….. I keep checking and checking….then I freak out and kick lawn ornaments…..then finally I’m going to check and in a huge hallelujah moment…. It will be there.

I really hope you’ve seen that movie or the analogy really isn’t as funny as I think it is 🤣
It is a perfect analogy 🤣

Where are you looking to see if the contract has posted? Under “vacation points” or is there another place I can add to my every 15 minute haunting 😂?

Where are you looking to see if the contract has posted? Under “vacation points” or is there another place I can add to my every 15 minute haunting 😂?
I’m also going under “my profile” and then “membership info”. I also just resorted to chatting with DVC, asking for any updates. Got the generic response that it can take 2-8 weeks! 😜 Watching everyone the last few weeks get it loaded around 9 days after closing….. this is driving me insane. And my 11 month window opens for our May trip in 6 days. I thought for sure this would be done by now!

I’m also going under “my profile” and then “membership info”. I also just resorted to chatting with DVC, asking for any updates. Got the generic response that it can take 2-8 weeks! 😜 Watching everyone the last few weeks get it loaded around 9 days after closing….. this is driving me insane. And my 11 month window opens for our May trip in 6 days. I thought for sure this would be done by now!
But have we really explored the violence angle? That may be the only rational option left to us.

Latest posts

facebook twitter