Closing Time!

Call and ask them to verify contact with the seller
I just called and found out my closing is scheduled for Friday 3/24. They probably are overwhelmed, but they could let me know so I don't wonder if it isn't going to go through.

Thank you for the info. do you happen to have the email for the MA?
I saw a new post that someone whose deed was recorded on 3/10 just got their stuff loaded. We were recorded on 3/13 and nothing yet. It seems to be taking a little longer than it was a week or two ago. Maybe give it a little longer before you start contacting them. I know it's tough to wait, we're in the same boat with 21 points that need to be used.

I saw a new post that someone whose deed was recorded on 3/10 just got their stuff loaded. We were recorded on 3/13 and nothing yet. It seems to be taking a little longer than it was a week or two ago. Maybe give it a little longer before you start contacting them. I know it's tough to wait, we're in the same boat with 21 points that need to be used.
Will do. It is so hard to wait but you are right!

Yes - it seems like anyone who ROFRed before the end of February came in at a great time when there were fewer contracts being sold. We passed ROFR on 2/24, along with a zillion other people, so we had to wait 2 weeks just for the closing docs. Just must be bottleneck somewhere!

Latest Update (Closing is scheduled for 3/27)*

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 2/1
Offer accepted: 2/3
Sent to ROFR: 2/10
Passed ROFR: 2/23
Closing docs received (buyer): 2/27/23
Closing docs returned (buyer): 2/28/23
Closing docs returned (seller): 3/20/23 (email error-Mason)
Closing: 3/27/23
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:
Total Days: (54 and counting.....)

So the scheduled Closing Date of 3/27, will put me at 54 Days.
20 Days were wasted chasing down the seller for their signatures.
I can now kiss my BWV - Std View Studio goodbye for Feb 2024 :(
Hopefully Boardwalk View will still be available ??
If not, I will book the Pool/Garden View, and wait-list Boardwalk View........
Getting the wrong email can happen, heck it happened on my direct purchase last March when DVC’s 2nd email w/ an extra closing document to my co-owner son bounced back & that was after the bulk of the documents had gone to his correct email.
Buyers can gum up the works, my most recent resale was w/ Mason & things were moving along swimmingly until the UK sellers opted to send their notarized documents back via ‘the Queen’s mail’ rather than using the FedEx label Mason had provided to them & instructed them to use thus adding 10+ days for the documents to arrive.
When Mason/the broker reached out to the buyer the buyer could have claimed to have not gotten the email when in fact they did get it but were dragging their feet. Mason doesn’t normally wait 7 days after all documents are received to close & record the deed. Add that extra time to the so called email issue & I’m wondering if your sellers need to bring $ to the table - have you taken a look at the sellers‘ deed on the Orange County Comptroller’s site to see when they bought & how much they paid?

Getting the wrong email can happen, heck it happened on my direct purchase last March when DVC’s 2nd email w/ an extra closing document to my co-owner son bounced back & that was after the bulk of the documents had gone to his correct email.
Buyers can gum up the works, my most recent resale was w/ Mason & things were moving along swimmingly until the UK sellers opted to send their notarized documents back via ‘the Queen’s mail’ rather than using the FedEx label Mason had provided to them & instructed them to use thus adding 10+ days for the documents to arrive.
When Mason/the broker reached out to the buyer the buyer could have claimed to have not gotten the email when in fact they did get it but were dragging their feet. Mason doesn’t normally wait 7 days after all documents are received to close & record the deed. Add that extra time to the so called email issue & I’m wondering if your sellers need to bring $ to the table - have you taken a look at the sellers‘ deed on the Orange County Comptroller’s site to see when they bought & how much they paid?
Thanks for the insights. I'm just happy that I now have a Closing Date, albeit a protracted one.
I did check the OCC website, and the sellers bought this contract in 1999, so they are netting a profit, and hopefully had lots of fun vacations over the past 24 years.

Home Resort: BCV
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 1/11
Offer accepted: 1/12
Sent to ROFR: 1/18
Passed ROFR: 2/8
Closing docs received: 2/13
Closing docs returned: 2/21
Closing: 3/6
Deed recorded: 3/6
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/20
Points in account: 3/20

Days Total: 68 days

Not too shabby!

Final update :)

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 1/31/2023
Offer accepted: 1/31/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/1/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/20/2023
Closing docs received (buyer): 3/1/2023
Closing docs returned (buyer): 3/1/2023
Funds wired: 3/1/2023
Closing: 3/6/2023
Deed recorded: 3/7/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/15/2023
Points in account: 3/18/2023 (I did not call or contact Disney to add them)

Days Total: 47

I forgot to tell you kudos for patience, and thanks for waiting as a voluntary "test subject" to see how long they would take to get the points if we don't nag to get them quicker lol. Congrats on the new contract!

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: www.dvcbyresale.com
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 3/6/23
Offer accepted: 3/7/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/7/23
Passed ROFR: 3/13/23
Closing docs received: 3/13/23 (SAME DAY!)
Closing docs returned: 3/13/23
Closing: 3/21/23
Deed recorded: 3/22/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): tbd
Points in account: tbd

So far.... 16 days offer to recording!

WOW. I'm a Cammy fan, but I saw another buyer (identical contract, same seller) where both our Deeds were Notarized the same day, and they Closed/Recorded 4 days faster with Jeffrey Sweet than Mason Title. Mason told me they were "ready" to close but it would be in 6 days ... recorded 7 days after that.

Last edited:
I had two contracts. One closed on 3/6 and one closed on 3/7. The one that closed on 3/7 had the points load at the beginning of last week. The one that closed on 3/6 hat the points load today. Go figure.

WOW. I'm a Cammy fan, but I saw another buyer (identical contract, same seller) both our Deeds were Notarized the same day, and they Closed/Recorded 4 days faster with Jeffrey Sweet than Mason Title. Mason told me they were "ready" to close but it would be in 6 days ... recorded 7 days after that.
Florida law requires a 10-day rescission period beginning the day the contract is signed. If I receive, sign, and return my contract today, and the seller somehow does the same and gets the doc notarized and returned tomorrow, the sale technically can't close until after the rescission period has expired (10 days from today, or April 1st). At least that is how I understand it to work. If a title company closes the deal and records the deed inside 10 days, that "might" be in violation of the statute. However, IMNAL so...

Last edited:
Update:

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/13/2023
Offer accepted: 2/13/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/14/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/24/2023
Closing docs received: 3/10/2023
Closing docs returned: 3/10/2023 (Buyer), 3/20/23 (Seller)
Funds wired: 3/13/2023
Closing: 03/22/2023
Deed recorded: 03/23/2023
Points in account:

Total Days: 38 days and Counting

Last edited:
Update:

Home Resort: VGC
Broker: https://dvcsales.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/ (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 3/10
Offer accepted: 3/11
Sent to ROFR: 3/11
Passed ROFR: 3/20
Closing docs received: 3/22
Closing docs returned (buyer): 3/22
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: Fidelity
Title: Mason Title & Escrow Company
Offer made: 1/26/2023
Offer accepted: 1/27/2023
Sent to ROFR: 1/30/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/20/2023
Closing docs received: 2/20/2023
Closing docs returned: 2/21/2023 (seller date unknown)
Closing: 3/13/2023
Deed recorded: 3/13/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member add-on): 3/21/2023
Points in account: 3/21/2023 (called member services to get points loaded)

Total Days: 54

Home Resort: Animal Kingdom Villas
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 02/03/2023
Offer accepted: 02/06/2023 (3 days)
Sent to ROFR: 02/08/2023 (2 days)
Passed ROFR: 02/23/2023 (15 days)
Closing docs received: 02/24/2023 (1 day)
Closing docs returned: 02/24/2023 (0 days)
Closing: 03/09/2023 (13 days)
Deed recorded: 03/10/2023 (1 day)
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 03/20/2023 (10 days)
Points in account: 03/22/2023 (2 days)

Days Total: 47 days

I did not contact Disney to get the points loaded quicker. I let the process happen naturally to see how long it would take.

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Title Company: Mason (Marcelo)
Offer made: 2/27/23
Offer accepted: 2/27/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/1/23
Passed ROFR: 3/8/23
Closing docs received: 3/15/23
Closing docs returned: buyer 3/15/23; seller 3/21/23
Closing: 3/22/23
Deed recorded: 3/23/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Florida law requires a 10-day rescission period beginning the day the contract is signed. If I receive, sign, and return my contract today, and the seller somehow does the same and gets the doc notarized and returned tomorrow, the sale technically can't close until after the rescission period has expired (10 days from today, or April 1st). At least that is how I understand it to work. If a title company closes the deal and records the deed inside 10 days, that "might" be in violation of the statute. However, IMNAL so...

I don’t think this applies to resale for closing. I think it’s the initial offer contract to purchase. Which is what it is for direct as well.

All but one of the contracts that we bought and sold resale closed the day after both parties had signed.

Home Resort: Animal Kingdom Villas
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 02/03/2023
Offer accepted: 02/06/2023 (3 days)
Sent to ROFR: 02/08/2023 (2 days)
Passed ROFR: 02/23/2023 (15 days)
Closing docs received: 02/24/2023 (1 day)
Closing docs returned: 02/24/2023 (0 days)
Closing: 03/09/2023 (13 days)
Deed recorded: 03/10/2023 (1 day)
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 03/20/2023 (10 days)
Points in account: 03/22/2023 (2 days)

Days Total: 47 days

I did not contact Disney to get the points loaded quicker. I let the process happen naturally to see how long it would take.
congrats!! good to know! we passed ROFR the day after you and had our deed recorded a week ago today, so i'm hoping we follow your schedule and get our email on monday. we were planning to contact MS to load the points into our account, but you and several others have shown that it's not really necessary because the wait isn't too long. thanks so much for sharing your journey!

congrats!! good to know! we passed ROFR the day after you and had our deed recorded a week ago today, so i'm hoping we follow your schedule and get our email on monday. we were planning to contact MS to load the points into our account, but you and several others have shown that it's not really necessary because the wait isn't too long. thanks so much for sharing your journey!
you know what i do find sort of interesting. I have looked back at peoples timeframe from deed entry to contract in membership new members and existing.
They are from 6 days ...many 7 and 8. Then all of a sudden you get a 15 days and 10 days .. no rhyme or reason. These are all recent too. I would like to be at the 7 day mark lol OH that is today lolololol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter