Closing Time!

Title agent said we closed this morning and should have email confirmation soon...

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/9
Offer accepted: 2/9
Sent to ROFR: 2/10
Passed ROFR: 2/24 (14 days)
Estoppel Issued: 2/24
Closing docs received: 3/11 (15 days)
Buyer Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days)
Seller Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days)
Closing: 3/15 (2 days)
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:
I sure hope we’re right behind you. We sent in our docs on 3/11, same day we got them. The sellers were supposed to be using an online notary service, but we haven’t heard any updates.

Hmm....how did you make your deposit? I did ours with a credit card via the resale site.
Ours was credit card too via an online form that the agent sent me. Hopefully it’s all ok and even if it hasn’t been processed it shouldn’t hold up ROFR - although I don’t fully understand how all the parts fit together so who knows! Thanks for responding.

We closed on 3/6... deed recorded 3/7... still no member emails unlike some others who had them fairly quickly on here :(

I had found a post here on another thread with an email that people had success reaching out to for club ID and member ID - emailed but I only received an auto response and then a few hours later got an email from my broker reminding me that it can take Disney 30 days to complete ownership transfer...

ETA... of course... Just received my activation email! now I just need my club ID.
That’s not bad at all! I was expecting to wait two weeks from the day. My deep got recorded, but you were giving me hope! You’re almost at the finish line!

That’s not bad at all! I was expecting to wait two weeks from the day. My deep got recorded, but you were giving me hope! You’re almost at the finish line!
You're right - they told me 30 days when I checked in so I'm thrilled. No points yet, but I can see my contract in my new member account! We aren't in a rush to use the points so I'm going to be patient and not call/chat... get an actual timeframe and update here :)

You're right - they told me 30 days when I checked in so I'm thrilled. No points yet, but I can see my contract in my new member account! We aren't in a rush to use the points so I'm going to be patient and not call/chat... get an actual timeframe and update here :)
How many days between when they told you they sent the transfer paperwork to disney to when you could see the new member account? Mine was sent on 3/7 and I’m in a rush to beat both a banking deadline and a booking deadline.

Anyone else having a long time to close after all documents and money in? This has been the most drawn out process I have had with closing with Mason. I passed ROFR on 2/16, did receive closing documents that day and returned them. Seller did not return for awhile. I contacted Cammie and on Monday2/27 was told seller documents were on the way and would close the next week. I had asked to be notified when seller documents received and would wire the money. On Tuesday 3/7 contacted Cammie again if they had received seller documents and was told I could wire the money and would close 3/14. This was a little abnormal as my experience has been with Mason that they close as soon as all documents and money received. Received notice on 3/7 that evening that money received. Contact again today since had not received closing notification and was told closing changed to 3/17. No explanation given.
I guess they are just being over whelmed with all the passings of ROFR now. The kind of goes along with E2M2 experience with Mason and Cammie now.
Yuup. I believe it is that they are overwhelmed, and that can definitely add to the error rate.
I'm still waiting to hear that the sellers have signed and returned their docs.........
Just as an FYI - I don't wire the full amount due until the sellers docs. have been returned, only the amount necessary to cover Down Payment & Closing Fees. Otherwise, all of that money gets tied up waiting for these things to get sorted out.

This will be interesting, we can see what would happen if we did not nag DVD to death. We all appreciate you being a test case for the impatient among us (okay, almost All the rest of us) lol.

How many days between when they told you they sent the transfer paperwork to disney to when you could see the new member account? Mine was sent on 3/7 and I’m in a rush to beat both a banking deadline and a booking deadline.
I was told we closed on 3/6. I looked online and saw the deed recorded on 3/7. Got the emails for my new member account today 3/15 around 4:30 and 5:45. Still no points showing on my account yet but I know that it probably will be a few days at least.

This will be interesting, we can see what would happen if we did not nag DVD to death. We all appreciate you being a test case for the impatient among us (okay, almost All the rest of us) lol.
Let's be honest... if it takes too long... will I really be able to wait... I am going to do my best to try 😉 😂

I was told we closed on 3/6. I looked online and saw the deed recorded on 3/7. Got the emails for my new member account today 3/15 around 4:30 and 5:45. Still no points showing on my account yet but I know that it probably will be a few days at least.
Oy, I hope that means I’m looking at tomorrow since I closed the day after you.

Next update! Now for the email from Disney to come in! Seven month mark, here we come!

Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/9
Offer accepted: 2/9
Sent to ROFR: 2/10
Passed ROFR: 2/24 (14 days)
Closing docs received: 3/11 (15 days)
Buyer Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days)
Seller Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days)
Closing: 3/15 (2 days)
Deed recorded: 3/16 (1 day)
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: ******************
Title Company: Mason (with Marcelo)
Offer made: 2/10
Offer accepted: 2/10
Sent to ROFR: 2/13
Passed ROFR: 2/24
Closing docs received: 2/28
Buyer Closing docs returned: 2/28
Seller Closing docs returned: 3/2
Closing: 3/7
Deed recorded:3/7
Contract Showing on Membership: 3/16 - I didn't get any email but was looking at my account today and noticed it was there so called to get points added
Points in account: 3/16

Broker: ******************
Title Company: Mason (with Marcelo)
Offer made: 2/10
Offer accepted: 2/10
Sent to ROFR: 2/13
Passed ROFR: 2/24
Closing docs received: 2/28
Buyer Closing docs returned: 2/28
Seller Closing docs returned: 3/2
Closing: 3/7
Deed recorded:3/7
Contract Showing on Membership: 3/16 - I didn't get any email but was looking at my account today and noticed it was there so called to get points added
Points in account: 3/16
Ooh, I"m hoping we are a week behind you!!

Broker: www.fidelityresales.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 3/3
Offer accepted:3/4
Sent to ROFR: 3/10
Passed ROFR: 3/16
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Dumb question - what does DVD stand for in this context?
As above, Disney Vacation Development. That’s the entity that builds and sells the DVC resorts.

You might occasionally run across DVCMC, Disney Vacation Club Management Company. That’s the entity we owners contract with to run DVC operations - MS, Member Administration, Member Accounting, etc. They’re the ones who set the points charts, collect dues, etc. Through DVCMC we owners subcontract with other Disney entities for housekeeping services, maintenance, front desk and other operating personnel and services.

Then there’s Buena Vista Trading Company, BVTC. That’s our exchange company, similar to RCI or Interval International. When you book at a non-home resort, you’re exchanging your home resort points and reservation rights for a reservation at the non-home resort.

Is your brain full yet?

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs Resort
Broker: www.fidelityrealesate.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 03/08/23
Offer accepted: 03/09/23
Sent to ROFR: 03/16/2023
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days total

Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 2/22
Offer accepted: 2/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/06
Passed ROFR: 3/09
Closing docs received (buyer): 3/10
Closing docs returned (buyer): 3/10
Closing docs returned (seller): ??

Closing: scheduled for 3/24
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

updated for scheduled closing date. Probably not going to have the points by the date we were hoping, but should still be available before the 7mo window.

facebook twitter