Closing Time!!

I just received my closing docs tonight - has anyone ever seen a fee called "Closing Reserve" that costs me $25 (as the buyer)? It isn't a big fee, but just curious what this fee is for? It is categorized as "Adjustments".

I just received my closing docs tonight - has anyone ever seen a fee called "Closing Reserve" that costs me $25 (as the buyer)? It isn't a big fee, but just curious what this fee is for? It is categorized as "Adjustments".
Yes American title did that to me and it’s a just in case and they refund it if it’s not needed.

Home: BCV
Broker: https://fidelityresales.com/
Title Company: https://www.firstam.com/
Offer made: 7/8/2020
Offer accepted: 7/8/2020
Sent to ROFR: 7/15/2020
Passed ROFR: 8/24/2020 (40 days)
Estoppel Received: 8/27/2020 (3 days)
Closing docs received: 9/2/2020 (10 days)
Closing docs returned: 9/2/2020 (electronic signature)
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

For new people to this thread, you must post a link to brokers..even if you or never have as it ensures the filter can do its job.

For consistency, any post without the link is deleted.

Home: AKL
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 7/8/2020
Offer accepted: 7/13/2020
Sent to ROFR: 7/15/2020
Passed ROFR: 8/19/2020 (35 days)
Closing docs received: 8/27/2020 (8 days)
Closing docs returned: 9/1/2020
Sellers closing docs returned: 8/31/2020
Closing: 9/2/2020 (56 days)
Deed recorded: 9/3/2020 (57 days)
Points in account:

Fingers crossed everything will be finalized by the end of the month!

UPDATED: Passed ROFR, received closing docs, and now waiting on seller to return docs

Home: Copper Creek (CCV) -- Resale Contract #2
Broker: *************.com
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 07/14/2020
Offer accepted: 07/15/2020
Sent to ROFR: 07/15/2020
Passed ROFR: 08/24/2020
Closing docs received: 09/01/2020
Closing docs returned: 09/03/2020
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 50 days and counting...
offer to ROFR: 41 days
ROFR passing to Closing: 9 days and counting...
Closing to Points in Account:

Here is my experience so far, as I’ve done numerous mostly small contracts:

Closed Contracts (offer to points in account):

BRV Resale - 43 days - FidelityResales.com / Mason
AKL Resale #1 - 49 days - DVCbyResale.com / Mason
AKL Resale #2 - 40 days - DVCStore.com / Mason
AKL Resale #3 - 80 days - DVCResaleMarket.com / Magic Vacation Title (start of Covid)
CCV Resale #1 - 91 days - FidelityResales.com / Mason (Covid, end-May to end-August)

In progress:
SSR Resale - *************.com / TRCS - 38 days to pass ROFR, 68 days (+30) to closing & deed recording, 115 days (+47) to contract appearing, 117 total days and counting... (no points yet)
CCV Small Resale #2 - *************.com / TRCS - 41 days to pass ROFR, 50 total days so far, waiting for seller closing (offer made 7/14, sent to ROFR 7/15)
CCV Small Resale #3 - FidelityResales.com / Mason - 49 days to pass ROFR, 51 total days so far, waiting for estoppel/closing docs (offer made 7/15, sent to ROFR 7/21)

Last edited:
UPDATED: Passed ROFR! Now waiting on estoppel and closing docs

Home: Copper Creek (CCV) -- Small Resale Contract #3
Broker: FidelityResales.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 07/15/2020
Offer contract received and sent in with deposit: 07/16/2020
Seller returned offer contract: 07/20/2020
Sent to ROFR: 07/21/2020
Passed ROFR: 09/01/2020
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 51 days and counting...
offer to ROFR: 49 days
ROFR passing to Closing: 2 days and counting...

AKL Resale #3 - 80 days - DVCResaleMarket.com / Magic Vacation Title (start of Covid)
CCV Resale #1 - 91 days - FidelityResales.com / Mason (Covid, end-May to end-August)

In progress:
SSR Resale - *************.com / TRCS - 38 days to pass ROFR, 68 days (+30) to closing & deed recording, 115 days (+47) to contract appearing, 117 total days and counting... (no points yet)
CCV Small Resale #2 - *************.com / TRCS - 41 days to pass ROFR, 50 total days so far, waiting for seller closing (offer made 7/14, sent to ROFR 7/15)
CCV Small Resale #3 - FidelityResales.com / Mason - 49 days to pass ROFR, 51 total days so far, waiting for estoppel/closing docs (offer made 7/15, sent to ROFR 7/21)

Last edited:
Home: SSR
Broker: www.*************.com
Title Company: TRCS inc
Offer made: 7/16/20
Offer accepted: 7/16/20
Sent to ROFR: 7/17/20
Passed ROFR: 8/24/20 (38 days)
Closing docs received: 9/2/20
Closing docs returned: 9/3/20
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Home: Beach Club Villas
Broker: www.dvcbyresale.com
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet, Esquire
Offer made: 06/17/2020
Offer accepted: 06/17/2020
Sent to ROFR: 06/18/2020
Passed ROFR: 07/29/2020
Closing docs received: 08/04/2020
Closing docs returned: 08/05/2020
Seller returned closing docs: Unknown
Closing: 08/07/2020
Deed recorded: 08/07/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 09/03/2020
Points in account:

For those of you who may be interested in the saga of an international seller (in England), so far so good. The seller has been very responsive. I got an email from my broker on 8/27 that said the seller confirmed the receipt of their closing docs but they couldn't get an appointment with a notary until today, 9/4. They are supposed to send the paperwork back by Fedex afterwards so, considering its a holiday weekend, I don't know when it will fall into the hands of Fidelity (assuming they send it back right away).

Just figured I'd keep everyone informed since international sellers isn't seen every day (although not uncommon)

Happy Labor Day weekend to my US friends! 14 days to Disneyworld!!!

Hi all, Happy Labor Day weekend! I wanted to see if anyone has experienced a delay in Estoppel being issued and if so if it meant there was an issue with points. I’m at day 15 after passing ROFR, still waiting on estoppel. I assume it’s ok but just curious if any of you had a similar experience and what the outcome was. As always thank you for your feedback!

Got on chat regarding my points being loaded early if possible due to me wanting to book for my stay in Feb. I'm worried at losing the current availability if I wait to long.

Got to say wasn't impressed with my first contact with membership services. I realise chat isn't the best way for customer service. But saying that I have some good experience with other companies on chat. But the agent was short and Impersonal. Just got a "too bad you can't have points until you get them, maybe try calling in" and every message had is there anything I can help you with today.

Hi all, Happy Labor Day weekend! I wanted to see if anyone has experienced a delay in Estoppel being issued and if so if it meant there was an issue with points. I’m at day 15 after passing ROFR, still waiting on estoppel. I assume it’s ok but just curious if any of you had a similar experience and what the outcome was. As always thank you for your feedback!

I had an SSR contract just recently that took 23 days to get estoppel and closing docs. It then took 47 days for it to appear in my account. I’m 4 days past that and waiting for points. This was using TRCS.

During that same time, I had another contract with Mason during that same time, which took 3 days for estoppel and closing docs, 27 days to appear in my account after deed recorded, and 4 days for points to appear.

UPDATED: And received closing docs! Wow, that was fast.

Home: Copper Creek (CCV) -- Small Resale Contract #3
Broker: FidelityResales.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 07/15/2020
Offer contract received and sent in with deposit: 07/16/2020
Seller returned offer contract: 07/20/2020
Sent to ROFR: 07/21/2020
Passed ROFR: 09/1/2020
Closing docs received: 09/4/2020
Closing docs returned: 09/4/2020
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 52 days and counting...
offer to ROFR: 49 days
ROFR passing to Closing: 3 days and counting...

In progress:
SSR Resale - *************.com / TRCS - 38 days to pass ROFR, 68 days (+30) to closing & deed recording, 115 days (+47) to contract appearing, 119 total days and counting... (no points yet)
CCV Small Resale #2 - *************.com / TRCS - 41 days to pass ROFR, 51 total days so far, waiting for seller closing (offer made 7/14, sent to ROFR 7/15)
CCV Small Resale #3 - FidelityResales.com / Mason - 49 days to pass ROFR, 52 total days so far, waiting for seller to return closing docs (offer made 7/15, sent to ROFR 7/21)

Got on chat regarding my points being loaded early if possible due to me wanting to book for my stay in Feb. I'm worried at losing the current availability if I wait to long.

Got to say wasn't impressed with my first contact with membership services. I realise chat isn't the best way for customer service. But saying that I have some good experience with other companies on chat. But the agent was short and Impersonal. Just got a "too bad you can't have points until you get them, maybe try calling in" and every message had is there anything I can help you with today.

Unfortunately, chat CMs don’t all have the same ability as phone CMs as well as sometimes they are following rules that other chat CMa may bend.

I could not get chat CMa to do anything either but did through calling. Plus some CMs are working feom home and some are not from what I have been Told. It’s possible that played a role.

Call MS. I think success will be greater there!

I had an SSR contract just recently that took 23 days to get estoppel and closing docs. It then took 47 days for it to appear in my account. I’m 4 days past that and waiting for points. This was using TRCS.

During that same time, I had another contract with Mason during that same time, which took 3 days for estoppel and closing docs, 27 days to appear in my account after deed recorded, and 4 days for points to appear.

Thanks for the info!

We had an issue where Disney emailed it to the title company but did not actually attach it to the email. This delayed us about 2.5 weeks between passing ROFR and receiving closing documents. After it was received, everything was smooth sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts