Closing Time!!

I have an international seller too. I returned my docs on 8/26 but the seller couldn't get an appointment to get notarized until 9/4. They said they will return their docs via FedEx immediately. The seller has been extremely responsive so I'm hoping that the title company receives all the paperwork by next Tuesday. I'm getting the impression that everything is done and the moment they receive the docs, they will settle.

I have a question for everyone. How do you know when your deed is recorded? Does your agent email or is there a website that you can check?

EDIT: Oops, I was too slow with my reply :)

For Disney World DVC Resorts you can check the Orange County Comptroller website to see when your deed is recorded: https://or.occompt.com/recorder/web/

It might take up to a week for your deed to show up though, but usually is faster than that.

Passed ROFR on my BCV contract on 8/24/20, estoppel was received on 8/27/20 - Fidelity says to expect closing paperwork on 9/3/20, so roughly 2 weeks from passing ROFR to closing paperwork (using First American), hopefully seller is quick to return theirs too. Will see! Not the fastest but definitely not the slowest either. Will update with all of my details once I get and return the closing paperwork.

So I asked but didn't get any real timeframes from recent sellers here. But, for sellers, from closing date how long until the contract is removed from your membership. I had 2 closings as a seller....8/10 and 8/21 and ALL the contracts are still in my membership, even the 3 weeks ago closing. I suppose the day the remove from my membership they will list it (without points) in the buyers membership...same day??? So looks like, based on buyers upthread, we should be within the next week. On the 8/10 one anyway.

Just another reminder that we now ask that the link to the broker is posted, even if you believe it is an approved site,

This ensures that any updates to the filter can be applied. Thanks so much!

So I asked but didn't get any real timeframes from recent sellers here. But, for sellers, from closing date how long until the contract is removed from your membership. I had 2 closings as a seller....8/10 and 8/21 and ALL the contracts are still in my membership, even the 3 weeks ago closing. I suppose the day the remove from my membership they will list it (without points) in the buyers membership...same day??? So looks like, based on buyers upthread, we should be within the next week. On the 8/10 one anyway.

My sold contract closed on 6/26, and it didn’t leave my membership until about 5 weeks later. I assume it leaves the seller on the same day it shows up for the buyer,

You can search for your deed being recorded on the Orange County records website:
https://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp
I’ve been searching every day and decided to click your link to search YET again... and my deed was actually just recorded!
I’m so excited. I was waiting for over a month for the sellers to return their documents, and now zee deed is recorded! 🥳

Updating as my deed was just recorded 🥳🥳🥳
——
Home : Anima Kingdom
Broker: www.Fidelity.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 6/4/2020
Offer accepted: 6/4/2020
Sent to ROFR: 6/5/2029
Passed ROFR: 7/20/2029
Closing docs received: 7/24/2020
Closing docs returned: 7/28/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 8/28/2020
Closing: ?
Deed recorded: 9/1/2020
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

I need to go back to check my dates but I just needed to share with fellow Disney fans. My husband doesn’t like Disney so no excitement from him.
I got the email to set up my account today. We are first time members so I’m super excited to create my acct and start playing around on the website when I get home from work!

Passed ROFR on my BCV contract on 8/24/20, estoppel was received on 8/27/20 - Fidelity says to expect closing paperwork on 9/3/20, so roughly 2 weeks from passing ROFR to closing paperwork (using First American), hopefully seller is quick to return theirs too. Will see! Not the fastest but definitely not the slowest either. Will update with all of my details once I get and return the closing paperwork.

Glad things are moving for you! I will say first American was quick to respond to my inquiry. Just a little concerned though. 12 days after ROFR, no estoppel yet. I see most get notified within a few days but some I’ve seen on this thread taking a month or more. The waiting continues :)

Glad things are moving for you! I will say first American was quick to respond to my inquiry. Just a little concerned though. 12 days after ROFR, no estoppel yet. I see most get notified within a few days but some I’ve seen on this thread taking a month or more. The waiting continues :)

Wow, hope your estoppel comes through soon!

Who did you contact at First American ( https://www.firstam.com/ )? I asked Fidelity Resales ( https://fidelityresales.com/ ) for contact info at First American, but they just want me to go through my broker at Fidelity. This is the opposite to my experience with https://magicvacationtitle.com/ where I had an email address for them and they were contacting me every step of the way.

EDIT- I just used the "Contact us" form on the First American website. It would be nice if they told us how to logon to their website as it is supposed to give us a status on closing docs, etc.

EDIT- Is this how we're supposed to mention companies in this thread? With a Link to the company each post? Not trying to be snarky - honestly am making sure I am doing this correctly :)

Last edited:
Wow, hope your estoppel comes through soon!

Who did you contact at First American ( https://www.firstam.com/ )? I asked Fidelity Resales ( https://fidelityresales.com/ ) for contact info at First American, but they just want me to go through my broker at Fidelity. This is the opposite to my experience with https://magicvacationtitle.com/ where I had an email address for them and they were contacting me every step of the way.

EDIT- I just used the "Contact us" form on the First American website. It would be nice if they told us how to logon to their website as it is supposed to give us a status on closing docs, etc.

EDIT- Is this how we're supposed to mention companies in this thread? With a Link to the company each post? Not trying to be snarky - honestly am making sure I am doing this correctly :)
I emailed the first American agent that provided the opening docs and escrow info to me

Hello Everyone! i have seen mixed things about how you get your first membership number to be able to create the online profile. Does this come through email or mail?

Home: PVB
Broker: www.*************.com
Title Company: TRCS Inc.
Offer made: 6/15/20
Offer accepted: 6/16/20
Sent to ROFR: 6/17/20
Passed ROFR: 7/28/20
Closing docs received: 8/10/20
Closing docs returned: 8/18/20
Seller returned closing docs: 8/14/20
Closing: 8/20/20
Deed recorded: 8/21/20
Points in account:

Last edited:
First time DVC purchase for us!

Home: Bay Lake Tower
Broker: DVCResaleMarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer Made: 07/17/2020
Offer Accepted: 07/17/2020
Sent to ROFR: 07/22/2020
Passed ROFR: 09/01/2020
Estopple Received:
Closing Docs Received:
Closing Docs Returned:
Seller returned closing docs:
Closed:
Deed recorded:
Contract showing on membership:
Points showing on membership:

Home: Copper Creek
Broker: www.*******.com
Title Company: TRCS, Inc.
Offer made: 4/19/20
Offer accepted: 4/19/20
Sent to ROFR: 4/21/20
Passed ROFR: 6/10/20
Closing docs received: 6/16/20
Closing docs returned: 6/16/20
Seller returned closing docs: 6/26/20
Closing: 6/29/20
Deed recorded: 7/06/20
Contract Showing on Membership: 8/12/2020
Points in account: September 1, 2020
Finally! Booked my first trip home!!

Hello Everyone! i have seen mixed things about how you get your first membership number to be able to create the online profile. Does this come through email or mail?
They send you two emails, one with an ID and another with an activation code. Once you log in you get your membership number. Use your same login as your current Disney account. It took just shy of 3 weeks to get my points after I got my email.

Four months into it so far. Now waiting on Disney for DVC account update and points posting.

Home: BLT
Broker: Fidelityresales.com
Title Company: First American Title Company(firstam.com)
Offer made: 04/25/2020
Offer accepted: 04/28/2020
Sent to ROFR: 05/14/2020
Passed ROFR: 07/14/2020
Closing docs received: 07/31/2020
Closing docs returned: 08/03/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 08/24/2020
Closing: 08/31/2020
Deed recorded: 08/31/2020
Contract showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Last edited:
Home: SSR
Broker: www.*************.com
Title Company: TRCS inc
Offer made: 7/16/20
Offer accepted: 7/16/20
Sent to ROFR: 7/17/20
Passed ROFR: 8/24/20 (38 days)
Closing docs received: 9/2/20
Closing docs returned:
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter