• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!!

I guess my experience was different than others. Called MS as soon as I received the email to have points loaded. Representative put me on hold for about 10 minutes while they checked with the support team. When she got back on the line she said that the membership was just activated today and the points should show in 2-3 days.

Last edited:
Home Resort: VGC
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 04/18/2021
Offer accepted: 04/18/2021
Sent to ROFR: 04/20/2021
Passed ROFR: 05/10/2021
Closing docs received: 06/04/2021
Closing docs returned: 06/04/2021
Seller’s closing docs returned: 06/15/2021
Closing: 06/17/2021
Deed recorded: 06/17/2021
Contract Showing on Membership
Points in account:

I was just notified today that my contract closed. When I checked CA records, the deed was already recorded. I even called on Friday for a status update and they told me they would close the following week. This is great news since I have points expiring in July!!!

Update: Deed Recorded YEAH!!!

We're getting there :)

Broker: www.*******.com
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 4/29/21
Offer accepted: 4/29/21
Sent to ROFR: 4/30/21
Passed ROFR: 5/19/21
Estoppel Received: 6/3/21
Closing docs received: 6/10/21
Closing docs returned: 6/10/21 (wired funds)
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/18/21
Closing:
Deed recorded: 6/21/21
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Update: just closed! finally almost done. This is our first and can’t wait for more lol

Home: AKL
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.con
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 5/3/21
Offer accepted: 5/3/21
Sent to ROFR: 5/4/21
Passed ROFR: 5/21/21
Estoppel Received:6/04/21
Closing docs received:6/11/21
Closing docs returned:6/14/21
Sellers closing docs returned:?
Closing:6/22/21
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Getting a little nervous, looks like many people who have deed postings after mine have gotten their emails and points! Mine posted 6/7…I keep searching my emails. Was it pretty obvious when it came?

Home Resort: BLT
Broker: http://dvcsales.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 5/2/21
Offer accepted: 5/2/21
Sent to ROFR: 5/3/21
Passed ROFR: 5/19/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 6/3/21
Closing docs returned: 6/4/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/9/21
Closing: 6/9/21
Deed recorded: 6/10/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 6/21/21
Points in account: 6/22/21

Days Total: 51

Had to call a few times in order to get points loaded:
Called 6/21 as soon as I received my email. Was on hold for 10 minutes. Was told contract was too new to load points. Said to check back in 5-7 days.
Called again a few hours later after reading this post and other’s experiences. This time MS agent didn’t check anything in my account and just said it takes 2 weeks for points to load.
Called day after the email (6/22) was on hold for 15 minutes - points loaded.

Getting a little nervous, looks like many people who have deed postings after mine have gotten their emails and points! Mine posted 6/7…I keep searching my emails. Was it pretty obvious when it came?
That is odd. It seems that they’ve been taking 10-11 days consistently from deed recording to first email. My 11 day mark is Friday. Fingers crossed!

That is odd. It seems that they’ve been taking 10-11 days consistently from deed recording to first email. My 11 day mark is Friday. Fingers crossed!
Thank you! I did just call member services, and they sent me to member admin, as my broker and title agent won't confirm the SENDING of the transfer paperwork to Disney. I know it takes time, but my title agent has been so slow and I've really had to stay on top of them.

Thank you! I did just call member services, and they sent me to member admin, as my broker and title agent won't confirm the SENDING of the transfer paperwork to Disney. I know it takes time, but my title agent has been so slow and I've really had to stay on top of them.

Magic Vacation Title?

Still being told it's normal for sellers in the domestic U.S. to wait post two weeks to return their documents.

Last edited:
How did you guess?!:P They must have elves on here, they finally did confirm the sending of the paperwork.
Interesting. I closed with them on the 14th and it showed up on the OC recorder website the next day. I was in communication with *** though already as the seller took forever to return their docs. Not saying they tried to push me through as a result of that but… 🤷‍♂️

I feel your pain. Mine recorded on 6/9 and still waiting for that email from Disney. Hoping we both get our points soon!

Home Resort: VGC
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 04/18/2021
Offer accepted: 04/18/2021
Sent to ROFR: 04/20/2021
Passed ROFR: 05/10/2021
Closing docs received: 06/04/2021
Closing docs returned: 06/04/2021
Seller’s closing docs returned: 06/15/2021
Closing: 06/17/2021
Deed recorded: 06/17/2021
Contract Showing on Membership
Points in account:

I was just notified today that my contract closed. When I checked CA records, the deed was already recorded. I even called on Friday for a status update and they told me they would close the following week. This is great news since I have points expiring in July!!!
I noticed that too. I got my email from my broker saying we closed our VGC on 6/10 but it showed on the comptroller site that it recorded on the 9th. Still waiting for that email from Disney. Good luck to you and congratulations neighbor!

I noticed that too. I got my email from my broker saying we closed our VGC on 6/10 but it showed on the comptroller site that it recorded on the 9th. Still waiting for that email from Disney. Good luck to you and congratulations neighbor!
I emailed member admin, and they were able to get my membership started for me this evening. I got the activation email first, then the one with my ID number about an hour later. I'm calling tomorrow to hopefully get some pixie dust and get my points added quickly! Crossing my fingers for you!

I emailed member admin, and they were able to get my membership started for me this evening. I got the activation email first, then the one with my ID number about an hour later. I'm calling tomorrow to hopefully get some pixie dust and get my points added quickly! Crossing my fingers for you!
You could do that?!!! What’s the member admin email address?

You could do that?!!! What’s the member admin email address?
So I called member services first, who gave me the member admin email. I worded it that I was checking to ensure that my paperwork was received from the title agency. The cast member said she'd put it through, as she was "working on that date range." It's wdw.dvc.member.administration@disney DOT com

So I called member services first, who gave me the member admin email. I worded it that I was checking to ensure that my paperwork was received from the title agency. The cast member said she'd put it through, as she was "working on that date range." It's wdw.dvc.member.administration@disney DOT com

I didn't know we could do that! I have the same title company, so I guess I'll wait until late afternoon tomorrow and send admin an e-mail if nothing happens to check. Availability for my travel dates next March is not looking good. I need those points asap!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter