Closing Time!!

Even closer! This is now the worst part... The dreaded wait for the membership number and deposit of points.

Home: BRV
Broker: www.dvcsales.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 4/30/2021
Offer accepted: 4/30/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/30/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/18/2021
Estoppel Received: ??
Closing docs received: 6/3/2021
Closing docs returned: 6/3/2021
Funds wired: 6/3/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: ??
Closing: 6/10/21
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:
Total days:

We have them as well. A little bugged and we stressed the urgency for our contract. We have 320 points expiring July 31. The seller and I got closing docs back to them the VERY next day. They didn’t turn in the paperwork to record the deed for another week. I have seen peoples deeds get recorded in one day. Ours took 8 😒
Same, they waited several days to turn over the docs to the Comptroller's site.

I have the same title company and I received and e-mail today indicating that we've closed and that my contract has been sent to the county. Does it mean it is now in a sort of line to be processed? I've been checking the comptroller website since the e-mail, but nothing comes up and I've seen some contracts closing and having deed recorded on the same day.
Do you know how this works? Would the title company have direct access to record the deed?

I have the same title company and I received and e-mail today indicating that we've closed and that my contract has been sent to the county. Does it mean it is now in a sort of line to be processed? I've been checking the comptroller website since the e-mail, but nothing comes up and I've seen some contracts closing and having deed recorded on the same day.
Do you know how this works? Would the title company have direct access to record the deed?

No they don't have direct access. They have to send it to the County Registrars and they would enter it and then you can see it recorded online. Some title companies send it immediately after closing and others take awhile (aka a day to week or more)

No they don't have direct access. They have to send it to the County Registrars and they would enter it and then you can see it recorded online. Some title companies send it immediately after closing and others take awhile (aka a day to week or more)
Thank you for the explanation. I hope, from the wording in the e-mail, that my contract has really been sent to the county, because from what I understand, Disney starts the transfer process only after the deed is recorded.

Thank you for the explanation. I hope, from the wording in the e-mail, that my contract has really been sent to the county, because from what I understand, Disney starts the transfer process only after the deed is recorded.

Yep the deed needs to be recorded and Disney takes awhile to go through the contract and create membership/load points

How long did it take to close after you sent closing documents?

How long after the deeds are recorded does it take for Disney to send email for membership and validation code? I'm a new member.

My five resale contracts (all same Use Year with same brokerage and title companies) were recorded in Orange County by end of April 2021. I haven't received anything from Disney.

I sent Disney email on 26 May 2021asking them to create my membership. They told to to call 800-800-9800. I called three times on different days but the wait was like 69, 45 or 68 minutes so I gave up.

The brokerage firm told me to call Disney. The title company never answered my email asking them to contact Disney.

Does Disney send anything to new resale members by US Postal?

So should I just wait? Or should I keep calling Disney?

I have no idea. We were also told the same thing right after closing and then no deed was recorded for 8 days. It was beyond frustrating. We closed on May 25. No deed was recorded until June 1

Update again!

Home Resort: OKW
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 04/19/2021
Offer accepted: 04/19/2021
Sent to ROFR: 04/21/2021
Passed ROFR: 05/10/2021
Closing docs received: 5/26/2021
Closing docs returned: 5/26/2021
Seller’s closing docs returned: 6/11/2021
Closing: 6/14/2021
Deed recorded: 6/15/2021
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Is it petty of me to be annoyed that the seller took over two weeks to get their documents returned??

Last edited:
Update:

Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Is it petty of me to be annoyed that the seller took over two weeks to get their documents returned??
Not petty at all! It’s a long process. Anything that holds it up is just plain annoying 😒

How long after the deeds are recorded does it take for Disney to send email for membership and validation code? I'm a new member.

My five resale contracts (all same Use Year with same brokerage and title companies) were recorded in Orange County by end of April 2021. I haven't received anything from Disney.

I sent Disney email on 26 May 2021asking them to create my membership. They told to to call 800-800-9800. I called three times on different days but the wait was like 69, 45 or 68 minutes so I gave up.

The brokerage firm told me to call Disney. The title company never answered my email asking them to contact Disney.

Have you checked the comptrollers site to confirm they were recorded? That seems like a long time from end of April until now and not receiving anything. I would be calling Disney. Typically its been about 2-4 weeks from deed recorded. I know waits have been longer recently, but I would be concerned something is off. I would also be wondering how long after closing your stuff got sent to Disney. Some title agents send right away and others seem to wait. Either way, follow up is needed. Call and sit on hold. I know it takes a while, but call and push for answers.

If your stuff didn't get sent until 1-2 weeks after closing, then you are still in the window to get your emails. Disney does not send stuff through postal mail. You should be getting an email with your member number and then another email with activation code. I would also be checking my spam and junk folders.

How long did it take to close after you sent closing documents?

It took 6 days, but we had a weekend on the way. I received and returned closing documents on a Friday in the afternoon. Sellers signed and notarised Monday and Tuesday. They received sellers signed documents on Wednesday and I sent the wire transfer too. We closed on Thursday. Today my contract was showing in the comptroller website. I'd say it was much better than I expected after such a long delay for the estoppel.

Home Resort: BCV
Offer made: 4/14/2021
Offer accepted: 4/14/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/16/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/10/2021
Estoppel Received: 6/02/2021
Closing docs received: 6/04/2021
Closing docs returned: 6/04/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/9/2021
Funds wired: 6/9/2021
Closing: 6/10/2021
Deed recorded: 6/11/2021
Points in account:

I'm thrilled!
One more step and the next one will be membership ID / activation code! So anxious to update my signature with our beloved BCV!!!

Update:

Deed recorded:
Points in account:

No, it is not petty. It is disrespectful and annoying that the seller waited two weeks. I lost two weeks ona very tight contract myself this month and am facing another one where the seller is non comminucative.

Last edited:
Home: BRV
Broker: www.dvcsales.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 4/30/2021
Offer accepted: 4/30/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/30/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/18/2021
Estoppel Received: ??
Closing docs received: 6/3/2021
Closing docs returned: 6/3/2021
Funds wired: 6/3/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/4/21
Closing: 6/10/21
Deed recorded: 6/11/21
Points in account:
Total days:

Last edited:
Last update! Points in both accounts - 1 day apart. Someone else mentioned how stressful the waiting is for these, and I totally agree - even though my timeline was fairly fast. I thought waiting a couple of days for my direct points was bad. :rotfl2:
Happy this is it for a good while though! Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences! It really helped me get through all of this!

Home: CCV
Broker: www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason Title & Escrow
Offer made: 4/4/21
Offer accepted: 4/5/21
Sent to ROFR: 4/7/21
Passed ROFR: 5/3/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 5/18/21
Closing docs returned: 5/18/21
Sellers closing docs returned: ?
Closing: 5/25/21
Deed recorded: 5/26/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 6/9/21 (already a member)
Points in account: 6/10/21

Total time: 67 Days

Home: BCV
Broker: www.dvcmagicresales.com
Title Company: First Reliable Transfers
Offer made: 4/4/21
Offer accepted: 4/5/21
Sent to ROFR: 4/8/21
Passed ROFR: 5/12/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 5/17/21
Closing docs returned: 5/17/21
Sellers closing docs returned: ?
Closing: 5/25/21
Deed recorded: 5/26/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 6/10/21 (already a member)
Points in account: 6/11/21

Total time: 68 Days

Yuck! That seems like too long. I bought resale after buying direct, so I'm not sure how long it usually takes to get a new account, but I think others have mentioned 2-3 weeks? I would call first thing in the morning, and maybe you'll get in before the queue is so long? Hope it shows up soon!

The plot thickens: :magnify:
Got our closing documents today. :cool1:
Found out the sellers are from CAN (guess I should have asked when making the offer) And they banked 144 points not 141. And our new closing date it set for 7/9
We are happy to have the few extra points and don’t have to wait until Nov. to close

Home Resort: CCV
Broker: www.*******.com
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 4/26/2021
Offer accepted: 4/26/2021
Sent to ROFR: 5/3/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/24/2021
Estoppel Received: 6/9/2021
Closing docs received: 6/10/2021 (afternoon)
Closing docs returned: 6/11/2021
Wired funds: 6/11/2021
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

It took 6 days, but we had a weekend on the way. I received and returned closing documents on a Friday in the afternoon. Sellers signed and notarised Monday and Tuesday. They received sellers signed documents on Wednesday and I sent the wire transfer too. We closed on Thursday. Today my contract was showing in the comptroller website. I'd say it was much better than I expected after such a long delay for the estoppel.
Thanks. Received closing docs last Wednesday. So I sent both documents and wire on Saturday and they received docs on Monday and wire on Tuesday. No word yet that they have received sellers documents. Seeing some of the timelines that have the same title company I have noticed that they close more promptly when buyers funds are held until sellers send their documents. I am not sure if they notify the seller when this happens to make seller complete their docs as soon as possible or if is just coincidence that in those cases sellers respond more rapidly. I didn’t want to hold the process and sent everything as soon as I could but maybe I should have waited. Here’s hoping that seller sends documents soon and by next week we are closed.

Broker: www.*******.com
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 4/29/21
Offer accepted: 4/29/21
Sent to ROFR: 4/30/21
Passed ROFR: 5/19/21
Estoppel Received: 6/3/21
Closing docs received: 6/10/21
Closing docs returned: 6/10/21 (wired funds)
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter